• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What's up with this whinging ?, him along with Martinelli where key to our resurgence of playing half decent football, as far as I'm concerned his place in the squad place is his to lose, all the crap we've had to endure this season with these underperforming veteran Muppets the occasional slip up will happen, it's not a big deal.
No moaning more worried about an expected muscular injury could be coming soon. I think we just overplaying him and it causing him getting tired and form start dropping

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Wasn't his greatest of games, really silly for the penalty but interesting that for the 2nd game in a row we couldn't keep a hold of the ball the minute he went off which is quite worrying considering he's not going to be able to play every match.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I prefer him at 10. Rather than playing on the left. I don't get why he is being shifted out of position for Ødegaard now.
Because Ødegaard can’t play on the left and he’s not taking Saka’s position either. I would like us to experiment with a 433 but it’s hard if you don’t have the right profiles in certain positions. We may need to revisit the #6 role and the RB one. Neither Xhaka or Cellabos are suited for the lone 6 role, Partey is probably our best fit there but he offers a lot of dynamism via his ball carrying that he won’t be able to do at 6. He’s definitely more box-to-box than holding. And you need a technically good right back to come infield. Basically, not Bellerin.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Wasn't his greatest of games, really silly for the penalty but interesting that for the 2nd game in a row we couldn't keep a hold of the ball the minute he went off which is quite worrying considering he's not going to be able to play every match.
Our total loss of cohesion was very noticeable. It will be less of a problem to rest him if we can get Tierney, Partey and Pepe with Ødegaard at 10 on the pitch at the same time. For now, it's like we're forced to play him.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Because Ødegaard can’t play on the left and he’s not taking Saka’s position either. I would like us to experiment with a 433 but it’s hard if you don’t have the right profiles in certain positions. We may need to revisit the #6 role and the RB one. Neither Xhaka or Cellabos are suited for the lone 6 role, Partey is probably our best fit there but he offers a lot of dynamism via his ball carrying that he won’t be able to do at 6. He’s definitely more box-to-box than holding. And you need a technically good right back to come infield. Basically, not Bellerin.

For the team to get to a higher level, we need another CM to partner Partey, better than Xhaka. I think Xhaka can stay as a squad player, so we won't need El-neny anymore. Ceballos is not that good, so after his loan hopefully it's goodbye. We def need an upgrade on Bellerin, an upgrade on Laca too. Depending on the Ødegaard situation, we obviously need a 10. I like Ødegaard, but he lacks power and burst in his game. Obviously he will be off to Madrid in the summer, but even if we had a chance to get him, we should still try to explore other options that would fit the EPL better in the long run. We also need a back-up LB as Tierney is clearly injury prone.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
And Arsenal fans on Twitter start calling him s**t after 2-3 average performance. Why I'm not surprised i was totally expecting that just predictable stuff from the modern #fifa supporters they expect everyone is Mbappe or Messi.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
For the team to get to a higher level, we need another CM to partner Partey, better than Xhaka. I think Xhaka can stay as a squad player, so we won't need El-neny anymore. Ceballos is not that good, so after his loan hopefully it's goodbye. We def need an upgrade on Bellerin, an upgrade on Laca too. Depending on the Ødegaard situation, we obviously need a 10. I like Ødegaard, but he lacks power and burst in his game. Obviously he will be off to Madrid in the summer, but even if we had a chance to get him, we should still try to explore other options that would fit the EPL better in the long run. We also need a back-up LB as Tierney is clearly injury prone.

I agree he isn't the most powerful at all, but I don't think it's necessarily a problem if he reaches his technical ceiling. Fabregas thrived in the PL and he wasn't pwerful at all, he let the ball do all the work.

I think if he does well the next few months we should try to get him either on loan with option to buy or just buy him straight away. You have to bet on talent and potential, football's a betting game after all, and often you have to bet on the guy with the most talent and the highest ceiling. That's Ødegaard, technically he's as good as anyone. We need players like that.

Keplaz

For those who understand the technicalities of football , I have a question. Is Emile Smith Rowe a raumdeuter?

I know that's a description for Thomas Muller. And I know they are very different players, but what always gets to me about ESR is his understanding of space. And he's not quite a 10, an 8 or a winger.

Is ESR a raumdeuter? And why do you think he is or isn't?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

For those who understand the technicalities of football , I have a question. Is Emile Smith Rowe a raumdeuter?

I know that's a description for Thomas Muller. And I know they are very different players, but what always gets to me about ESR is his understanding of space. And he's not quite a 10, an 8 or a winger.

I'm not an expert but from my understanding raumdeuters primarily work off the ball and utilise space. Although there are aspects of ESR's game which does this, but he's also someone who'll still receive the ball in similar spaces to a traditional 10 between the lines and link up well like a 10 would, tho not exactly a guy for those incisive through balls that we've already seen from Ødegaard either.

I think he fits into the role of a modern 10 tho. Here's a video explaining the reemergence and how a modern 10 differs from a traditional one.

Keplaz

I'm not an expert but from my understanding raumdeuters primarily work off the ball and utilise space. Although there are aspects of ESR's game which does this, but he's also someone who'll still receive the ball in similar spaces to a traditional 10 between the lines and link up well like a 10 would, tho not exactly a guy for those incisive through balls that we've already seen from Ødegaard either.

I think he fits into the role of a modern 10 tho. Here's a video explaining the reemergence and how a modern 10 differs from a traditional one.

Thanks for this. He doesn't stick to one position like an Özil or an Ødegaard in that role. He is always moving around, where he's needed.

He seems to play a supporting role, like the kid with the different coloured bib in training. The spare man. The free role.

He doesn't seem to have as many touches as you would expect from a 10 but pops up where needed. But that video was very good and I can see why he would be a modern 10.

What would be the difference you think between the modern 10 and the raumdeuter?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Thanks for this. He doesn't stick to one position like an Özil or an Ødegaard in that role. He is always moving around, where he's needed.

He seems to play a supporting role, like the kid with the different coloured bib in training. The spare man. The free role.

He doesn't seem to have as many touches as you would expect from a 10 but pops up where needed. But that video was very good and I can see why he would be a modern 10.

What would be the difference you think between the modern 10 and the raumdeuter?

I think it's mostly down to involvement in the general play. Someone like ESR tends to get very involved, in fact there's been a few games where ESR has gone off and we've completely lost control. I mean it could just be a coincidence and not necessarily down to ESR, but it does seem to be a bit of a common theme.

When I hear raumdeuter I think of two players, Muller and Alli, apart from a few touches here and there, they're not exactly vital to the buildup and are more there for when the ball comes into the box and they can find themselves in an area where they can exploit via getting into a scoring opportunity or where they can find a teammate. With someone like even Bruno for example, although he's largely an end product player, he's still very much involved in the buildup, he's not really there to help in terms of controlling things but he'll get involved in terms of breaking down a tight defence, whereas a Muller or an Alli will very much stay on the fringes until they can find space to exploit. I think raumdeuters require specfic system for them to work. Pochettino used to put Eriksen slightly wide, while also having Kane to drop deep to make up for someone like Alli being purely focused on exploiting space. Whereas a modern 10 is still quite important to the general play but their role is slightly altered where they do more in terms of exploiting space, drifting wide, helping defensively and with pressing and contributing to the team shape off the ball a bit more.

Keplaz

I think it's mostly down to involvement in the general play. Someone like ESR tends to get very involved, in fact there's been a few games where ESR has gone off and we've completely lost control. I mean it could just be a coincidence and not necessarily down to ESR, but it does seem to be a bit of a common theme.

When I hear raumdeuter I think of two players, Muller and Alli, apart from a few touches here and there, they're not exactly vital to the buildup and are more there for when the ball comes into the box and they can find themselves in an area where they can exploit via getting into a scoring opportunity or where they can find a teammate. With someone like even Bruno for example, although he's largely an end product player, he's still very much involved in the buildup, he's not really there to help in terms of controlling things but he'll get involved in terms of breaking down a tight defence, whereas a Muller or an Alli will very much stay on the fringes until they can find space to exploit. I think raumdeuters require specfic system for them to work. Pochettino used to put Eriksen slightly wide, while also having Kane to drop deep to make up for someone like Alli being purely focused on exploiting space. Whereas a modern 10 is still quite important to the general play but their role is slightly altered where they do more in terms of exploiting space, drifting wide, helping defensively and with pressing and contributing to the team shape off the ball a bit more.
For someone who's "no expert" you know a lot! Thank you very much, very detailed explanation.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I think ESR's appreciation of space makes him capable of playing such a role but I think long term his future will be as a #8. He has the work-rate and is capable of winning duels, but I think his ability to use space well and his preferred mode of passing will definitely suit the deeper areas very well. He hasn't shown his range of passing quite as much in his recent run of games but he is capable of breaking lines from the middle of the pitch. His driving runs would also be much more useful in those areas. In effect, I think he takes up the kind of role Willock would hope to play at Arsenal (depending on how he does at Newcastle of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom