• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wolves vs Arsenal | Tuesday 2nd February | KO: 18:00 UTC | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I feel like the whole purpose of red cards has been lost. Like you should send a player off the pitch for doing something dangerous, why send someone off for a defensive mistake when the team gets punished anyway? How can Bruno rake his studs down Xhaka's leg and stay on the pitch but Luiz accidentally clips a guy's foot and he gets sent off.

Luiz has a choice there, stay clear or try a slight intervene for the opposition player to mess up the chance. He doesn't stay clear so it is definitely a foul IMO. The red card is overly harsh though for this. I mean double punishment I thought was part of the past.

Sad things but this is what you get with Luiz.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
No. He tripped on the floor. Look!

Am I seeing things?
You're not. People are so ****ing thick they prefer to further their anti-Luiz (or whoever) agenda even if it costs Arsenal and even if they happen to be wrong.

Not a pen. Not a red card. Don't agree with this? Get your eyesight checked, get your brain checked or take up needlework.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
OK so accidental contact when hes clean through is a red but if he had wiped him out but he made it look like enough of a tackle its a yellow

Well thats all perfectly clear.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

He’s attempting to run back to play the ball. If he causes an opponent to trip over it’s a foul. I don’t know if it should be a yellow or a red but it’s clearly a penalty.

The guys they him leg into Luiz and collapsed like pack of cards. Laughable rule.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's a red after a VAR check, yet that ugly **** Bruno Fernandes stands on our players achilles and they just brush it off.

Nahhh If we ever get good again I'm going to be such an unbearable **** to these lot. Raging ffs.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If you make a genuine attempt to play the ball it's not a red. In this case Luiz didn't attempt to play the ball. It's a red.

If it is accidental, it is not a red. This was clearly accidental. Red was the wrong call.

"Plenty suggested that the 'double jeopardy' rule should have been in effect, resulting in a penalty but not a red card for Arsenal's experienced defender.

However, that is not the case as it only applies to accidental challenges, which the rules state result in a yellow card, while it was obvious that Luiz knew exactly what he was doing."

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/chelsea-arsenal-david-luiz-penalty-17608862

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The explanation that **** on BT gave as to why that was a penalty let alone a red card) is literally the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. Has some Black Country ****** changed the rules o the ****ing game without my noticing? **** the **** off.

Luiz is still a **** though.

They say there was contact. There wasn't.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Surely you don’t play David Luiz anymore in the league? What does it say about you as a manager if you send him out again and he takes a stupid red again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom