• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Good moves if they can get it. Joe would do well to learn the discipline of a Big Sam team. Amn as well at Southampton.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Good moves if they can get it. Joe would do well to learn the discipline of a Big Sam team.
That's from October. We don't if/where he's going now, just that he's available.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think it’s likely Nelson and Willock end up in The Championship if they go anywhere. Best case is they go to teams who’ll get promoted and have £100m extra cash in the summer.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I dont think Chambers is in the same boat, especially if Mustafi goes.

He has one year left on his contract and it doesn’t seem like we’ve tried renewing as of now. Saliba is coming back as well. I’m not sure you have Holding, Saliba, Mari and Gabriel and keep Chambers as the 5th CB.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
He has one year left on his contract and it doesn’t seem like we’ve tried renewing as of now. Saliba is coming back as well. I’m not sure you have Holding, Saliba, Mari and Gabriel and keep Chambers as the 5th CB.
I would if its me since he also has versatility and is HG. Plus Arteta has had good things to say about him in recent press conferences.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We definitely should sell Chambers. Not getting a look in and you'd get a not insignificant fee

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
We definitely should sell Chambers. Not getting a look in and you'd get a not insignificant fee
He should have been gone 3 years ago to be honest. It's crazy this is his 6th season here, he's contributed nothing.
Chambers isnt going anywhere and will see the pitch soon: https://arseblog.news/2021/01/arteta-rules-out-chambers-loan-move/

Another reason to hate Arteta.

Anyways, back to Joe.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Chambers isnt going anywhere and will see the pitch soon: https://arseblog.news/2021/01/arteta-rules-out-chambers-loan-move/

Another reason to hate Arteta.

I actually don't hate Arteta at all, I largely have backed him this season. You don't have to make everything into an Arteta in/out debate.

Chambers has no business being at this club on principle though, he's been here for 6 years and has contributed nothing, and his career has stalled. He needs a move for his own sake as much as anything.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Except that Reiss is actually incredibly talented and could still explode whilst Willock and Chambers have never been particularly good to begin wish, especially Willock.

Is he? I've yet to see it to be honest. In any case he's already behind Saka/Martinelli/Auba/Pepe in the wide positions who will all likely be here next season. I don't see a route for him into the first team on that basis.

He needs to play football on a regular basis for his own development.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Onto Willock, in order for him to develop if he wants to be a regular player here which I wouldn't mind at all I really think he has to go on loan by the end of the window. With Ødegaard here now that will make things even harder for him to get enough minutes especially since we are out of the FA cup now.

say yes

forum master baiter
Chambers has no business being at this club on principle though, he's been here for 6 years and has contributed nothing, and his career has stalled. He needs a move for his own sake as much as anything.
Harsh.

He was our best CB in Wenger’s last season here. Went on loan in Emery’s first season and was voted Fulham’s player of the year. Came back and was again our best CB (and was starting under Arteta) before he tore his acl.

Awful luck with the injury because he was really starting to nail down his spot.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Harsh.

He was our best CB in Wenger’s last season here. Went on loan in Emery’s first season and was voted Fulham’s player of the year. Came back and was again our best CB (and was starting under Arteta) before he tore his acl.

Awful luck with the injury because he was really starting to nail down his spot.

A few spells of decent form in 6 years doesn't cut it for me. And I think for every good spell he's had, he's had one where he's shown he isn't good enough to be a regular at Arsenal. I don't envisage a top 4 PL team with Callum Chambers as a regular starter.

Sell, reinvest the money. Its the best outcome for all parties in my opinion.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
A loan for Willock is overdue. With Partey, Xhaka, Ceballos, Elneny and Ødegaard we have enough midfielders now that we are only in two competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom