• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
No easy games anymore as this season is showing.

Worst season to sack a manager with the way things are especially after 1 year in charge.

Cool heads are needed.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Arteta miraculously does get us Champions League this season, I will feel so proud that I never lost faith in him.

Granted, throwing most of the players under the bus to protect Mikel won't be the best look for me...but hey, I backed the manager at least :lol:

Baguette

Le Manberg Français
Me and my fellow manbergs have been backing Arteta’s corner since day 0. I’m so proud. Keep fighting the good fight. Peace and love to you all!

Iceman10

Established Member
I’m just a bit on the conservative side in terms of general resistance against chopping and changing managers if the risk is the next manager will be hated by the same faction of fans baying for blood in the present within 12-18 months. I also take into account severance costs as those hit our transfer budgets.

That said, I knew when Arsène Wenger’s and Unai Emery’s time was up, and thought Arteta’s future was in the balance after the loss against Burnley, but my view remains to assess Arteta at the end of the season, and if he hasn’t qualified for EL he has underachieved.

I do see progression after getting defensive fundamentals right with 4231 and I like the fact that for once in a long time we have decent interchangeability among CB’s without much loss in performance. We have to get the CM part of the spine competitive with the best in the league by this summer and we need to get the creative unit being consistently sharp and polish up our set pieces also, esp. corners.

Back in December I was concerned if Arteta was hurting our Hale End pipeline potential. That has reduced somewhat, but there are critical decisions right now as to whether to loan out 2-3 players (Reiss? Willock? Eddie?).

I do remain concerned about Arteta’s man management, but tine will tell if he has been right to significantly dent valuations of certain assets (players) at the club so much for the sake of overall training and dressing room culture.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
I’m just a bit on the conservative side in terms of general resistance against chopping and changing managers if the risk is the next manager will be hated by the same faction of fans baying for blood in the present within 12-18 months. I also take into account severance costs as those hit our transfer budgets.

That said, I knew when Arsène Wenger’s and Unai Emery’s time was up, and thought Arteta’s future was in the balance after the loss against Burnley, but my view remains to assess Arteta at the end of the season, and if he hasn’t qualified for EL he has underachieved.

I do see progression after getting defensive fundamentals right with 4231 and I like the fact that for once in a long time we have decent interchangeability among CB’s without much loss in performance. We have to get the CM part of the spine competitive with the best in the league by this summer and we need to get the creative unit being consistently sharp and polish up our set pieces also, esp. corners.

Back in December I was concerned if Arteta was hurting our Hale End pipeline potential. That has reduced somewhat, but there are critical decisions right now as to whether to loan out 2-3 players (Reiss? Willock? Eddie?).

I do remain concerned about Arteta’s man management, but tine will tell if he has been right to significantly dent valuations of certain assets (players) at the club so much for the sake of overall training and dressing room culture.
Where does this man management nonsense theory even come from??

Iceman10

Established Member
Where does this man management nonsense theory even come from??

It is mainly unknowns that we will learn about over time. With Guendouzi, AMN. I’m not so much bothered about Özil because I even backed Emery when he did what he did. There are also some questions about even-handedness, like the Pepe red vs. the Xhaka red, and stuff like that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Me and my fellow manbergs have been backing Arteta’s corner since day 0.

Other people who support Arteta reading this and thinking...

Are-We-The-Baddies-1024x608.png

Last edited:

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
BTW: The recent run of form has brought Artetas win ratio back up to more than 58% / 1.9 Points per Game.

60 Matches 35 Wins 9 Draws 16 Losses

Comparatively Unai Emery had a win ratio of more than 53% / 1.84 Points per Game.
It is mainly unknowns that we will learn about over time. With Guendouzi, AMN. I’m not so much bothered about Özil because I even backed Emery when he did what he did. There are also some questions about even-handedness, like the Pepe red vs. the Xhaka red, and stuff like that.

How are you concerned about Guendouzi? He's now been through 3+ teams and started **** in all of them. And he's really not good enough nor Arsenal in a position for him to get Diva treatement.

say yes

forum master baiter
Over half way through the season and we've the second best defence in the league. Scored 14 goals in our last 6 league games. Mikel, well done. He knows what he is doing.
Makes me sad how quick people on here have been to turn on him when there are evident signs of progress. He’s a very promising young manager.

Think it’s just the way football has become in the social media age. No patience and everyone in a rush to see who can have the definitive judgement first.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Makes me sad how quick people on here have been to turn on him when there are evident signs of progress. He’s a very promising young manager.

Think it’s just the way football has become in the social media age. No patience and everyone in a rush to see who can have the definitive judgement first.
He's still not for me I'm gonna be honest. Didn't want him in the first place, won me over with the cup run but a lot of things he's said and done since summer I can't really see myself getting on side anytime soon.

He's done enough to stay on I guess, but whenever his time ends I will shed no tears, he's just really not my cup of tea.

He pretty much has free reign to lose any match Saka and ESR aren't able to start and his decision making is hardly ever questioned outside the fanbase.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

In addition, I think that nowadays, if you aren't so massively superior in individual quality as e.g. City is, the gaps have tightened so so much.

Every team has some really good players that can win it on their day, every team has high-end statistics, analysis, scouts and similarly good tactics on the field.

In terms of physical fitness, which was the most decisive factor in in the past, there are probably almost no differences anymore, if you have set up your quad correctly.

Then there's the defensive blocks of smaller teams.. it's just a very different world.

I absolutely love our teams from the early wenger days, but dont be fooled that they would not have very ugly days with that kind of professionalism for all teams in the league.

If your opponent is up for a very dirty game and everyone in their team is ready for a fight, you can be certain it won't be a pretty win.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He's still not for me I'm gonna be honest. Didn't want him in the first place, won me over with the cup run but a lot of things he's said and done since summer I can't really see myself getting on side anytime soon.

He's done enough to stay on I guess, but whenever his time ends I will shed no tears, he's just really not my cup of tea.

He pretty much has free reign to lose any match Saka and ESR aren't able to start and his decision making is hardly ever questioned outside the fanbase.

Because the players are pretty crap after Saka and ESR.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Because the players are pretty crap after Saka and ESR.
Wenger, Emery and majority of the league have crap players too. Too many readily made excuses and so much protection for this guy, it's kinda fraudulent.

You get some that question the manager, but all season long the players have been taking a beating whenever something goes wrong.

Baguette

Le Manberg Français
Wenger, Emery and majority of the league have crap players too. Too many readily made excuses and so much protection for this guy, it's kinda fraudulent.

You get some that question the manager, but all season long the players have been taking a beating whenever something goes wrong.

Look how Utd have won so many points. Many agree that Ole’s not a great tactical coach but a good man manager. They’ve often played poorly but individual brilliance throughout their team has won them points. Pogba, Rashford, Martial etc. We haven’t been getting points like that because clearly we don’t have that level of individual quality. Tactically, Arteta’s excellent but he doesn’t yet have the individual quality to suit his system. It’s going to take much longer than one year to get it right.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

There's a difference between crap players, players who fight for the badge and work hard during tough times and then just players who are pure class and drag you through. I'm talking purely from an attacking standpoint.

In his "darker" days Wenger had Özil, Alexis, Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere... and earlier RVP, Nasri, Fabregas. No crap players there. Özil, Ramsey and an on fire Aubameyang were performing for Emery, not crap at the time.

Majority of the league don't have crap attackers come on mate. The only team above us that are completely overachieving with their attacking players are West Ham.

You've quite clearly seen the difference when we start Saka and ESR to when we start Willian. And to be honest I think its just having a quality number 10 that's making the real difference, which is what I've been saying for months.

We just needed confidence and a proper number 10, and its showing. We don't really have any superstar players who can do something from nothing, Saka is the closest thing we have and is taking on that role.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom