• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | Saturday 6th February | KO: 12:30 UTC | BT Sport

What will the result be and who should be benched for Villa?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just saw last season we ended up with 14 wins we may surpass that with 15 games to go but we'll also likely surpass the 10 games lost whole last season.

Legend14

Established Member
Everyone needs to chill, we’ve been playing great football recently coupled with decent results which was a good indicator to me that we’ve turned a corner.
Our form was derailed intentionally by refereeing and it took its toll today.

Villa are no mugs, put in an excellent performance and got a result, these things happen.

Hopefully Partey’s injury isn’t bad.
We have been playing well for a while. Today’s game was not bad at all, we just didn’t score. Much of that you can attribute to Villa playing very well defensively all over the pitch. The rest you can attribute to us not having great finishers.

If we scored goals, most would be praising the effort, energy, and organization. We need a dominant goal scorer; its been the problem all season long. We have more than enough “ creativity”.

Laca wasn’t as involved today. Auba did nothing at all (I’d like to know his touch count). Holding did not play well and we still only gave up a single goal. Moving Saka to LB was not needed.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The problem if you don't score enough goals you won't achieve much 27 goals this season is poverty and tells you how standard levels are dropped our top scorer gone to awful form and seem can't get over it we got player who give no s**t pepe laca aren't top level goal scorers it's very average all around

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
The problem if you don't score enough goals you won't achieve much 27 goals this season is poverty and tells you how standard levels are dropped our top scorer gone to awful form and seem can't get over it we got player who give no s**t pepe laca aren't top level goal scorers it's very average all around
@Sweet'n'Soulful

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
27 goals overall is poverty, but if you take a more recent sample of 8 league games, we have 15 goals. Scoring goals many have been a problem but teams evolve over the course of a season and it looks much less of a problem now. You can see there are goals in this side now, whereas early in the season I didn't know how we were going to make chances.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pepe’s improved but his decision making and first touch are problematic. Doesn’t get his head up nearly enough and tries to do too much by himself.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Individual errors are costing us a lot of points this season again. If Cedric wouldn’t have had the brain fart at the beginning I doubt we would have dropped points. Instead we are 1-0 down in no time. That and a referee error like Emi’s clear foul on Laca not being reviewed by VAR. The story of the season for us.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
27 goals overall is poverty, but if you take a more recent sample of 8 league games, we have 15 goals. Scoring goals many have been a problem but teams evolve over the course of a season and it looks much less of a problem now. You can see there are goals in this side now, whereas early in the season I didn't know how we were going to make chances.
Yes the change Arteta made in December worked very well offensively but still auba need to get into his goal scoring form because it will win us too many games

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

What the point of VAR then. Shouldn't they notice that and told ref go to monitor and check that like in most European top leagues
This way of use for VAR was news to me. I can only assume that the refs view of the incident showed Laca leaning in to Emi. So if the ref sees the incident but not all of it, VAR won't intervene but if he misses it, VAR will? Okay then...

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Yes the change Arteta made in December worked very well offensively but still auba need to get into his goal scoring form because it will win us too many games
Getting Auba back in might be a problem but I think we have to do it. Pepe wont deserve to be dropped, but what are we supposed to do? Dropping Laca would be **** too but big decisions have to be made and lots of tears will flow.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Getting Auba back in might be a problem but I think we have to do it. Pepe wont deserve to be dropped, but what are we supposed to do? Dropping Laca would be **** too but big decisions have to be made and lots of tears will flow.
Auba should help himself today performance was again not good

Manberg10

I view refereeing mistakes the same way I view my ban on Arsenal Mania. Incorrect decision but honest mistakes. They have all the power though so you’re helpless. Like me though, just have to move on and accept it. It is what it is. Hope for better luck in the future.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Pepe and Saka were trying but they didnt find the final ball or shot. ESR was absolutely useless. Seemed like he was always a step behind what he was trying to do. Could be fatique. Getting real nervous about him breaking down.. Would have started Ødegaard for sure. Partey’s injuries seem persistent and no Tierney is causing us a world of trouble.

Legend14

Established Member

I think we still need a CF who threatens. Today will happen more often than not with our CF’s.

I would pay for Calvert-Lewin or find someone like him in summer. Until then our goal scoring from CF will be inconsistent at best. There isn’t much wrong with our play beyond the crucial CF issue (not counting Bellerin).

sdotzdot

Established Member
Wasn’t even a bad game by us tbh, the previous horrendous run in was just garbage from top to bottom. The players, the team, the effort, the football, manager, tactics absolutely everything.

This on the other hand; some brain dead individual mistakes, corrupt FA and poor finishing is letting us down. Our quality of play is miles better. It still isn’t there yet, but I can finally see what we’re trying to do and I’m happy about that so don’t feel there’s any pressure on Arteta yet.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
It looks like my strategy of not getting up to watch this paid off. Christ, how far we've fallen.

I had some stuff to do today and tried to avoid spoilers thinking I'm in for a treat when I get back home.

Managed to avoid internet all afternoon only to play the match and see that Cedric ****show at the start.

Ended up fast forwarding watching us unable to penetrate low block. Watched entire match in 15 mins. No regrets. Sad state of affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom