• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
4gpi2vicmje61.jpg

FFS @American_Gooner

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
If he was playing for another club hed be the most fouled player in the league. Gets pulled dragged, kicked and the refs have no interest. So unlucky with that free kick, hes definitely feeling confident which is great because he seems a confidence player.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
If he was playing for another club hed be the most fouled player in the league. Gets pulled dragged, kicked and the refs have no interest. So unlucky with that free kick, hes definitely feeling confident which is great because he seems a confidence player.
I'm pretty sure he's one of our most fouled players in the last couple of years, if not our most fouled and almost every time they really kick the **** out of him.
The way he's putting his body on the line in every game it's quite a miracle that he hasn't gotten some serious injury with our track record in that department.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why the hell was he in hospital, cos the Maguire challenge?

Anyway gotta give credit cos he's stepped in the absence of Auba. Maybe I view everything through the lens of him not being good enough anymore, but he's been doing good things.

It's a dilemma cos obviously we need an upgrade at CF, his contract is running out anyway so we need to sell if we're gonna get anything for him, and if we're gonna be a top 4 team let alone a title challenging team we need something a bit more special at CF.

Problem is I keep looking round Europe for a replacement who could play the role Arteta wants and I just see very little, it's just a bunch of kids with question marks on them, or Haaland with a 150m price tag on him, nothing in the middle. The only one approaching real quality is Depay, who's gotta be an option, but he's not exactly a pure no. 9.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Anyway gotta give credit cos he's stepped in the absence of Auba. Maybe I view everything through the lens of him not being good enough anymore, but he's been doing good things.

It's a dilemma cos obviously we need an upgrade at CF, his contract is running out anyway so we need to sell if we're gonna get anything for him, and if we're gonna be a top 4 team let alone a title challenging team we need something a bit more special at CF.

Problem is I keep looking round Europe for a replacement who could play the role Arteta wants and I just see very little, it's just a bunch of kids with question marks on them, or Haaland with a 150m price tag on him, nothing in the middle. The only one approaching real quality is Depay, who's gotta be an option, but he's not exactly a pure no. 9.
Laca is slightly better than auba in the general play. But still nowhere near the level of firmino/Benzema/Van perise/suarez......in terms of passing play, dribbling skills.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Memphis flopped in PL after setting the Eredivisie alight and is now killing it in L1 where Lacazette was killing it for years. Think we’d get similar results from Memphis.

For me the issue with Laca wasnt necessarily down to him, but how poor our team has been creating chances over the years. Giroud was a massive asset with his heading and aerial holdup ability whereas we now miss the plan B - hoof crosses to our big target man to help us force a goal late in the game.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Memphis flopped in PL after setting the Eredivisie alight and is now killing it in L1 where Lacazette was killing it for years. Think we’d get similar results from Memphis.

For me the issue with Laca wasnt necessarily down to him, but how poor our team has been creating chances over the years. Giroud was a massive asset with his heading and aerial holdup ability whereas we now miss the plan B - hoof crosses to our big target man to help us force a goal late in the game.
Have you watch him play and compare it to lacazette? Laca is making things way too easy for the defenders.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd definitely take Memphis as a 9. He's ridiculously good. I don't think people should put too much stock into what happened at United, used purely as a winger and lets be honest Di Maria "failed" there too under LvG a guy who's been world class at both Real and PSG under several managers. Memphis has been brilliant at Lyon in recent times, can play as a 9 or wide, or even behind a striker but I think a 9 would be the best use of him especially with wingers who run in behind.

He seems to have his eyes set on a move to a much bigger club tho, whether he'll ever get his move to Barca or Real to me seems unlikely, tho I suppose Koeman being at Barca would help him perhaps.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Have you watch him play and compare it to lacazette? Laca is making things way too easy for the defenders.
Watched him play since PSV years. And in our national team. Very much a moments player imo. Not sure about his mentality as well.

Would not be against it, but dont think hes the answer.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Watched him play since PSV years. And in our national team. Very much a moments player imo. Not sure about his mentality as well.

Would not be against it, but dont think hes the answer.
He is clearly a lot better than auba/laca in dribbling/breaking opponent defence, he is better in passing/combining with his teammates, he is so much better in the general play, not just waiting for services being invisible for 90 minutes. Laca does involve in a bit of general play but he just does the basics.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
For me the issue with Laca wasnt necessarily down to him, but how poor our team has been creating chances over the years.
This is the no.1 problem and I've been going about this for years.
Same thing happened with Depay when he was here. Totally mishandled by Van Gaal.

Pyres7

It really pisses me off how Kane gets a free kick almost every time he goes over, even if there's minimal contact. Laca gets man handled with both the defenders arms around him, and refs give nothing.

say yes

forum master baiter
People criticise Laca for not having enough end-product and then want Depay to replace him? :lol:

I love this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom