• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What we would do to have a player with that level of skill in our team now. I actually regret that I never really appreciated him at that time.

Should have listened to Sirush.
@Riou tried to tell me too, but I wasn't having it.

zanziro1

Seen the penalty that wasn’t given today again. VAR chose to show the angle where you can’t see the trip on Saka, only showed the arm contact. It was a penalty and they tried to mess things up for us again. Also, why didn’t the Leeds keeper get a yellow?

Yet again, decisions going in the favour of our opponents.

Yes, this is actually shocking and should be brought to the media's attention!

The studio and pundits, here where I live, actually questioned this at halftime. They showed the angle where you could easily see that Saka was clipped. However, the same angle was never displayed on the referee's VAR monitor. They argued that the only angle(s) that should be shown, is the one actually influencing the decision (either for or against). Showing all other angles just leaves the referee confused.

Seeing the angles shown yesterday, I totally understand why the referee withdrew the penalty

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

They showed the angle where you could easily see that Saka was clipped. However, the same angle was never displayed on the referee's VAR monitor. They argued that the only angle(s) that should be shown, is the one actually influencing the decision (either for or against). Showing all other angles just leaves the referee confused.
This makes absolutely no sense to me or I guess any other viewer. Saka is clearly being clipped and you can see his leg move from the contact, yet it wasn't shown to the referee. This just reeks to the heaven from FA/PL referee abuse, bias or whatever you want to call it. Also not even a yellow for their GK hacking down Saka shortly there after on the pen that was given. How is this allowed? The club really needs to protest loader until this **** stops once and for all! It makes my blood boil! :mad:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
That’s that Bentdner off the line game isn’t it. Awful stuff.

The CL game I remember most vividly from that period was the game against Porto at home where we absolutely battered them, took like 30 shots, and couldn't score. That was the height of our 'endless one-twos around the box' era.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't think there's any conspiratorial / intentional bias stuff going on with most referee's. That's veering into conspiracy theory territory.

Virtually every clubs forum thinks referee's are biased against them.

The vast majority can be put down to incompetence rather than anything malicious.

I can't argue that there are a lot of incompetent ref's in the PL though. The standard should be much higher than it is.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
All I know is most referees are northerners and they hate southerners and southern teams. There has been and there will always be a bias against southern teams, unless for example we’re playing Man Utd and the ref is from Leeds; in that case, we’ll get the benefit of the doubt because they hate each other. Look at the way @OnlyOne posts... he’s probably the best example of a northern, Arsenal-hating, disassociating scumbag on this board. Him and @GDeep™ . Coincidence? Nah.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

All I know is most referees are northerners and they hate southerners and southern teams. There has been and there will always be a bias against southern teams, unless for example we’re playing Man Utd and the ref is from Leeds; in that case, we’ll get the benefit of the doubt because they hate each other. Look at the way @OnlyOne posts... he’s probably the best example of a northern, Arsenal-hating, disassociating scumbag on this board. Him and @GDeep™ . Coincidence? Nah.

Is Birmingham really the North now?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You calling Birmingham north you smelly **** bag?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Love how the tackle on Lingard just now isn’t a red and David Luiz’s contact was. Have to love both the PL refs and the rules...

zanziro1

I don't think there's any conspiratorial / intentional bias stuff going on with most referee's. That's veering into conspiracy theory territory.

Virtually every clubs forum thinks referee's are biased against them.

The vast majority can be put down to incompetence rather than anything malicious.

I can't argue that there are a lot of incompetent ref's in the PL though. The standard should be much higher than it is.

Yes, I agree that you are kind of delutional if you're thinking that there is a conspiracy against Arsenal. I reckon that fans at every club complains when the referee makes the wrong decision against their club, but look the other way when it happens the other way around.

However, that doesn't mean that wrong decisions shouldn't be highlighted and some sort of responsibility should be addressed. When the game referee actually are shown replays that does not show the correct incident, he is essentially being screwed by his colleagues in the VAR-room and is made out to look like a clown. Now, that responsibility needs to be placed on somebody, so that they either can learn from it or find out that the person is not fit to be in that position.

Maybe there should be two head referees in todays game, like there are in other sports, because it is clearly not working today.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Fans would have a stronger argument regarding refs if they didn’t complain about everything that doesn’t fall their way.

Utd being a prime example. *****ing about a counter inside their own half being stopped despite time being up.

simba

Manberg Again
I don’t know if it’s a conspiracy against Arsenal but there is clear evidence that decisions have gone against us more than other teams, and dubious decisions have gone for some teams such as Utd more than other teams (they’re complaining about one decision recently, and they’re loud about it, when we had to deal with such stuff many times).

It’s not just the big decisions either, it’s also things such as our players getting yellow carded when committing minimal fouls, compared to opponents in games who keep fouling without cards. It all adds up.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Fans would have a stronger argument regarding refs if they didn’t complain about everything that doesn’t fall their way.

Utd being a prime example. *****ing about a counter inside their own half being stopped despite time being up.
Think the more the players and coach complain and ***** about the refs the better. Working the refs is a tried and tested way to gain an advantage. Just look how ManU have been and are treated by the refs. Tell me complaining doesn't help...

Sweet'n'Soulful

I don’t know if it’s a conspiracy against Arsenal but there is clear evidence that decisions have gone against us more than other teams, and dubious decisions have gone for some teams such as Utd more than other teams (they’re complaining about one decision recently, and they’re loud about it, when we had to deal with such stuff many times).

It’s not just the big decisions either, it’s also things such as our players getting yellow carded when committing minimal fouls, compared to opponents in games who keep fouling without cards. It all adds up.
It’s the blatant lack of consistency when it comes to officiating Arsenal games. I think there is more than enough evidence to suggest we are targeted and have been for years. This is not something that I want to believe is true, and it actually suits me better to try and believe it isn’t, but I’d only be lying to myself. We moaned about it when we were good and we are still moaning about it now we are ****.. ish!

simba

Manberg Again
It’s the blatant lack of consistency when it comes to officiating Arsenal games. I think there is more than enough evidence to suggest we are targeted and have been for years. This is not something that I want to believe is true, and it actually suits me better to try and believe it isn’t, but I’d only be lying to myself. We moaned about it when we were good and we are still moaning about it now we are ****.. ish!

I don’t know if it’s to do with us being targeted, we can’t come to that conclusion without proof. I just think that referees are finding it easy to give decisions against us, and when they are in doubt they don’t feel intimidated to go against us.

Sweet'n'Soulful

I don’t know if it’s to do with us being targeted, we can’t come to that conclusion without proof. I just think that referees are finding it easy to give decisions against us, and when they are in doubt they don’t feel intimidated to go against us.
Well that will be the same thing as being targeted. I’m not suggesting it’s the first thing they think of in the morning and the last thing at night. As you rightly say, it seems like they find it easier to go against us, which is the same thing as being targeted

Top Bottom