• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I didn’t even say that, just saying you better get used to it.
Finding an undervalued striker and developing him is Arsenals only real hope and the club isn’t good at that anymore.

Unless you can think of a Partey equivalent who’s gonna come here? 27 year old striker playing CL in a better team? I can’t see it.

Why not? Partey shows if we pay enough we can get the player, don’t underestimate Arsenal so much we can do better than what we have now.

We signed Aubameyang did we not? What about Alexis? Your boy Pepe? Mesut Özil? We can still attract players with high profiles.

BigPoppaPump

I don't think laca is 6/10 I think he is better, the main reason for the clubs downfall for me is the useless midfield players we have accumulated. [Xhaka Elneny Torreira and Guendouzi(who might improve) ]

Even with Giroud we were qualifying for top 4 but the likes of Xhaka who we bought for massive money combined with Santi (injury) and we being scarred by Özil situation and withdrawing the offer for Ramsey was just too much change too fast. Under emery we missed top 4 by just 1 point. Pepe plays on the wing for me where we have had playmakers traditionally thus putting more of the creative load on our crap midfield.

Still feel if we can somehow address our midfield and keep the same or same quality strikeforce we will reach top 4 easily.

I agree our midfielders have been our main problem over the years. I still think Giroud was better than Lacazette and we downgraded.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Why not? Partey shows if we pay enough we can get the player, don’t underestimate Arsenal so much we can do better than what we have now.

We signed Aubameyang did we not? What about Alexis? Your boy Pepe? Mesut Özil? We can still attract players with high profiles.
You can trick an underpaid midfielder but not a star striker in their late twenties playing CL.

Aubameyang came when Wenger and Özil was here.
Özil came for Wenger he’s even said it.
Arsenal were a CL club when Sanchez came.
Pepe was on the way up before this club killed his career.

A lot of the draws Arsenal had are now gone or diminished, we can only get Pepe’s now and gamble on them becoming a star. He f*cked up though, he should have went Napoli but hopefully other up and coming stars learn from him.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Deschamps's obsessive weird man crush for Giroud will probably continue.

It's not an "obsessive weird man crush", it's a very understandable tactical choice that has yielded results. They play a counter-attacking defensive style, and a target man like Giroud makes sense in that approach. They rely on Mbappé and Griezmann to do the scoring.

I get people think France can play a more entertaining brand of football, and they can, but they go for the pragmatic choice - and being defensive is the pragmatic choice because of their squad makeup.

BigPoppaPump

You can trick an underpaid midfielder but not a star striker in their late twenties playing CL.

Aubameyang came when Wenger and Özil was here.
Özil came for Wenger he’s even said it.
Arsenal were a CL club when Sanchez came.
Pepe was on the way up before this club killed his career.

A lot of the draws Arsenal had are now gone or diminished, we can only get Pepe’s now and gamble on them becoming a star. He f*cked up though, he should have went Napoli but hopefully other up and coming stars learn from him.

You actually like Pepe more than Arsenal init :lol:

We spend enough on wages and transfers to get top players, we just need a manager that will improve players. We just need to sign less bums like Torreira. But again there’s no guarantees on anything especially under Covid.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

We spend enough on wages and transfers to get top players, we just need a manager that will improve players. We just need to sign less bums like Torreira. But again there’s no guarantees on anything especially under Covid.
I don’t like seeing young players I like come here to be told bullocks about “specificity” and getting buried by a fanbase with potato knowledge about football.

I think only solid pros, players with premiership experience should only come here. Even then, you get Willian, so I don’t even know what the club should do.

But no, I don’t like the club very much but it’s bigger than Pepe who will be gone this summer (fingers crossed).

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This isn’t good though. If we can only bring in worse than laca we’re truly destined for europa for another 5 years
Yeah there aren’t that many great strikers about and we’re way down in the pecking order for the ones who are. :(

I’d happily chip in and pay like half of the transfer fee but Stan isn’t replying to my emails.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I actually said depay but amended it. I like Depay but he has choices with his contract winding down.

If he did come, he would be on astronomical wages and pocket watchers like @Oxeki and the other Jury followers will be on his case.

I’d take him though but I’m not sure the fanbase are ready for another player who’s “only done it in the French league”.

Don't do me like this man.
I'm one of the biggest Laca defender on here.

It's quite strange that you always call me out as a Laca hater when guys like BPP, Gdeep and hydro have been bashing him for ages.
It feels like all my work is in vain :lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

There are definitely a few strikers out there, at least with the potential to be better than what Laca offers.
And how much will those strikers cost? That’s the issue really.

Unless you’re paying huge money it’s hit and miss. We see it time and time again, ST comes here and most of their time their goal output drops by like half.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

You lot have broken Macho. I hate seeing him like this.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Don't do me like this man.
I'm one of the biggest Laca defender on here.

It's quite strange that you always call me out as a Laca hater when guys like BPP, Gdeep and hydro have been bashing him for ages.
It feels like all my work is in vain :lol:
You’ll convert if he gets a contract extension with higher wages.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

And how much will those strikers cost? That’s the issue really.

Unless you’re paying huge money it’s hit and miss. We see it time and time again, ST comes here and most of their time their goal output drops by like half.
Exactly. If Wenger was still here, I'll be confident of an average striker coming here and performing. But at the moment chance creation in this team is at a premium. There's no striker you'd bring in that will elevate us. The only other option are the likes of Kane and Lewa which are practically unattainable.

Me personally, I want us to sell Laca this summer not because he's bad. On the contrary, he's a very good striker. The fear I have is that it's probably downhill for him from hereon in.

But as in our case, it's more likely we get another Perez than another RVP. Only hope is if one of the Hale end lad pulls a Saka and comes into the first team and make the CF position his own.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

You’ll convert if he gets a contract extension with higher wages.
No, I won't. If he performs, that is.

The biggest victims of my criticism is Willian because we all knew he came here for holiday.

Anyway, I know you're probably not in the right frame of mind at the moment. Your boy Pepe is being done dirty by Arteta.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Exactly. If Wenger was still here, I'll be confident of an average striker coming here and performing. But at the moment chance creation in this team is at a premium. There's no striker you'd bring in that will elevate us. The only other option are the likes of Kane and Lewa which are practically unattainable.

Me personally, I want us to sell Laca this summer not because he's bad. On the contrary, he's a very good striker. The fear I have is that it's probably downhill for him from hereon in.

But as in our case, it's more likely we get another Perez than another RVP. Only hope is if one of the Hale end lad pulls a Saka and comes into the first team and make the CF position his own.
Strikers like Suarez, Firmino, Benzema, Van Persie, Sanchez......They create chances for themselves and also for their teammates. They contribute a lot in the general play, so that their teams have more possession and more chances.

And I don’t mean we have to get players at that level. John Jules for example, is a lot closer to what I have mentioned above in terms of playing style than nketiah. He is not anywhere near that level but he is the right kind of player.

Strikers who wait for services to happen (poacher) are limited and shxt.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Strikers like Suarez, Firmino, Benzema, Van Persie, Sanchez......They create chances for themselves and also for their teammates. They contribute a lot in the general play, so that their teams have more possession and more chances.

And I don’t mean we have to get players at that level. John Jules for example, is a lot closer to what I have mentioned above in terms of playing style than nketiah. He is not anywhere near that level but he is the right kind of player.

Strikers who wait for services to happen (poacher) are limited and shxt.
Your thoughts on Ødegaard? You posted your opinion about him in his thread yet?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Your thoughts on Ødegaard? You posted your opinion about him in his thread yet?
Why would I post my thought of him here when we are discussing whether laca is a good striker?

But since you've asked. Here is my thought. I think he is a good player but let's watch a few matches before we start judging.

I hope he has learned his stuff in Madrid.
@Macho

Last edited:

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I actually said depay but amended it. I like Depay but he has choices with his contract winding down.

If he did come, he would be on astronomical wages and pocket watchers like @Oxeki and the other Jury followers will be on his case.

I’d take him though but I’m not sure the fanbase are ready for another player who’s “only done it in the French league”.
I really don't want us to be the ones giving Depay a (well-compensated) platform to re-prove he can't hack it in the PL. Too small, not pacy enough, flair doesn't work against the defensive quality.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I really don't want us to be the ones giving Depay a (well-compensated) platform to re-prove he can't hack it in the PL. Too small, not pacy enough, flair doesn't work against the defensive quality.

If your argument is true, then Crouch/Giroud would be world class and Bergkamp/Zola/Suarez/Torres/Firmino/Aguero are shxt.

Messi header vs Ferdinand.

Auba/Laca could practice for another 10 years and they would not be able to do what depay is capable of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom