• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Overrated player. Remembered me the hype when torreira first signed. Hope not he turned out like him. But this doesn’t change the fact that he is our current best midfielder. Unfortunately, this is our level ATM. Dropped from viera, gilberto, petit level even from cazorla, ramsey, wilshere, rosicky level to partey, xhaka, elneny and ceballos level. Poor.
Weird flex but okay

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Overrated player. Remembered me the hype when torreira first signed. Hope not he turned out like him. But this doesn’t change the fact that he is our current best midfielder. Unfortunately, this is our level ATM. Dropped from viera, gilberto, petit level even from cazorla, ramsey, wilshere, rosicky level to partey, xhaka, elneny and ceballos level. Poor.

I wouldn’t say he’s overrated but fans do tend to get over excited about new signings and over praise them or give them extra credit for doing the basic stuff. You’d think Gabriel was Sol Campbell the way people been going on when really he just been good.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I remember Partey's early days at Atleti and he was a headless chicken road runner. A series of loans, Simeone and real application on his part has made him the player he is. He always had the tools so there was a lot to work with.
Which is why I still think Willock still has something to offer if given time and nurturing and the correct loan moves. You would be surprised just how unrefined Partey was when he first moved to Spain.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Aren't you the guy that called Tierney and ESR overrated several days ago.

I bet you're Sp**s fan who comes in here to troll.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Which is why I still think Willock still has something to offer if given time and nurturing and the correct loan moves. You would be surprised just how unrefined Partey was when he first moved to Spain.
So we should loan Willock to At Madrid. 4 years later et voila another Partey.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
What did you think he could've done better?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've a lot of time and hope for Willock especially if he can translate his best EL form in to the norm. I've already called Partey a headless chicken road runner when he first arrived at Atleti. He's a boss now. Watched his whole career in Spain apart from the last year.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
A little bit sloppy with some of his passes but he just oozes class. The gulf beween him and the rest of our midfielders is just mindblowing.

Impact

Established Member

Not fully fit yet but damn you can't bully him

Partey is on a different level to our every midfield option.

The only one that can consistently offer both physicality and athleticism off the ball and control and verticality on the ball.

Hope we build on his signing in the summer with another option that can provide both to play behind or alongside our #10/8 attacking midfield signing.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
What did you think he could've done better?

Pretty clear this is someone on a wind up and/or a regular members 2nd or 3rd account (never understood the need for such things* but seems a few have them for whatever bizzare reasoning)

EDIT: *Unless you have been banned of course!:lol:

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I wouldn’t say he’s overrated but fans do tend to get over excited about new signings and over praise them or give them extra credit for doing the basic stuff. You’d think Gabriel was Sol Campbell the way people been going on when really he just been good.
It's mainly guys who cant stand Xhaka/Elneny that are over doing it a bit really.

Hopefully we get someone on a similar level to partner him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom