• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Midfielder or in deNile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I'm a bit confused though.

The club want AMN to play rb/wb on his loan right?
But AMN has been pushing to play in midfield?

So he's gone to West Brom where Big Sam has assured him he will play both?

Have I got this correct?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I doubt it, AMN must have demanded midfield in his contract, otherwise Southampton would have gone through.

If he actually has to play fullback at WBA, ffs.
I'm a bit confused though.

The club want AMN to play rb/wb on his loan right?
But AMN has been pushing to play in midfield?

So he's gone to West Brom where Big Sam has assured him he will play both?

Have I got this correct?
He wants to play CM, but he might be needed at RB because WBA only have one real option there. Peltier is their back up and he's made just two appearances the whole season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Reminds me of when we signed Gallas, when he was tired of playing LB instead of CB.

Debut against United...Big Wengz: "Right, William. left-back today." :lol:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Wenger always said that AMN’s future was at defensive midfield. Thought his best performance ever for us came in the CM position vs United. Hope that now he’s gotten his wish we’ll see him take it up a notch or two.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Hope he scores against Sp**s on the weekend. Would be a great plot line for the journalists to write about and us to discuss!

samson

It's a shame he never got a run of games at CDM/CM for us. His versatility is his biggest disadvantage I guess. Still does a good job at RB.

His best game for us was at left wing back, cup game against Chelsea. Was decent against Liverpool too, in the 5-5 match. I will miss his penalty taking abilities.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's a shame he never got a run of games at CDM/CM for us. His versatility is his biggest disadvantage I guess. Still does a good job at RB.

His best game for us was at left wing back, cup game against Chelsea. Was decent against Liverpool too, in the 5-5 match. I will miss his penalty taking abilities.

Regardless of opposition I thought this was his best game for us:

Started as a CM alongside Elneny and was involved in almost everything positive for 90 minutes.

Got a brilliant assist and should’ve had a brilliant goal after an amazing run.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Regardless of opposition I thought this was his best game for us:

Started as a CM alongside Elneny and was involved in almost everything positive for 90 minutes.

Got a brilliant assist and should’ve had a brilliant goal after an amazing run.
Was a real box to box midfielder that game, shame we've only seen glimpses of it here. I'm hoping that's the type of role he will play at West Brom rather than just sitting in front of the defence.

billyf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom