• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What's really infuriating is that a lot of the forum believe we're making progress!

I suppose it's true in a sense, going from relegation battlers to mid-table mainstays certainly qualifies :lol:

The expectations are on the floor and it seems to have happened overnight. Top 4 used to be the minimum requirement, even Emery was heavily criticised for not getting us back there. Now all of a sudden getting into mid-table is seen as some sort of progress? In the next few years there'll be new young gooners who won't believe me when I tell them not so long ago 2nd was seen as a massive failure.

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Well that makes absolutely zero sense since we were screwed by officials when it was 0-0.

Ridiculous post

No, it's not. You're just rather too shallow minded to think beyond the actual incident to the failures that lead to the actions that made the incident.

Expand you thought process.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
3rd time Luiz has been sent off for last man challenge under a year.
Acquiring Luiz with a track record of blunders, giving him an extension, and then giving a 3 year contract to 32 year old Willian is going to haunt Mikel.

You wonder what happened here.
Saliba - "To think that I would arrive, where people were expecting a lot from me, the fans excited about me and you find yourself in the reserves, play zero - nothing in the Europa League or the [Premier] League. I was only in the squad once in the League Cup. It hurt me, it affected me."

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Acquiring Luiz with a track record of blunders, giving him an extension, and then giving a 3 year contract to 32 year old Willian is going to haunt Mikel.

You wonder what happened here.
Saliba - "To think that I would arrive, where people were expecting a lot from me, the fans excited about me and you find yourself in the reserves, play zero - nothing in the Europa League or the [Premier] League. I was only in the squad once in the League Cup. It hurt me, it affected me."

It really was this that made me go off Arteta completely. Well that and the more often than not, awful football.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We don’t inspire confidence, especially after tonight. But I do think that there is enough inconsistency above us to keep us in the hunt and we need as many options open to us.

By all means focus on the EL especially if it becomes a single game knockout. That makes it out best bet for sure.
The teams immediately above us have three games in hand. Unless they really **** up, gonna be a while to catch them.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The expectations are on the floor and it seems to have happened overnight. Top 4 used to be the minimum requirement, even Emery was heavily criticised for not getting us back there. Now all of a sudden getting into mid-table is seen as some sort of progress? In the next few years there'll be new young gooners who won't believe me when I tell them not so long ago 2nd was seen as a massive failure.

That's what really pisses me off and scares me. All the fans accepting from Arteta what they would have spit on from Emery, and crucified Wenger for.

What the hell happened? Is the Koolaid really that easy to swallow.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That's what really pisses me off and scares me. All the fans accepting from Arteta what they would have spit on from Emery, and crucified Wenger for.

This is what I've been telling you for years though. I know you and others don't believe it. Historically the odds of a team spending 5th winning the league are long. You only need a manager making mistakes and you can end up a few places below, instead of above 5th like Arsène did. It's not rocket science.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
This is what I've been telling you for years though. I know you and others don't believe it. Historically the odds of a team spending 5th winning the league are long. You only need a manager making mistakes and you can end up a few places below, instead of above 5th like Arsène did. It's not rocket science.

STOP IT! I only read to the word spend.

You need to find another angle. You're boring me rigid.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

No fans in the stadium has saved Arteta from heavier criticism as well I think. Especially a month or so ago when we had that run of losses at home, the atmosphere in the stadium would have been toxic at that point.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
No fans in the stadium has saved Arteta from heavier criticism as well I think. Especially a month or so ago when we had that run of losses at home, the atmosphere in the stadium would have been toxic at that point.

Perhaps that is a factor. But read the rhetoric online, it's bafflingly stark in its contrast to Emery and Wenger. I mean, the defence of Arteta is staunch and I can't understand why.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Are the haters happy with the way we played in the first half until the sending off?

If that's our aim under Arteta in the future well that's something I'm willing to give patience too.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom