• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Blaze is tired you can see it :lol:

It's been a long season where most of us are ready for it to end I guess.

Arteta really changed this forum lmao. I remember when there was a few posters that were known as negative and trolls (myself included) now most of the forum have lost patience.

Can't say I'm shocked though, between how crap we've been this season and covid football it's all pretty shyte. I don't even know how most of us cope but I still look forward to Arsenal games as one of the highlights of my week.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's an effort for me to get the stadium, so I haven't been in a while. Just left with my Arteta membership playing cards and a sad feeling of mid table resignation.

BigPoppaPump

It's true though, teams like Crystal Palace are mid-table clubs. Not Arsenal, not yet.

I know it's true that's why I said he's pointing out the obvious :lol:

The only reason we're all so pissed off is because we're not a midtable team but we've been midtable/relegation most of the season. Arsenal should not be getting happy about improving from relegation form to midtable form, that's for the Crystal Palace and WBA's of the world.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Less of a laughing stock now that we’ve become a midtable club? That’s a new one :lol:.
No, it makes sense, because we haven’t got some almighty invincible failing manager at the helm now. Wenger was a ****ing side show towards the end. All he served was to occasionally divert attention away from the players. He’s gone now and nobody expects us to win anything.

BigPoppaPump

No, it makes sense, because we haven’t got some almighty invincible failing manager at the helm now. Wenger was a ****ing side show towards the end. All he served was to occasionally divert attention away from the players. He’s gone now and nobody expects us to win anything.

"People had higher standards for us under Arsène which now there is none"

Iceman10

Established Member
All the marginalised players quoted above apart from the loaned players have not really taken their chances to be honest. AMN has been poor all season and take time to watch him WestBrom to understand. Martinelli since the Chelsea game and few substitute performances has been average and still creeping into form. The expectation on top 6-8 is okay but we have a lot of games to go and we can get there. For me, it is how we play that matters. That is going to be the basis of our transfer window and who we bring in to fit in.

In this part of your comment you start by saying AaMN has been poor all season. He was hardly played after having a great end of season last season being one of our best players. What happened? What has been the role of the manager? You bring up Martinelli, Pepe, and others not playing well enough to take away over-reliance on Saka and ESR but this all also goes on several players rather than questioning sone responsibility of the manager to get more out of them.

If you are detaching manager responsibility from players being poor as you see it then you are basically saying these players are deadwood also because management can’t extract anything good enough from them. That can’t be right can it? We can’t afford as a club to make even these players deadwood. I see this is where you are headed when you talk about transfers without regard to understanding how our transfer budget will be hit if we don’t qualify for EL. Being out of even that tourney, not even CL, costs us 40m.

I don't want to subscribe to this its all doom , he must go and get someone else mantra. We know he is not getting sacked now. Even if he does , I can see what he is doing for another manager to inherit. The amount of deadwood this club has been carrying is criminal.

Reference to “doom and gloom” is a red herring. Conditionality of a manager getting another season based on a minimum requirement is not “doom and gloom”. It is dispassionate by design, just as there was conditionality on Arsène Wenger to get back into the CL in his final season which he failed to do and all was closed off when we were knocked out in the EL.

All that is going on here is resistance to moving goalposts *if* Arteta fails to qualify for EL for next season. Not only would a finish of around 10th place be unacceptable if it happens but Arteta also seems to be someone who needs big transfer budgets and if he’s going to end up with a reduced transfer budget after falling out of EL then we would need a different manager with a different philosophy to achieve something similar to Brendan Rodgers. Arteta does not have experience at lower budget clubs where you have to be more flexible and creative to get the most out of what you have to work with rather than marginalising so many players.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Not exactly the result to compare Arteta with Wenger's later years here.

We'd definitely have been more potent going forward under later years Wenger I'm not going to deny that. The problem is we'd probably have conceded 4-5 with how open we'd have played.

It's not a huge sample size but Arteta is a better tactician against top end teams than later years Wenger was. I think that's hard to dispute, even for non Arteta fans.
did u watch the 2017 FA Cup final?

BigPoppaPump

I know deep down you rate me as a poster.

Just saw this posted in the Gunners subreddit and make me realise why you love nostalgia so much, hope we get something like this again :(

sw57gabyk7j61.png

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
So basically you just personally disliked Arsène Wenger and don't care what happens to Arsenal has long as he's not here anymore. So weird to hate a manager hat brought so much success to Arsenal but I guess that's what you get when dealing with weirdo old men like yourself and Claude.

Arsenal now is worse then we ever were under Arsène, there's nothing exciting in our games. At least with Arsène you knew he could get us back into the top 4, wtf can Arteta do?
Why does it have to be a personal or irrational hatred ffs? Is it easier for your brain to process stuff that way? I stated clearly why I just wanted Wenger gone and you decided to make it something else.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
did u watch the 2017 FA Cup final?

I'm not saying there were no good big game performances under later years Wenger, there were a handful of standouts.

So far Arteta has been better in big games overall, that's all I'm saying.

Top Bottom