• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He was the best of a poor bunch offensively today it must be said.

You get flashes of brilliance with Pep but nothing very solid.

I'm more and more convinced that he just doesn't get enough time on the ball to perform to the level he did in France. He's got talent but he's very flawed.

Should move him on in the summer, he's clearly not the player we thought we were getting.
My view is that if he's given only intermittent matches he'll only ever provide flashes of brilliance. He needs to be given an extended run without the fear of being dropped.

@OnlyOne was spamming this 7 shots of 10 that came from Pepe in the matchday thread.

I missed these shots, were they quality? Was he a close scoring goal with these shots? Please tell me!

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
My view is that if he's given only intermittent matches he'll only ever provide flashes of brilliance. He needs to be given an extended run without the fear of being dropped.

Yeah but at the moment he's a back up player. He didn't perform up to standard early in the season and he's not in the intermittent times he's played since then.

You can't drop Saka or Auba for 8-10 matches just on the hopes Pepe will start performing up to par.

If he wants to get back into the starting 11 he has to earn it. He's done nothing in the 2 FA Cup starts or sub appearances to make anyone think he should be starting for us, to be honest.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Yeah but at the moment he's a back up player. He didn't perform up to standard early in the season and he's not in the intermittent times he's played since then.

You can't drop Saka or Auba for 8-10 matches just on the hopes Pepe will start performing up to par.

If he wants to get back into the starting 11 he has to earn it. He's done nothing in the 2 FA Cup starts or sub appearances to make anyone think he should be starting for us, to be honest.
Yeah, I know. He's in a bit of a catch 22 situation right now. He needs games to get into rhythm, and we can't give him games because he hasn't done enough to justify his position. Don't see any way out of this, he'll probably be sold at the end of the season.

Yes please I need some close attention tonight. :(

I will bring my A-game!

giphy.gif

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Average first half, bright second half. Responsible for almost every decent attacking thing we need and that’s pretty much a fact.

If you’ve come in here to blame him for this result then you need to take a look at yourself tbh. Saka is our starting RW anyway so why are you all so pressed?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The reaction to his free kick said a lot really. We see players constantly sky free kicks, but when he did it the reaction was akin to someone missing a 1v1. Get your heads checked out.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Yeah, I know. He's in a bit of a catch 22 situation right now. He needs games to get into rhythm, and we can't give him games because he hasn't done enough to justify his position. Don't see any way out of this, he'll probably be sold at the end of the season.

Only way out of the Catch-22 is if one of our attackers hits a bad run of form, Pépé gets an opportunity and capitalizes on it.

Saka and Auba are unlikely to be dropped, and ESR and Pépé aren't counterparts position wise. The only way I see is if Lacazette hits a bad run of form, Auba moves to CF, Saka moves to LW and the RW spot becomes open.

It really is difficult to envision a future for him here though. He doesn't fit the formation or the style of play. He's an inside forward in a counter-attacking 4-3-3 type of player, would do well at Liverpool, Leicester or Everton I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom