• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | Saturday 6th February | KO: 12:30 UTC | BT Sport

What will the result be and who should be benched for Villa?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I can’t comprehend how many damn times our execution of a pass, cross or key dribble was done badly. This is partly down to Villa admittedly defending in absolute top class fashion (especially Cash and Targett who were superb and blocked everything). But it’s also down to our players underperforming. Partey was poor, Saka was poor, Pepe was meh, ESR was below standard

Agree, main problem was so much poor quality today in the kill zone where it counts most. Partey,Saka,ESR were ok not poor I’d say. I’m still crying over that Pepe touch when he was through one on one in the box near the end, it’s too soon and too raw to speak about him. He does stuff like that all the time and I really thought he had turned some kind of corner.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
The season is over anyway should at least try get 5 points from next 3 games we need stop losing games
Even before our Chelsea victory I've felt we've been out of the running for top 5, not to mention I always felt like this squad would have another dip anyways. All eggs are in the Europa League basket. I do think we can win it if we cut out our self-harm. The teams that remain in the EL we can beat.

al-Ustaadh

Agree, main problem was so much poor quality today in the kill zone where it counts most. Partey,Saka,ESR were ok not poor I’d say. I’m still crying over that Pepe touch when he was through one on one in the box near the end, it’s too soon and too raw to speak about him. He does stuff like that all the time and I really thought he had turned some kind of corner.
The pendulum swung for me from being "maybe Pepe isn't as bad as I thought" to "FFS, Pepe, that's exactly what one of your major issues is, just the ****ing basics sometimes and always in moments of absolute necessity".

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Even before our Chelsea victory I've felt we've been out of the running for top 5, not to mention I always felt like this squad would have another dip anyways. All eggs are in the Europa League basket. I do think we can win it if we cut out our self-harm. The teams that remain in the EL we can beat.
You think we'd knock Rodgers or Mourinho out of the EL?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not that we should sack off the league entirely, but we have the Benfica game in 12 days time. They should be doing everything to make sure our best team is available for that.

al-Ustaadh

You think we'd knock Rodgers or Mourinho out of the EL?
Yeah, I do actually. Mourinho is already losing the plot, while Leicester's win over us was a fluke in a lot of ways (not to mention we scored a legal goal in that game that was brought back). We've got to finish our chances though. Our defending right now keeps us in matches, and that's important for European tournaments, we just need to really iron out our attack and find some consistency there.

al-Ustaadh

Not that we should sack off the league entirely, but we have the Benfica game in 12 days time. They should be doing everything to make sure our best team is available for that.
I've already said this, and I'll say it again but with the caveat that I hope I'm not made to look a fool, but I don't really think Benfica will trouble us. On paper they look like it but they're actually a bit of a shambles.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I've already said this, and I'll say it again but with the caveat that I hope I'm not made to look a fool, but I don't really think Benfica will trouble us. On paper they look like it but they're actually a bit of a shambles.

But also you can't trust us we said the same against Olympiakos before we completely f**k it up

novar

Checking other places fans are indeed eating up Arteta's words.

If the fanbase is cool with how we play then great, valid opinion to have I guess. Not seeing it but hey most people seem happy or at least content with it.

Time to give up I guess

al-Ustaadh

But also you can't trust us we said the same against Olympiakos before we completely f**k it up
Apples and oranges comparison. We're a different team now defensively. It's about not being stupid, e.g. Cedric today, and ironing out our attack.

samson

Partey's passing was terrible today. I know Villa defended well but we really didn't make any clear cut chances. I think Ødegaard's shot at the end was one of our only clear opportunities to score.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
That pull on Laca has me convinced more then ever the officials have it in for us.

Was wenger wrong to call them out that time about the world Cup?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
When I say poor I mean for their standards tbh. ESR, Saka and Partey have been 3 of our 5 best players recently. And they all had below standard performances. Maybe I’m being harsh on ESR though.

Partey didn’t really add much, Xhaka had a better game. I think his lack of game time since joining here means he hasn’t fully acclimatised to the league. He’s started less than 10 games for us I think. And now he’s off injured again, it’s been such a frustrating scenario.

Yeah that was frustrating by Pepe, but I think at times during the game he looked like the player most likely to produce something when he was in the box.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Everyone needs to chill, we’ve been playing great football recently coupled with decent results which was a good indicator to me that we’ve turned a corner.
Our form was derailed intentionally by refereeing and it took its toll today.

Villa are no mugs, put in an excellent performance and got a result, these things happen.

Hopefully Partey’s injury isn’t bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom