• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone remember that he got taken off against Wolves?

He isn't 100 per cent.

We are talking about the highest level of sport where millions are being invested. In rugby, I remember Wales playing George North with a hamstring injury. They knew the exact amount of minutes he could give them. They took him off just before he got overloaded.

If you treat the player and they recover and do all the necessary strength work. They should not have a recurrence this quickly.

He got injured, we rushed him back, he got injured again. Every game we have seen him since he hasn't been able to last. He probably isn't ready. Why not give him minutes in the under 23 so he can come back full fit, rather than put him into a high intensity game where he comes off after 60 minutes feeling tight.

I am not convinced we are handling him properly. Just like most of our injuries.

OSBK

Established Member
Anyone remember that he got taken off against Wolves?

He isn't 100 per cent.

We are talking about the highest level of sport where millions are being invested. In rugby, I remember Wales playing George North with a hamstring injury. They knew the exact amount of minutes he could give them. They took him off just before he got overloaded.

If you treat the player and they recover and do all the necessary strength work. They should not have a recurrence this quickly.

He got injured, we rushed him back, he got injured again. Every game we have seen him since he hasn't been able to last. He probably isn't ready. Why not give him minutes in the under 23 so he can come back full fit, rather than put him into a high intensity game where he comes off after 60 minutes feeling tight.

I am not convinced we are handling him properly. Just like most of our injuries.

This is highky likely, he isnt covering the ground like he did at AM. If we had left him out the last 3 games im not sure it wouldve affected results and he may have recovered alot more.

Like you said bad management

Legend14

Established Member
Isn’t over stretching bad when you have a 100% recovered strain ? I had a slight thigh strain recently and thought I would stretch it out a couple days before a game and it actually got worse. I found out online that over stretching can tear it to make it worse.

Partey just needs more time to let his hamstring heal.
Stretching is preventative. If there is already an injury you have to heal first, but I am not a trainer. Just wondering what Arsenal is doing given the number of injuries.

Legend14

Established Member
Is it just me or are Partey and Xhaka basically playing the same role, basically caught between a 6 and an 8, but neither will go forward and look to play between the lines, or make runs into the box. To me it almost seems redundant playing both especially if we're trying to break down a tough defensive unit. Both are basically sitting there, neither really willing to try and break the lines, probably under instruction not to leave their position. Obviously Xhaka doesn't have the capability of making late runs into the box and then also get back to do his defensive duties, that's just unrealistic, but you'd imagine Partey does have this capability but seems under strict instruction to play a bit withdrawn. I can understand we're fearful of the counter attack and we need a bit of structure to stop them, but I don't know, I'm used to seeing Ramsey make that late run, or Cazorla operate between the lines even while playing in a double pivot. Now we're seeing Partey play very safe, sometimes make a drive forward with the ball but in general him and Xhaka will happily sit there for the most part.
I am seeing the same. I’d prefer a defensive mid paired with Partey. I think Partey has less opportunities to influence when playing with Xhaka. Luckily Xhaka is playing his best football in an Arsenal shirt.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Do we keep just slotting this guy back in too early ? I think he needs a proper break but we keep bringing him back as soon as possible. Surely hamstring issues need proper recovery time to prevent it from happening again.

Yeah don’t think he was ready when he came back for Southampton tbh.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I am seeing the same. I’d prefer a defensive mid paired with Partey. I think Partey has less opportunities to influence when playing with Xhaka. Luckily Xhaka is playing his best football in an Arsenal shirt.
I would like a midfield of Partey - Buendía and ESR for those games you want to be more offensive and creative but balanced. ESR and Buendía are 2 creative players who likes to defend... Buendía actually is super aggressive, like Alexis, a fiery player.

Manberg10

Ironically enough, I believe our midfield has been the best part of our team with a Xhaka and Partey midfield, along with the keeper. It’s our attack and our defence (specifically a FB) that have faltered.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Ironically enough, I believe our midfield has been the best part of our team with a Xhaka and Partey midfield, along with the keeper. It’s our attack and our defence (specifically a FB) that have faltered.
Not ironic at all.

Something the Arteta haters can't see as they are too braindead.

Manberg10

Drop off from Partey to El Neny or Ceballos is huge though. Hoping he’s ok, or we go back to having a lacking midfield.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Do you think what we are doing is causing him more potential issues long term ? With his hamstring
Clearly. It's starting to remind me of Ramsey. We were so dependent on him and he'd pick up a hamstring injury, miss a month, come back as soon as possible and then the thigh or hamstring would go again. I understand that he's the marquee signing and both he and the club want him to have an impact but at a certain stage I need to see some basic intelligence on display. A couple of matches ago when he was struggling after 60 minutes, someone should have been thinking about dialing things back a bit and making sure everything was sound. The guy is a world class athlete who was always fit before he joined. If he's uncomfortable, there's a reason. Arteta was here as a teammate of Ramsey, he should recognize the signs, let alone our alleged medical professionals. Mistake after mistake this year with rushing players back from injury and not taking head injuries seriously. It's a worry.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
A part of me thinks we should just let him rest for the season, use him sporadically and we go again next time. However, there’s a part of me that would rather drink battery acid than watch Elneny or Cellabos come back into the team. I also think Partey needs to adjust his game. Less sprinting, I’m sorry but you can’t be an effective B2B midfielder if your hamstrings can pop any minute. I think Henderson changed from a press heavy b2b to a good holding midfielder and it’s been fine for him. Maybe that’s what is needed for Thomas. For whatever reason his hamstrings are playing up and I think he’ll need surgery in the near future. As good as Xhaka-Partey have looked, I do think Partey should take Xhaka’s role and we bring in a fitter b2b midfielder.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah don’t think he was ready when he came back for Southampton tbh.
It’s frustrating because he woulda got a nice break now. I think we need to factor in our chances or achieving European Football via the Premier League, and just realise that if we don’t move up the table drastically in the next 3-4 games it’s over- and those are games Partey may be out for. Just play him here and there in the PL when he is back, concentrate on the EL.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As this week killed top four the sensible thing to do would be to just ensure he’s healthy for EL games, but doubt we do it.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
A part of me thinks we should just let him rest for the season, use him sporadically and we go again next time. However, there’s a part of me that would rather drink battery acid than watch Elneny or Cellabos come back into the team. I also think Partey needs to adjust his game. Less sprinting, I’m sorry but you can’t be an effective B2B midfielder if your hamstrings can pop any minute. I think Henderson changed from a press heavy b2b to a good holding midfielder and it’s been fine for him. Maybe that’s what is needed for Thomas. For whatever reason his hamstrings are playing up and I think he’ll need surgery in the near future. As good as Xhaka-Partey have looked, I do think Partey should take Xhaka’s role and we bring in a fitter b2b midfielder.
He missed less than a handful of games at Atletico. He was the picture of health there. His hamstring and thigh didn't just fall apart at age 27. What changed is an inferior medical staff and an intellectually and emotionally stunted manager who keeps rushing him back for personal gain rather than doing right by the player. Partey doesn't need to change how he plays, he needs the club to change how they treat their employees.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yep, Partey and Xhaka have looked extremely good every time they've played together. Peoples agendas against Xhaka are making then want to destroy the strongest area of the team. Crazy.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

He missed less than a handful of games at Atletico. He was the picture of health there. His hamstring and thigh didn't just fall apart at age 27. What changed is an inferior medical staff and an intellectually and emotionally stunted manager who keeps rushing him back for personal gain rather than doing right by the player. Partey doesn't need to change how he plays, he needs the club to change how they treat their employees.
Think the medical staff is fine tbh. Also don't think Arteta is rushing Partey back especially after last time.

I am not a medical expert but surrounding muscles having issues after a big injury happens all the time.

Arteta is putting up with Cedric not rushing back Tierney right?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Resting him for the rest of the season is not on. You don't pay big transfer fees and large salaries to watch a player rest. On the other hand to rush him back as we've done twice is not on either. So he has to be rested, treated and monitored until he is 100% and then weaned back.

An injured player is no use to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom