• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
What is this? Players of the month for December ? Doesn’t really tell the whole story does it, especially for a goalkeeper who can cost his team points if he doesn’t stay consistent every game (which Martinez has had an issue with).

If Martinez got the team of the season at the end of the season then it wouldn’t have been a debate.

Did Emi bang your gf or something lmao.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Unsurprisingly Leno is a really good keeper, shocker.

And what happened in the Wolves game is a non-issue and probably wouldn't have happened if we weren't down to 10 and trying to exert pressure to get back into the game.

I will say that the slight weakness I've noticed (and to be fair so have others) is that he sometimes has the habit to parry shots into dangerous areas when he could tip it away from the goal area.

But hopefully he can work and the nip that in the bud.

Iceman10

Established Member
And what happened in the Wolves game is a non-issue and probably wouldn't have happened if we weren't down to 10 and trying to exert pressure to get back into the game.

Being a bit pedantic I will say it is an issue because I still thought we were in with a shout of getting a draw before going down to nine men. This moment for Leno doesn’t seem to fit any pattern for him *so far* during his tine at Arsenal, so for now I would agree it is a one-off.

I don't understand why my sentiments about him have been ignored when for me they are certainly points for discussion.

Leno should have kicked the ball out for a throw in in Villa's half and the ref would easily blow for HT. I think he did something similar if I remember correctly when we were knocked out of the EL. He is showing that he can't be reliable at very crucial times for the team and I am pretty sure we will see such level of dumbness in the future.

The handball just shows me he is indiscipline, nothing more, nothing less. I don't see how any other top GK does that.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Being a bit pedantic I will say it is an issue because I still thought we were in with a shout of getting a draw before going down to nine men. This moment for Leno doesn’t seem to fit any pattern for him *so far* during his tine at Arsenal, so for now I would agree it is a one-off.

Yeah, non-issue was probably the wrong word, what I should've said is that it's not something I'll hold against him given that it probably only happened because of the circumstances we were in.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't understand why my sentiments about him have been ignored when for me they are certainly points for discussion.

Leno should have kicked the ball out for a throw in in Villa's half and the ref would easily blow for HT. I think he did something similar if I remember correctly when we were knocked out of the EL. He is showing that he can't be reliable at very crucial times for the team and I am pretty sure we will see such level of dumbness in the future.

The handball just shows me he is indiscipline, nothing more, nothing less. I don't see how any other top GK does that.
Agree about him kicking into touch just before HT. I said before that our game management was abysmal. The handball just looked like someone who had a brain freeze along with a thousand thoughts at the same time. Mind and body not in sync at all

Agree about him kicking into touch just before HT. I said before that our game management was abysmal. The handball just looked like someone who had a brain freeze along with a thousand thoughts at the same time. Mind and body not in sync at all
Maybe you are right. My patience is running out on him though.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's won me around for the most part because he's tangibly improved those areas where he was suspect. The problem is that we've been burnt so many times that it's hard to trust any player who has let you down in the past.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

image0.jpg

ed201f6f-0e97-4637-9ce5-bf9b55e27f8c.JPG

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

Was close second to Auba as our player of the season last year. Was considered by many as one of the best Goal keepers in the league. Since he signed apart from an initial settling period he has unarguably been one of our better players and arguably one of the better Keepers in the league, can't even count the amount of games he almost single handedly saved us.

After one mistake, during a month he was near perfect (deservedly nominated as player of the month) your patience is running out. I'm trying not to think what your patience is like with our other players.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I am shocked! Shocked, I tell ya. Nay, astonished, astounded... amazed. Positively flabbergasted that Martinez is a better goalkeeper. Who knew?
they literally neck on neck what are you talking about? :lol:

Just shows some of you have been crying over nothing if anything.

Martinez makes more saves in what I was going to call a lesser team, but they’ve been better than us this season. This includes all those matches we’ve had 10 (or 9) players on the pitch.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
they literally neck on neck what are you talking about? :lol:

Just shows some of you have been crying over nothing if anything.

Martinez makes more saves in what I was going to call a lesser team, but they’ve been better than us this season. This includes all those matches we’ve had 10 (or 9) players on the pitch.

What are you talking about? Did you even read the chart? Martinez is in the category facing over 35 shots on target. Leno is in 1-23 category. Those numbers carry weight.
Martinez has 3.5 expected shots per 90 compared to Leno's 90, and even with that Martinez performs better. How can you call that neck on neck?

Martinez is factually the better keeper (if your chart is correct).

Macho

Dusted 🔻

What are you talking about? Did you even read the chart? Martinez is in the category facing over 35 shots on target. Leno is in 1-23 category. Those numbers carry weight.
Martinez has 3.5 expected shots per 90 compared to Leno's 90, and even with that Martinez performs better. How can you call that neck on neck?
Leno can't help if he is playing for Arsenal football club and faces less shots on goal? :lol:

You're basically trying to say 20 year old Meslier is better than Alisson and Ederson. He's good but come now.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Leno can't help if he is playing for Arsenal football club and faces less shots on goal? :lol:

You're basically trying to say 20 year old Meslier is better than Alisson and Ederson. He's good but come now.

By the numbers in your chart Martinez is the better keeper. You don't like it, go argue with the math.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom