• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
If you bring ten haag you bring Overmars too sack edu but that's mean we returned to starting point of rebuilding. It's tough we really need stability.
Not a big fan of Overmars to be honest, I think I've pointed out several times on this forum that he rarely manages to create a balanced squad and has had to rely on the inventiveness of his coaches to remedy the imbalance (Bosz: Sinkgraven to LB just an example) or he spends too much money on very average players from the domestic league (Klaiber, Labyad).

His recent dealings have been quite good, though, in terms of finding talented players like Kudus and Antony and there is always risk involved so it can happen that players don't really work out. Still, the list of poor transfers in the last few years is quite long: Promes, Marin, Pierie, Orejuela, Kristensen, Wöber, Siem de Jong, Cassierra, Bandé, Labyad, Magallan, etc.

In terms of coaches I would be really happy with both Ten Hag and Bosz. Have been a fan of both.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Anyone who knows the situation on Favre? Seemed like a good coach, what went wrong at BVB and what would he bring to Arsenal?

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
I'm not an Arsenal fan so I hope Midtable Mikel stays with you as long as possible.

But if I take my United hat off for a minute and pretend I was running your club - I'd avoid the 'flavour of the moment, hipster' choices like Nagelsmann and get back to basics.

You need someone who knows the league for a start but NOT a dinosaur like Mourinho. Rodgers is the obvious candidate. He knows the Premier League, has experience of managing huge clubs like Liverpool and Celtic. Plays lovely football. Has Leicester punching above their weight again. Believes in youth and bringing through players from the academy. And he'd join Arsenal if you offered him the right package, transfer kitty and vision of getting you back to the top table of football.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm not an Arsenal fan so I hope Midtable Mikel stays with you as long as possible.

But if I take my United hat off for a minute and pretend I was running your club - I'd avoid the 'flavour of the moment, hipster' choices like Nagelsmann and get back to basics.

You need someone who knows the league for a start but NOT a dinosaur like Mourinho. Rodgers is the obvious candidate. He knows the Premier League, has experience of managing huge clubs like Liverpool and Celtic. Plays lovely football. Has Leicester punching above their weight again. Believes in youth and bringing through players from the academy. And he'd join Arsenal if you offered him the right package, transfer kitty and vision of getting you back to the top table of football.

Think Nagelsmann is a level above us right now in terms of the clubs who’ll be after him.

Noise around that Barca, Bayern and Madrid are after him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Rodgers is the obvious candidate. He knows the Premier League, has experience of managing huge clubs like Liverpool and Celtic. Plays lovely football. Has Leicester punching above their weight again. Believes in youth and bringing through players from the academy. And he'd join Arsenal if you offered him the right package, transfer kitty and vision of getting you back to the top table of football.

There's the problem!

Don't know why he would leave Leicester for us anyway...if he gets Leicester into the Champions League, then he will already have achieved the max he could here, as Arsenal are not going to win the league with our structure...if he comes here he could ruin all his good work, kinda liked what happened at Liverpool...think he will stay at
Leicester, unless a City/Liverpool/United offer him a job.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
There's the problem!

Don't know why he would leave Leicester for us anyway...if he gets Leicester into the Champions League, then he will already have achieved the max he could here, as Arsenal are not going to win the league with our structure...if he comes here he could ruin all his good work, kinda liked what happened at Liverpool...think he will stay at
Leicester, unless a City/Liverpool/United offer him a job.
Good points.

But I think Rodgers' ego couldn't resist the lure of Arsenal, getting them back to the good times and obviously living in London as a millionaire has big advantages over living in Leicester.

If you're a manager at a club like Leicester, you simply don't turn down an offer from the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd or Liverpool.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not a big fan of Overmars to be honest, I think I've pointed out several times on this forum that he rarely manages to create a balanced squad and has had to rely on the inventiveness of his coaches to remedy the imbalance (Bosz: Sinkgraven to LB just an example) or he spends too much money on very average players from the domestic league (Klaiber, Labyad).

His recent dealings have been quite good, though, in terms of finding talented players like Kudus and Antony and there is always risk involved so it can happen that players don't really work out. Still, the list of poor transfers in the last few years is quite long: Promes, Marin, Pierie, Orejuela, Kristensen, Wöber, Siem de Jong, Cassierra, Bandé, Labyad, Magallan, etc.

In terms of coaches I would be really happy with both Ten Hag and Bosz. Have been a fan of both.
Bosz see not suited for PL football just like Ralph hasenhüttl he love to play high line little cars about defending it may be big problem in PL

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Talking about new manager is useless i think the club gonna give Arteta another season unless things turned very ugly again specially if we out from europa league and can't push for top 6 finish.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I like the Erik ten Hag idea. Ajax to Arsenal is a reasonable step up. 9 years, 377 games managed, 236 wins, over 800 goals scored, that's good experience but with the best yet to come. Attacking style of play, can bring some good players with him.

We're not a prime destination for the top managers any more, ten Hag looks like one with the best track record who's still consider us a step up.
Exactly! He has that classical Barcelona / Arsenal DNA style of playing. Having connections with Ajax is the best could happen. I want a manager capable of playing young players with some experienced ones. He did that at Ajax. He literally said he will leave Ajax this summer. Dortmund went for gladbach manager so they want him.

I think we can compete with them for him. We actually need a manager like him to retain our youngsters.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I like the Erik ten Hag idea. Ajax to Arsenal is a reasonable step up. 9 years, 377 games managed, 236 wins, over 800 goals scored, that's good experience but with the best yet to come. Attacking style of play, can bring some good players with him.

We're not a prime destination for the top managers any more, ten Hag looks like one with the best track record who's still consider us a step up.
And BTW I rate him more than some "top" managers. Doing what he does is like Bielsa job. Working from the bottom with no money, reaching CL semis with hard work. That's more valuable than reaching semis with PSG with unlimited money like loser Tuchel did.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Generally speaking, you’ll say we don’t have the power to attract the blockbuster names as they’ll expect big budgets. We probably won’t go for another young choice after Arteta - which leaves Rodgers as the stand out choice really.

Would come here, would work under restrictions as he’s doing that already at Leicester etc. Only thing you’ll say is that Leicester is probably the best run club in the country with maybe the best scouting system in the country - which gives Rodgers a very very stable environment, while we’re a an absolute circus and a disgrace really.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Parker has been massively impressive, hope he gets a good job after Fulham.

Lookman maybe one of the signings of the season, one of the more exciting players in the league.

mma

Juve are probably sacking Pirlo at the end of the season and bringing him back
Nah, they had a chance to do that last summer and chose a rookie over him.

Zidane will probably go there and then Allegri to either RM, Arsenal, Milan, Inter or Roma.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Anyone who knows the situation on Favre? Seemed like a good coach, what went wrong at BVB and what would he bring to Arsenal?

Good football prof but always better punching above his weigth against big guys, not able to get teams over the line to win anything, Dortmund have been doing dodgy transfer business for a while now.

=> Combination of bad business by a management still thinking they're better than they actually are and a manager who just didn't fit in at Dortmund and while being a very decent manager hasn't shown he can give clear title contenders the mental edge they need to actually challenge.

That all said...I wanted him right after Wenger, but turns out in hindsight it would've probably looked like the Dortmund situation. The situation Arsenal currently is in: Think he might not be such a bad fit.

Would I hire him if Arsenal were still a top 4 club and close to title contenders? Probably not. Would I hire him now that Arsenal has fallen to midtable, needs to punch above their weigth and the target is to get back into top 4? I'd definitely call him.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Would Rogers come here? What maanger leaves a team they've got into the CL to come to a team outside of Europe all together?

I know we're a bit exceptional but still

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Parker has been massively impressive, hope he gets a good job after Fulham.

Lookman maybe one of the signings of the season, one of the more exciting players in the league.

We should go in for Lookman in the summer. Was impressed with him at Everton but he’s stepped up a level now.

RB Leipzig clearly done with him. Wilf vibes where he’s always making something happen from the wing even if his stats aren’t blowing you away.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Would Rogers come here? What maanger leaves a team they've got into the CL to come to a team outside of Europe all together?

I know we're a bit exceptional but still

No he would not. It'd take Leicester falling out of the top 4 again and us winning the EL and thus qualifying for the CL for it to even become a possibility, it'd make no sense. He's at a more ambitious club currently.

Top Bottom