• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: Time To Saybyeos?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
100% hope we dont sign Ceballos, been here 2yrs and not really improved at all.

Dont think he even wants to be here, he always seems to be banging on about playing for Madrid, but he's been given the opportunity to go on loan to prove to Madrid why they should keep him and hes done what..? Nothing, not even in the starting line up for a club with awful midfielders.

He's a coaster, probably has the talent to succeed but not the application or determination.

Arsenal have to take a pass on him, he will go to Betis or whoever, will have a good few games a year but there is no way Madrid will want him.

Somewhat shocked there is posters who want to keep him, he has been behind Xhaka and Elneny in the pecking order, 2yrs and he cannot dislodge Xhaka, swear if he wasnt on loan from Real Madrid no one would have any belief in him.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He annoyed me in the first half. Seemed like he couldn’t find Ødegaard but he improved a lot in the second. I don’t like him and I still think we can do a lot better than him but he was okay today.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
His passing between the lines was really on point today, and also some vital interceptions. Played the pre-assist for the chance that Aubameyang missed too.

Quality game from him, hope he keepts it up

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Good performance. The only thing that was lacking is that Saka barely got into the game apart from short bursts. I'm just not sure on who to put this. Was it Ceballos, Oddeegaard or did Saka just not move well enough?

Zaza

Put some good slide rule passes but later started that bad habit of his taking too many touches.
He had a good game but can do better attacking wise.
I don't think his defensive work gets talked about enough.

CountChocula

Some nice passes to split the defence, but Ceballos was lacking the confidence or the athleticism to do Partey's powerful, driving runs through midfield today. This caused our attack to be much more dependent on attacking down the flanks and slowed our attack down.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
When he's on form he can make good incisive passes, I just wonder if he's too lacking in physique, I mean he's one of the least athletic players i've ever seen. A midfield's purpose is essentially to get the ball from defence to attack, ideally as quickly as possible, we need a top quality midfielder who can do that either with their dribbling or quick passing. Looking at the game yesterday i'm not sure Ceballos or Xhaka is that player.

He's not bad, but i'm not sure he takes you to the Champions League.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
One of the players most similar to Ceballos stats wise is Boubakary Soumare, who's a much better athlete, could just buy him instead.

https://fbref.com/en/players/c0617e2b/Dani-Ceballos
I don't know. I saw him against Ajax yesterday and didn't see him do anything of note. Think it was the same last year against Ajax.

Looks decent enough in YouTube videos, but not sure if he's what we need. Sanches played with more intensity for instance (not that I want him necessarily).

Could also be partially due to crap tactics at Lille.

That being said, I definitely don't want Ceballos permanently just because he's a known player. He hasn't shown enough. Get rid at the end of the year and scout a CM that's physicall and technically better.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I don't know. I saw him against Ajax yesterday and didn't see him do anything of note. Think it was the same last year against Ajax.

Looks decent enough in YouTube videos, but not sure if he's what we need. Sanches played with more intensity for instance (not that I want him necessarily).

Could also be partially due to crap tactics at Lille.

That being said, I definitely don't want Ceballos permanently just because he's a known player. He hasn't shown enough. Get rid at the end of the year and scout a CM that's physicall and technically better.

Fair enough, just know that somewhere out there is a 22-23 year old CM who'll be one of the next great midfielders, just need to find that guy. Pretty sure Camavinga/Gravenberch will be that, but they're 18 and probably out of our reach. Ceballos is fine but surely we can do better.

teamsoutheast

When he's on form he can make good incisive passes, I just wonder if he's too lacking in physique, I mean he's one of the least athletic players i've ever seen. A midfield's purpose is essentially to get the ball from defence to attack, ideally as quickly as possible, we need a top quality midfielder who can do that either with their dribbling or quick passing. Looking at the game yesterday i'm not sure Ceballos or Xhaka is that player.

He's not bad, but i'm not sure he takes you to the Champions League.

Guendouzi is much worse than Ceballos in terms of athleticism. Ceballos actually isn't that bad athletically.

teamsoutheast

Ceballos is a decent player. Very skillful. He will be really good by the time he's 27 IMO. I'd be happy to keep him. He's probably the closest player we have had to Santi Cazorla in terms of technique. He had a good game against Benfica. What people fail to understand is that he links our midfield to the attack nicely. We have needed that balance in midfield for a long time.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Guendouzi is much worse than Ceballos in terms of athleticism. Ceballos actually isn't that bad athletically.

Hm c'mon he's not good athletically, he has qualities but athleticism isn't one of them, although he does try. One of my favourite sights in football is when Ceballos lets a ball run across his body but then he realises it's run a bit too far so he has to chase after it, Ceballos chasing after a ball looks like a man trying to run through mud on ice skates.

I think he's a perfectly good squad player and I agree he'll be a good midfielder when he's 27, I'm just not sure it's a priority to spend 20-25m on him this summer when we need starting quality in midfield.

teamsoutheast

Hm c'mon he's not good athletically, he has qualities but athleticism isn't one of them, although he does try. One of my favourite sights in football is when Ceballos lets a ball run across his body but then he realises it's run a bit too far so he has to chase after it, Ceballos chasing after a ball looks like a man trying to run through mud on ice skates.

I think he's a perfectly good squad player and I agree he'll be a good midfielder when he's 27, I'm just not sure it's a priority to spend 20-25m on him this summer when we need starting quality in midfield.

It's not so much starting quality we need. It's balance. I would say both Torrieira and Xhaka are both 'starting quality', but the balance of playing them both is awful. If you look at a team like Leicester for example, they have a well balanced team which is why they have done so well over the past 2 seasons. Our balance has been all over the place for a long time now especially in midfield and we are slowly begining to rectify this.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He does a lot of running, closing down, tackling, etc, etc but considering he seems to be the main guy in midfield he doesn't do a lot of dictating play. He doesn't set the tempo. He's kinda just there, similar with Xhaka. Neither are gonna really control games, both will do a lot of the basics well but you're asking for more.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Ceballos - MOTM I thought. Important block to stop a goal scoring chance. Made many tackles, worked hard, good link up play. Brilliant pass picked out to Bellerin to set up PEA for the sitter.

If we went on form rather than player status then Partey might find it hard to get back into the team.

Last edited:

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
He's done nothing from September to January as per usual. Now that we're approaching the spring he's starting to put in one or two (and I mean that literally) good performances and everyone wants to keep him.

How many times are we going to fall for this? We can't keep relying on purple patch players.

Anyone ever think why we have great highlight reels for Wenger teams from 2009-2012 but were nowhere near the title? Because those guys, Nasri, Arshavin, Song and the rest only used to turn it on for two months out of a 9 month season and not even at the same time.

Let's not add Ceballos to their ranks by signing him permanently.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom