• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 443,885
Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Mings would be a poor buy imo. He’d cost silly money and he’ll be 28 in the summer.

Don’t rate him much as a defender at all. Villa tend to sit back a lot and he has so many gaffs in him. I see him as another Maguire tbh.

Those clangers are acceptable for Aston Villa but for Utd that’s trouble.

Yeah I agree, I don't rate Ming's very highly myself. When you consider Ake went for nearly £40m what would Villa want for Ming's, certainly more than he is worth by some margin.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah I agree, I don't rate Ming's very highly myself. When you consider Ake went for nearly £40m what would Villa want for Ming's, certainly more than he is worth by some margin.

Ahhh Nathan Ake, forgot he existed, I imagine his payday is nice and he will probably get a PL winners medal though.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
PSG would be absolute juggernauts if they just copied Bayern's model of bullying the rest of their league, there is so much French talent and they're all broke now.

They'd be juggernauts if they just managed to keep all the good players that their academy produces.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Which CB will leave apart from Alaba? Notice Lucas isn’t getting much game time these days.

Probably Boateng. There's been rumours they want to offload Hernandez but I can't see that. He cost a fortune and is one of the younger CBs they have. Think it's going to be Upamecano, Hernandez, Süle, Nianzou. Although if they asked my opinion I'd get rid of Hernandez or Süle and push Pavard back to CB while splashing cash on a proper rightback.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Probably Boateng. There's been rumours they want to offload Hernandez but I can't see that. He cost a fortune and is one of the younger CBs they have. Think it's going to be Upamecano, Hernandez, Süle, Nianzou. Although if they asked my opinion I'd get rid of Hernandez or Süle and push Pavard back to CB while splashing cash on a proper rightback.

Why’s it not worked for Lucas?

He was one of our best defenders at Atletico and was quality in the World Cup.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Why’s it not worked for Lucas?

He was one of our best defenders at Atletico and was quality in the World Cup.

Tbh really don't know. Iirc he's mostly been used as a leftback before Davies broke through, then he's been injured a bit every now and then, Flick loves Boateng who tbh pulled himself out of bad form this season, Süle is a lumberjack but German so he's got that going for him, and then of course there's Alaba.

I guess they will stick to him, Süle and Upamecano and as the only left footed CB among their ranks I guess he'll slot into the team for Alaba and stick if he doesn't **** up.

Davies - Hernandez - Upamecano - Pavard

In that line up Pavard is the odd one out. They will not sell their last German defender in Süle but need another proper rightback. Means Pavard is the obvious choice to sell - would be a neat pickup for Arsenal. Guess they'd want around the 35m they paid for him. I'm not sure Salihamidzic is that bright, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom