• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Isn’t that a massive hole in the rules though seen as he got nowhere near it?

I think the way they look at it is if it’s a genuine attempt and there’s a realistic chance of getting the ball then they give a yellow. The rule is just stupid in my opinion. It should be a blanket yes or no. If a penalty is given it should be a yellow (unless it’s serious foul play).

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't think there an agenda against us because if there is it'll be like betting and the refs should be banned for life. Imo it's just mess the var not been use right the clear obvious error thing that I'll never understand nobody does and it should be removed.

GDeep™

League is very weak
All I know is most referees are northerners and they hate southerners and southern teams. There has been and there will always be a bias against southern teams, unless for example we’re playing Man Utd and the ref is from Leeds; in that case, we’ll get the benefit of the doubt because they hate each other. Look at the way @OnlyOne posts... he’s probably the best example of a northern, Arsenal-hating, disassociating scumbag on this board. Him and @GDeep™ . Coincidence? Nah.
**** off :lol:. Birmingham is in the middle, feel southern if anything.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Yes, I agree that you are kind of delutional if you're thinking that there is a conspiracy against Arsenal. I reckon that fans at every club complains when the referee makes the wrong decision against their club, but look the other way when it happens the other way around.

However, that doesn't mean that wrong decisions shouldn't be highlighted and some sort of responsibility should be addressed. When the game referee actually are shown replays that does not show the correct incident, he is essentially being screwed by his colleagues in the VAR-room and is made out to look like a clown. Now, that responsibility needs to be placed on somebody, so that they either can learn from it or find out that the person is not fit to be in that position.

Maybe there should be two head referees in todays game, like there are in other sports, because it is clearly not working today.

Delusional if you think there's an agenda? In addition to all we've been speaking of, this one still gives me nightmares.

Remembering Robin van Persie's bizarre red card during Arsenal vs Barcelona | GiveMeSport

It's insane how blind you'd have to be to not see a clear agenda against Arsenal by referees and pundits. It's maddening.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Didn't Collina love squaring up to players too?

Though nothing will beat that French ref trying to kick a player who accidentally tripped him, then sending him off :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Didn't Collina love squaring up to players too?

Though nothing will beat that French ref trying to kick a player who accidentally tripped him, then sending him off :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was Diego Carlos as well wasn’t it? Went on to be a class player haha.

zanziro1

Delusional if you think there's an agenda? In addition to all we've been speaking of, this one still gives me nightmares.

Remembering Robin van Persie's bizarre red card during Arsenal vs Barcelona | GiveMeSport

It's insane how blind you'd have to be to not see a clear agenda against Arsenal by referees and pundits. It's maddening.

Pointing towards a freak incident, which even happened in the Champions League many years ago to make your point, just shows that you are delutional.

Even if Arsenal is in the lower end of the table of the "Top 6", when it comes to favourable referee decisions, I think it is far strech to say that there is a conspiricy against Arsenal. It's more down to Arsenal not being vocal enough about the 50/50 decisions that is going against us.
Just watching Maguire moan about not getting a penalty, even if he was offside before he was "fouled", makes my point. You never see any Arsenal players or manager address this in the media. For example, you never heard any big complains when Luiz was sent off against Wolves. Until we actually start doing it when these situations happen, referees will keep making 50/50 decisions go against us.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pointing towards a freak incident, which even happened in the Champions League many years ago to make your point, just shows that you are delutional.

Even if Arsenal is in the lower end of the table of the "Top 6", when it comes to favourable referee decisions, I think it is far strech to say that there is a conspiricy against Arsenal. It's more down to Arsenal not being vocal enough about the 50/50 decisions that is going against us.
Just watching Maguire moan about not getting a penalty, even if he was offside before he was "fouled", makes my point. You never see any Arsenal players or manager address this in the media. For example, you never heard any big complains when Luiz was sent off against Wolves. Until we actually start doing it when these situations happen, referees will keep making 50/50 decisions go against us.
The likes of Wrighty and Keown aren't doing us any favours. They should be pointing out this stuff in the media

Last edited:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

How many "freak accidents" does it take until it's not a delusion anymore? The point is, it's been happening for years! The fact that Arsenal doesn't moan is not why there is a bias. There is a bias because there is no accountability written into the system.

zanziro1

The likes of Weighty and Keown aren't doing us any favours. They should be pointing this stuff in the media

Yeah, they're to classy to moan to much about the referees decisions. It's a shame really, because it could have been of huge benefit

zanziro1

How many "freak accidents" does it take until it's not a delusion anymore? The point is, it's been happening for years! The fact that Arsenal doesn't moan is not why there is a bias. There is a bias because there is no accountability written into the system.

Yeah, but being more vocal and drawing the medias attention to wrong decisions, even in the games that we end up winning, will eventually force the FA to take accountability for it.

You can't tell me that point out wrong decisions, made by the same referee again and again, will not have an effect. It will either have a psycological effect on the said referee or force the FA to do changes in the referee setup. It will also have an effect on other referees knowing we will create a fuzz, if the 50/50 in the end, was a wrong decision. How do you think Ferguson managed to get nearly every decision in his favour? They were terrified of him

Top Bottom