• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: Not Our Only Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
1st half was poor 2nd half better i can't blame for goal. You'll expect mistakes from him not reached the full potential yet

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Shaky to begin with but got better as the game went on. Southampton are really good at exposing CBs, him and Holding had a tough time out there.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's got the look of Koscielny when he arrived

Yeah, bit ropey the last few games...but he is still a young defender, in a new league/country...got a lot of attributes to work with, hopefully he can put it all together.

Would be very happy for him to be as good as Kos was for us, which I think he could do.

Last edited:

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Lol the Arsenal skill vampires have got him.

Imma blame covid for that performance even though he was looking iffy prior to catching it. Southampton kinda know how to play against him.
It's not like he had an absolute mare though? A ****ty start yes but he at least didn't collapse and worked himself back in the game.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Jurys still out for me. I know he’s young, but he’s showing all the traits I hate in central defenders. He’s rash, clumsy, gets turned easily, loses concentration and quite heavy off his feet.

Shouldn’t be an automatic starter as I don’t think he’s ready.

Gabriel has the mold of a mobile, aggressive defender, rather than a stable rock at the back. Koscielny to Mertesacker, Puyol to Piqué, Cannavaro to Nesta etc.

He's young, and more importantly, he's adjusting to a far higher pace of play than Ligue 1. His positive attributes give enough reason for optimism in my opinion - uses his body well to block, adept at headers, doesn't leave his man easily, unafraid to attack the ball, good with the ball at his feet.

Most of the negative attributes you've listed are related to unpolishedness and the accompanying lack of composure - for example his aggressive intent to get the ball translates to tunnel vision from time to time.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's still a new signing so A-M will give him a pass for the next year and a half.

Seriously tho as a young CB you cannot expect him to be Tony Adams every game, these types of games are expected it's all part of the development process.

Look at John Stones, people has written him off but now at 26 he's in the best form of his career and looking rock solid. Gabriel is several years younger so expect plenty of these performances.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The first 90 seconds set the tone. Another meh moment within fifteen minutes and then the OG. He's missed six games and it showed but looked back on an even keel by the 70th minute. Still happy and hopeful with him

John oxford

He is not and never will be the half of the player that Saliba currently is. But he treated as our saviour and Saliba shifted out. Since Edu & Arteta & Kia Ltd leads this club unbelievable things happened, but most of the fans still on board with this Gang. Unreal times. Its like Covid burned all their brains.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Our player of the month 3 times already this season after coming from another league and his first game back after an illness that has spurred a world wide pandemic. Some of you should be ashamed.
He looked a bit hit and miss even before going off on illness.

Iceman10

Established Member
He is not and never will be the half of the player that Saliba currently is. But he treated as our saviour and Saliba shifted out. Since Edu & Arteta & Kia Ltd leads this club unbelievable things happened, but most of the fans still on board with this Gang. Unreal times. Its like Covid burned all their brains.

No idea on what basis you can draw such a direct comparison with Saliba (and your choice of words: “that Saliba currently is”).

I know we’ve had a pretty poor season across the board but this is a multiple winner of player of the month for us. Some fans seemingly ready to jump on this player’s back, returning after an absence (rusty), is part of a pattern of what really concerns me at times of a contingent of our fan base being more part of the overall problem than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom