• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Neither do I but still think he's good as a fourth fifth choice squad player. Many players of his level would struggle against this city side without sufficient match fitness.
Don't see it. Nothing against the guy but I don't want someone who won't pass the ball forwards playing for this club.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
For someone who has been heralded for his tactical acumen, Arteta’s taste in players is scary. I know some people still haven’t forgiven Emery but no way would he trust Elneny as much as Arteta has. I don’t care how much of a bastard Guendouzi is, it’s him over Elneny. Where’s Azeez when you need him?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Ceballos should've started. I don't see the point in this player. Pablo Mari was playing more advanced than him at times. :lol:

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Is he the most mediocre player we've ever had? I know there's stiff competition with the likes of Sanogo, but he has to be right up there as the most limited player we've ever fielded.

Before someone says Xhaka, Mustafi, their best games were a level above what Elneny is ever capable of.

say yes

forum master baiter
I’d sell him for a packet of quavers if I could.

Absolutely pointless footballer. Only reason to start him is if all our other CMs are injured. And even then the minutes would be much better used developing someone like Azeez.

GoonerJay24

Over the top criticism towards Elneny yet again who actually wasn't too bad yesterday.

At the end of the day I wouldn't have started him against City but with Partey injured, Ceballos resting and Arteta not bringing in another midfielder Elnenys all we've got currently.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

El Neny is better than Torreira. He wasn’t even bad vs City dunno why he gets so much vitriol, well I know why but I won’t say.
Unlike you to not say.

For what it's worth, Arteta got the midfield right and Elneny did exactly what he was supposed to do. Can't really blame Arteta for the Sterling header - without that it's 0-0.

Where Arteta went wrong in my opinion is Ceballos or maybe ESR should have come on for Elneny a lot earlier when it was clear City eased off. Game management basically, same old story.

It's not a coincidence this guy starts against all the big teams, but people can't get past his lack of forward passing.

Polar Bear

I really don't like Elneny and Xhaxa playing together in the middle, its so negative, I feel like every time we played those 2 together we have been on the back foot from the start of the match and never really create much chances at all.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Unlike you to not say.

For what it's worth, Arteta got the midfield right and Elneny did exactly what he was supposed to do. Can't really blame Arteta for the Sterling header - without that it's 0-0.

Where Arteta went wrong in my opinion is Ceballos or maybe ESR should have come on for Elneny a lot earlier when it was clear City eased off. Game management basically, same old story.

It's not a coincidence this guy starts against all the big teams, but people can't get past his lack of forward passing.

It’s obvious though, and I don’t wanna get into that discussion today even though usually I’d love to.

El Neny is no Zidane but he’s not the reason we lose, our fullbacks cost us a lot more than we’d like to admit.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I really don't like Elneny and Xhaxa playing together in the middle, its so negative, I feel like every time we played those 2 together we have been on the back foot from the start of the match and never really create much chances at all.
Not defending them, there were clearly opportunities to pass to players in space or our technically secure players under a bit of pressure and they chose not to.

However, I am actually not mad at that pairing if there are injuries and against clearly better teams. Which is exactly what happened yesterday.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It’s obvious though, and I don’t wanna get into that discussion today even though usually I’d love to.

El Neny is no Zidane but he’s not the reason we lose, our fullbacks cost us a lot more than we’d like to admit.
I've gone down that path in the past and it's not worth lol. I find it better to call out things I can prove or quote if there's a source now.

I hear you though Tierney definitely wasn't good, but he does have credit in the bank, plus he is coming back from injury.

say yes

forum master baiter
Hearing rumours people don't rate him because he's a coward who can't progress the ball through midfield.

Nothing even to do with how he performed yesterday. He did ok at his task. But he's just a sub-par midfielder. Never going to bother the opposition with the ball.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom