• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League Round of 32: Benfica v Arsenal

How will Arsenal fare in the Europa League knockout phase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Does this mean that two teams could play twice at the same neutral venue and it's 3-3 on aggregate but one team goes out on away goals even though all the goals were scored on the same pitch?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How can anyone not want two legs?!? With the amount of players we have that can **** up a tie and giveea game away I am not surprised we want two legs.

At least when either Luiz, Leno, Pepe, Gabriel or Xhaka get sent off for fly kicking someone we actually have a second game to recover.

DasBootist

How can anyone not want two legs?!? With the amount of players we have that can **** up a tie and giveea game away I am not surprised we want two legs.

At least when either Luiz, Leno, Pepe, Gabriel or Xhaka get sent off for fly kicking someone we actually have a second game to recover.
If it's two legs there will be a bigger chance of a ****-up. The less minutes played is the safer option.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Does this mean that two teams could play twice at the same neutral venue and it's 3-3 on aggregate but one team goes out on away goals even though all the goals were scored on the same pitch?
Yes, in the first leg Benfica would be the designated gone team and vice versa in the 2nd leg.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why not just a one off game at a neutral ground?

No fans make home and away games kinda redundant anyway.
money.gif

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
It's like Milan and Inter playing on the same stadium.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think benfica and us should send their toughest player and let them slug it out. winners go through. I would send Xhaka

GLITCH

They will probably just call the first leg 'Away', and the second leg 'Home', for us. Yeah, it's stupid.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
They will probably just call the first leg 'Away', and the second leg 'Home', for us. Yeah, it's stupid.

You could get knocked out of a competition cos you scored in a white shirt instead of a red shirt :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The first leg, which is Benfica’s 'home' fixture, will be played at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome on February 18, at 8pm (UK time).

Our 'home' fixture will be played at the Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium in Athens, Olympiacos' stadium, on February 25. Kick-off has yet to be confirmed.

:rofl: such a **** show

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can Olympiakos leave us alone for once. If it's natural Venue it's best to play just 1 game no need 2 legs

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
The first leg, which is Benfica’s 'home' fixture, will be played at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome on February 18, at 8pm (UK time).

Our 'home' fixture will be played at the Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium in Athens, Olympiacos' stadium, on February 25. Kick-off has yet to be confirmed.

:rofl: such a **** show

It's funny how we've had to change venues cos of covid and yet we're involving four different European countries just to play two games of football. Seems kinda counterintuitive.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

How can playing in Greece, almost the furthest European country from the UK, be considered a home game? :lol:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So away goals rule still intact. Meaning if level, Benfica get an extra 30 mins of extra time to get an away goal that will see us needing 2. This seems fair....

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

If it's two legs there will be a bigger chance of a ****-up. The less minutes played is the safer option.
You're both correct. We need two legs to wake up, get our act together and repair our inevitable mistakes. On the other hand, we can also be so unimaginative that I'd rather be put out of my misery after 45 minutes. And I've seen so many say that we could play all day and not score. No idea which Arsenal will turn up.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom