• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Can Buendia play in midfield or even deeper in midfield?

Last edited:

al-Ustaadh

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are The Athletic really running out of content already? This has to be a mocumentary... surely?
Difficult with lockdowns and nobody being able to go anywhere, at some point football was going to slow down even if games are still occurring (fans can't do jackshit). There's an audience for this kind of material though given the internet and social media age (I bet that article gets a lot of clicks given the number of Arsenal fans on social media).

al-Ustaadh

Can Buendia play in midfield or even deeper in midfield?
No takers on this? He seems to be more in the attacking mold but I could've sworn I saw some around here saying he was a Santi-type that could play more centrally and maybe even deeper.

Bloodbather

Established Member

No takers on this? He seems to be more in the attacking mold but I could've sworn I saw some around here saying he was a Santi-type that could play more centrally and maybe even deeper.

He contributes defensively and is good on the tackle, so there's a chance he might. Santi was similar in that regard - they are similar players in general. I don't think he's ever been used there, though.

Would probably require a proper holding midfielder next to him though, like what Coquelin was to Santi.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I just figured out who Eduardo reminds me of...the guy from Nightcrawler. Nothing on the CV, pure hustler, getting to the top by any means necessary, creepy as f*ck. He is Nightcrawler.

Oh my days that’s actually spot on :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd put creative midfielder and a number 9 as equal importance, tho tbh I'm not entirely 100% convinced on Holding as a starting CB purely because of his limitations when it comes to playing out from the back.

Also how isn't RB an option on the poll, Bellerin limits us offensively on the right and is a massively liability defensively especially in one on one situation but he's positionally naive too. It's probably our most obvious issue with Lacazette in decent form and now with options in attacking midfield, Bellerin sticks out like a sore thumb. Cedric is already but definitely not a starting for a club with CL aspirations.

Thinking about it tho, assuming we don't make Ødegaard permanent we'll actually have quite a bit to do once again in the summer. We're pretty short in midfield, again assuming Guendouzi and Torreira aren't seen as options, even if they are neither are good enough or at least haven't shown enough to be considered serious options that could start for a CL club. So we probably need a couple of midfielders, unless we persist with Elneny or sign Ceballos permanently heaven forbid. A creative midfielder again assuming we don't sign Ødegaard but who knows. Ideally a CF to replace Lacazette but even if that doesn't happen we'll probably need better backup than Eddie anyways so we'll need to sign one in any case. We need an upgrade at RB, a backup LB to Tierney too. My guess is that we'll probably do something extremely lazy and extend Luiz but you could argue that an RCB ready with the quality to partner Gabriel is needed too. Of course we'll probably do about half of what is needed as usual and the Kroenke shill Mods on here will be raving about it being a brilliant window and hand out trusted status to anyone who agrees only to be proven wrong again.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'd put creative midfielder and a number 9 as equal importance, tho tbh I'm not entirely 100% convinced on Holding as a starting CB purely because of his limitations when it comes to playing out from the back.

Also how isn't RB an option on the poll, Bellerin limits us offensively on the right and is a massively liability defensively especially in one on one situation but he's positionally naive too. It's probably our most obvious issue with Lacazette in decent form and now with options in attacking midfield, Bellerin sticks out like a sore thumb. Cedric is already but definitely not a starting for a club with CL aspirations.

Thinking about it tho, assuming we don't make Ødegaard permanent we'll actually have quite a bit to do once again in the summer. We're pretty short in midfield, again assuming Guendouzi and Torreira aren't seen as options, even if they are neither are good enough or at least haven't shown enough to be considered serious options that could start for a CL club. So we probably need a couple of midfielders, unless we persist with Elneny or sign Ceballos permanently heaven forbid. A creative midfielder again assuming we don't sign Ødegaard but who knows. Ideally a CF to replace Lacazette but even if that doesn't happen we'll probably need better backup than Eddie anyways so we'll need to sign one in any case. We need an upgrade at RB, a backup LB to Tierney too. My guess is that we'll probably do something extremely lazy and extend Luiz but you could argue that an RCB ready with the quality to partner Gabriel is needed too. Of course we'll probably do about half of what is needed as usual and the Kroenke shill Mods on here will be raving about it being a brilliant window and hand out trusted status to anyone who agrees only to be proven wrong again.

I think priority right now depends on who we sell, obviously number 1 is a creative midfielder and now because of Holding's consistency I'd say RB is the weakest line of defence.

For me I wouldn't change the attack at all unless we can get CL bracket striker which I doubt we can so that stays and we should put the funds to midfield and RB.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think priority right now depends on who we sell, obviously number 1 is a creative midfielder and now because of Holding's consistency I'd say RB is the weakest line of defence.

For me I wouldn't change the attack at all unless we can get CL bracket striker which I doubt we can so that stays and we should put the funds to midfield and RB.

Yeah I suppose you're right. Assuming we make Ødegaard permanent tho, otherwise we definitely need to be in the market for a creative midfielder along with a more deeper one.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
A ruthless club would find a way to get rid of Auba, Laca and Willian this summer. A serious club would get rid of two of them, an unserious club would get rid of one. Wouldn't be surprised if all three are still here next season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Its comfortably clear what we need in the market, its also made even clearer by viewing other teams. Most teams in the top half either have world class match winners or well drilled reliable players who seldom make a mistake, they also have quality on the ball along with physical traits and athleticism.

What are Arsenal missing? Reliable players across the pitch, athleticism AND match winners. Its not a nice blend.

• I dont think the club should just be getting a CAM. We need a Grealish. If Ødegaard can prove himself then fair, go for it, but he has to be able to get to that real elite level. We need an absolute game changer in that area. And that doesn't mean a Buendia either.
  • We need a backup for Tierney. Weve seen how detrimental it is having him out injured and if that's going to happen regularly I'd say this is just as important as any other signing we make.
  • We need a right back, ideally Cedric would be our starting right back but we are stuck with Bellerin. He simply isn't good enough, technically he is awful and I never feel confident with him one on one. If he was better going forward you wouldn't worry so much about the lack of defensive ability. I'd be looking at Hakimi if he's available.
  • I do quite like the Xhaka - Partey partnership. But when Partey is ever out theres such a void. Bissouma would be a fantastic signing here and then we need to either re integrate Douzi or bring Azeez in.
  • We then have a problem at CB. Holding is simply not good enough for the highest level. Excellent as a backup, but overall he cannot be trusted every single game. Hes improved remarkably though. If Saliba can come back and perform like Fofana then we haven't got an issue.
  • Finally we have a problem up front. Auba can't play the way we want, Laca does it perfectly but even he isnt good enough long term.

So for me we need to make 6 signings. 7 if Guendouzi leaves as well. However we also have to be realistic.

This summer will be the one for the backup left back, attacking game changer, whether thats Ødegaard or someone else, a CM as so many will be leaving and hopefully a right back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom