• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fifa 21

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Em03ITsXIAEWkAq

Apparently Dua Lipa is in the new FIFA game. :confused:

Imagine the rage being beaten by someone with a last minute winner from a ****ing pop star. :lol:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
EA better hope they didn't **** up here o_O

As someone who has started to play and enjoy PES 21 on the Xbox I would love it if EA's monoply on licencing came to an end and licences be shared and not just available to the highest bidder however, news like this will only end up hurting the fans as always.

I imagine Zlatan has seen how much David Beckham is getting for being in Fifa for the next 3 yrs and wants in on the action but this is what happened to boxing, fighters started wanting individual cuts and deals which resulted in Fight Night becoming a nightmare to licence and just to expensive to make so it stopped being made.

Again, it will only hurt the fans if this doesnt get ironed out, I fully agree with what Ibra is saying and they should be paying to make money off of him but if every player wants money then even the cash cow that is Fifa will struggle to sort this, imagine having to pay every player in the game individually, Fifa will end up cutting multiple leagues and players from the game.

I wouldnt be surprised if this gets dealt with very quickly and quietly between EA and Zlatan and they pay him a large fee to shut up before it snowballs :lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
As someone who has started to play and enjoy PES 21 on the Xbox I would love it if EA's monoply on licencing came to an end and licences be shared and not just available to the highest bidder however, news like this will only end up hurting the fans as always.

I imagine Zlatan has seen how much David Beckham is getting for being in Fifa for the next 3 yrs and wants in on the action but this is what happened to boxing, fighters started wanting individual cuts and deals which resulted in Fight Night becoming a nightmare to licence and just to expensive to make so it stopped being made.

Again, it will only hurt the fans if this doesnt get ironed out, I fully agree with what Ibra is saying and they should be paying to make money off of him but if every player wants money then even the cash cow that is Fifa will struggle to sort this, imagine having to pay every player in the game individually, Fifa will end up cutting multiple leagues and players from the game.

I wouldnt be surprised if this gets dealt with very quickly and quietly between EA and Zlatan and they pay him a large fee to shut up before it snowballs :lol:
Given that there are pictures of Zlatan smiling with his FUT cards, I'm not so sure this will go where he hopes it will.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Given that there are pictures of Zlatan smiling with his FUT cards, I'm not so sure this will go where he hopes it will.

From what I've read; apparently hes in the wrong on a lot of what hes said, Milan signed an exclusive deal as a featured club in Fifa which includes players, kits, badges etc and that was announced a few months back so not sure how hes missed the news.

I imagine he will still get a token gesture from EA but by the sounds of things and statements realised by EA the FifPro thing is legit and if he has an issue he needs to speak to them about it.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I find myself always strongly agreeing with your posts. I absolutely hate fifa's monopoly on the football game market. I was a PES player from PES 1-5 (PES 2 maybe one of my most played games of all time), then moved to Fifa 06 on. Its weird because I have been buying Fifa for years now but actually hate the game. EA put no effort into anything but Ultimate team. The bring out crap modes like The Journey and Volta so they can wow people at E3 and their adverts but they are essentially black holes of bullshit and manipulation. The most fun game mode in Fifa: pro clubs has had hardly any change since FUT came out in 2010, its been a decade. FUT is their cash cow, and they have built that entire mode around making people spend money. They've turned Fifa into a competitive game but with an aspect of pay to win, this is all carefully done so people pull out their credit cards. And don't get me started on the opening of packs essentially being gambling for kids, hits the same sort of receptors and gets them hooked.

I gameshared fifa 21 off my friend for like £15 because I refused to buy it for retail, I will never spend a penny again within Fifa also. I bought that Pes squad update version instead, I admittedly never play either but did it more as a protest haha.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I find myself always strongly agreeing with your posts. I absolutely hate fifa's monopoly on the football game market. I was a PES player from PES 1-5 (PES 2 maybe one of my most played games of all time), then moved to Fifa 06 on. Its weird because I have been buying Fifa for years now but actually hate the game. EA put no effort into anything but Ultimate team. The bring out crap modes like The Journey and Volta so they can wow people at E3 and their adverts but they are essentially black holes of bullshit and manipulation. The most fun game mode in Fifa: pro clubs has had hardly any change since FUT came out in 2010, its been a decade. FUT is their cash cow, and they have built that entire mode around making people spend money. They've turned Fifa into a competitive game but with an aspect of pay to win, this is all carefully done so people pull out their credit cards. And don't get me started on the opening of packs essentially being gambling for kids, hits the same sort of receptors and gets them hooked.

I gameshared fifa 21 off my friend for like £15 because I refused to buy it for retail, I will never spend a penny again within Fifa also. I bought that Pes squad update version instead, I admittedly never play either but did it more as a protest haha.

Since I wrote this comment I have stopped playing PES; it is unfortunately worse than Fifa, at first there is a honeymoon phase where the game seems to play excellent but then the flaws start to appear, ie invisible walls stopping you from moving to the ball, awful AI defending etc, its a bad game, one where I cannot understand how the flaws made it into a football game as they are so bad.

Problem is, I'm sure EA know this, they know PES isn't better than Fifa and to further push them infront they have the monopoly on licensing which PES cannot compete with and probably will never be able to compete with.

The result; two poor football games in general, unfortunately Fifa is the better game but like you said it might as well just be called Fifa FUT as thats all the game is, I used to love playing pro clubs, I agree its easily the most fun mode and should be where the pro scene is at but its flawed and is crap.

The potential of Pro Clubs is huge, 11 vs 11 humans, if marketed right this could take up a professional gaming space, people for whatever reason seem to enjoy watching pro gamers/gaming competitions, Pro Clubs done right should be the future, could you imagine being the best LB in the world on Pro Clubs, we've already seen real football teams hiring gamers for esports, what if Werder Bremen for example signed 11 gamers to there Fifa esports team, actually spending real transfer budgets on the best LB in the world for your esports club and the LB getting a wage.

They literally just have to follow a real football model, host competitions ie Champions League, which you qualify for from your domestic league etc.

Its all there, Pro Clubs could replicate real football but instead they choose to boost FUT year after year as thats where the money is.

Volta is the test field for when FUT packs get banned, its coming, more and more countries are against it, sooner or later EA will have to change the cash cow and it will be a mix of two things, FUT turning into that seasons thing which is in Fortnite and Fifa currently has but isnt that important at the moment and the other will be cosmetics, FUT and Volta are heavily loaded with cosmetics (skins) for stadiums, pitches, clothes etc, soon badges and kits will be sold for cash and players will have to be grinded for when packs are banned.

Then and only then they might move to and improve Pro Clubs only cos they can sell pink football boots and pink afros etc.

Saying all that, I still play Fifa, I just play regular seasons now, its enough for me to get a football fix, still can be frustrating but thats all Fifa is for me these days, a few games a week.

Shame really that no football game on the market is satisfactory and both games just piss people off, but then I'm not sure if that is due to everyone and everything being online based and everyone believing they are top 10 in the world at Fifa :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Since I wrote this comment I have stopped playing PES; it is unfortunately worse than Fifa, at first there is a honeymoon phase where the game seems to play excellent but then the flaws start to appear, ie invisible walls stopping you from moving to the ball, awful AI defending etc, its a bad game, one where I cannot understand how the flaws made it into a football game as they are so bad.

Problem is, I'm sure EA know this, they know PES isn't better than Fifa and to further push them infront they have the monopoly on licensing which PES cannot compete with and probably will never be able to compete with.

The result; two poor football games in general, unfortunately Fifa is the better game but like you said it might as well just be called Fifa FUT as thats all the game is, I used to love playing pro clubs, I agree its easily the most fun mode and should be where the pro scene is at but its flawed and is crap.

The potential of Pro Clubs is huge, 11 vs 11 humans, if marketed right this could take up a professional gaming space, people for whatever reason seem to enjoy watching pro gamers/gaming competitions, Pro Clubs done right should be the future, could you imagine being the best LB in the world on Pro Clubs, we've already seen real football teams hiring gamers for esports, what if Werder Bremen for example signed 11 gamers to there Fifa esports team, actually spending real transfer budgets on the best LB in the world for your esports club and the LB getting a wage.

They literally just have to follow a real football model, host competitions ie Champions League, which you qualify for from your domestic league etc.

Its all there, Pro Clubs could replicate real football but instead they choose to boost FUT year after year as thats where the money is.

Volta is the test field for when FUT packs get banned, its coming, more and more countries are against it, sooner or later EA will have to change the cash cow and it will be a mix of two things, FUT turning into that seasons thing which is in Fortnite and Fifa currently has but isnt that important at the moment and the other will be cosmetics, FUT and Volta are heavily loaded with cosmetics (skins) for stadiums, pitches, clothes etc, soon badges and kits will be sold for cash and players will have to be grinded for when packs are banned.

Then and only then they might move to and improve Pro Clubs only cos they can sell pink football boots and pink afros etc.

Saying all that, I still play Fifa, I just play regular seasons now, its enough for me to get a football fix, still can be frustrating but thats all Fifa is for me these days, a few games a week.

Shame really that no football game on the market is satisfactory and both games just piss people off, but then I'm not sure if that is due to everyone and everything being online based and everyone believing they are top 10 in the world at Fifa :lol:
Yeah that's been the issue for a long time. EA are vampires tryna suck us dry while Konami are quite passionate about making a good game but don't have the resources or ability to do so. Fifa definitely has better gameplay than PES, although it has its own glaring issues. I have realised recently that the meta always present in the game is there on purpose. They always make sure there is something OP in the game that people can abuse, its gotten to the stage where they must be doing it on purpose because how hard is it to make a balanced game when you're a multi billion dollar company making such a massive game.

I never thought of Pro Clubs in that light! That thing about clubs having pro clubs teams is really cool. I've always thought that they could sell cosmetics in pro clubs so that the greedy ****ers can at least monetise that and put some time into improving it. But I think they don't want to take any risks, theyve got a pay to win game which makes them millions of dollars and must be one of the most lucrative game modes on the planet. It's just sickening how the game is, its so easy to see their tricks and the way they want to kill most parts of the game so everyone goes to FUT, it works perfectly for them.

I have been saying since Fortnite came out, that EA are such a scammy type company (and thats probably why they were voted most evil company in the world a few times). Think about it, why is FUT within the Fifa game??? Ultimate Team has free download written all over it. Fortnite is free and isnt even pay to win. Fifa is pay to win, £60 on release, and you lose all your progress and money spent in FUT when the next fifa comes out. Ultimate team should clearly be seperate to Fifa. And if they did that then they would actually have to put time into making game modes like Pro Clubs and Career Mode good as no one would buy the game. But of course, why would they change something which makes them so much money? FUT is a daylight robbery scam which they get away with, no need for them to change. I have been praying the government kill this game once and for all by banning these packs.

And yeah I find myself playing seasons a lot, the normal one. The engine is way less prone to abusing mechanics and it isnt about how much of daddy's money you have spent :lol:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah that's been the issue for a long time. EA are vampires tryna suck us dry while Konami are quite passionate about making a good game but don't have the resources or ability to do so. Fifa definitely has better gameplay than PES, although it has its own glaring issues. I have realised recently that the meta always present in the game is there on purpose. They always make sure there is something OP in the game that people can abuse, its gotten to the stage where they must be doing it on purpose because how hard is it to make a balanced game when you're a multi billion dollar company making such a massive game.

I never thought of Pro Clubs in that light! That thing about clubs having pro clubs teams is really cool. I've always thought that they could sell cosmetics in pro clubs so that the greedy ****ers can at least monetise that and put some time into improving it. But I think they don't want to take any risks, theyve got a pay to win game which makes them millions of dollars and must be one of the most lucrative game modes on the planet. It's just sickening how the game is, its so easy to see their tricks and the way they want to kill most parts of the game so everyone goes to FUT, it works perfectly for them.

I have been saying since Fortnite came out, that EA are such a scammy type company (and thats probably why they were voted most evil company in the world a few times). Think about it, why is FUT within the Fifa game??? Ultimate Team has free download written all over it. Fortnite is free and isnt even pay to win. Fifa is pay to win, £60 on release, and you lose all your progress and money spent in FUT when the next fifa comes out. Ultimate team should clearly be seperate to Fifa. And if they did that then they would actually have to put time into making game modes like Pro Clubs and Career Mode good as no one would buy the game. But of course, why would they change something which makes them so much money? FUT is a daylight robbery scam which they get away with, no need for them to change. I have been praying the government kill this game once and for all by banning these packs.

And yeah I find myself playing seasons a lot, the normal one. The engine is way less prone to abusing mechanics and it isnt about how much of daddy's money you have spent :lol:

First off, enjoying the discussiom, secondly I have to disagree with you about Konami/PES; they are no better than EA and given the chance I believe would operate similar to EA if they could, the reason they cant take the piss to that extent right now is the player base for PES is already low and they cant take the hit.

The meta in Fifa is a tricky one for me, pace has always been the meta which EA have never balanced however even if they did I truly believe the community would find other ways to exploit.

I've been playing FUT since day 1 when it cost £10.99 I believe (and crashed within hours :lol:) and the meta started to appear at a similar time as YouTube and gaming became a thing, before people were using a massive mix of players, silvers were useable etc but then YouTube went nuts and meta squads and exploits were being posted online constantly and the meta was born.

All the exploits in the game you will find on YouTube within hours, its why 99% of games feel the same, as people arent figuring it out for themselves, they will lose a game or two and rush to YouTube to copy a YouTubers tactics which will be anti football and exploit to the max, its why formations are always the same, player selections all the same, drop back tactics, counter attack etc etc, its why 532 is now the go to formation, why 352 was the goto a year or so ago and 4231 the years before that.

FUT could potentially become a subscription only model when packs get banned, where they charge monthly and no resets on your clubs etc BUT if that was to happen I wouldnt be surprised to see the rest of the game suffer and die, they will still go where the money is and will have no interest in improving the modes that dont make money.

What console do you play seasons on?

One last thing, I think the 'daddys money' argument will shock you, I really dont believe its kids spending on FUT, its always been a put down in FUT, people claiming 'go spend on daddys credit card' etc but I really do think its not kids its people with their own money and jobs. Its 2021, I got two kids and I'd notice within minutes if they were spending online and I imagine it goes for a lot of people, the people spending the real money in FUT are adults unfortunately, god look at the YouTubers, they will drop 5k on packs just for easy contect for their channel, that is where the money is, not little Timmy who spends his £5 pocket money, to get one decent player, early on in FUT you need to spend £100+ or get extremely lucky.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
First off, enjoying the discussiom, secondly I have to disagree with you about Konami/PES; they are no better than EA and given the chance I believe would operate similar to EA if they could, the reason they cant take the piss to that extent right now is the player base for PES is already low and they cant take the hit.

The meta in Fifa is a tricky one for me, pace has always been the meta which EA have never balanced however even if they did I truly believe the community would find other ways to exploit.

I've been playing FUT since day 1 when it cost £10.99 I believe (and crashed within hours :lol:) and the meta started to appear at a similar time as YouTube and gaming became a thing, before people were using a massive mix of players, silvers were useable etc but then YouTube went nuts and meta squads and exploits were being posted online constantly and the meta was born.

All the exploits in the game you will find on YouTube within hours, its why 99% of games feel the same, as people arent figuring it out for themselves, they will lose a game or two and rush to YouTube to copy a YouTubers tactics which will be anti football and exploit to the max, its why formations are always the same, player selections all the same, drop back tactics, counter attack etc etc, its why 532 is now the go to formation, why 352 was the goto a year or so ago and 4231 the years before that.

FUT could potentially become a subscription only model when packs get banned, where they charge monthly and no resets on your clubs etc BUT if that was to happen I wouldnt be surprised to see the rest of the game suffer and die, they will still go where the money is and will have no interest in improving the modes that dont make money.

What console do you play seasons on?

One last thing, I think the 'daddys money' argument will shock you, I really dont believe its kids spending on FUT, its always been a put down in FUT, people claiming 'go spend on daddys credit card' etc but I really do think its not kids its people with their own money and jobs. Its 2021, I got two kids and I'd notice within minutes if they were spending online and I imagine it goes for a lot of people, the people spending the real money in FUT are adults unfortunately, god look at the YouTubers, they will drop 5k on packs just for easy contect for their channel, that is where the money is, not little Timmy who spends his £5 pocket money, to get one decent player, early on in FUT you need to spend £100+ or get extremely lucky.
Yeah maybe you are right about Konami, I haven't played their recent games enough to cast judgement. I just thought that a Japanese company would at least take some pride in creating a game. But saying that, apparently Nintendo is one of the worst companies around and they are Japanese. I've seen a couple YT videos bashing them and their antics.

Yes the pace has always been there, in a way real life has copied fifa in the last 5 years, its so much about pace and physicality now that Fifa is actually accidentally realistic. But what I meant is actual mechanics such as 'timed finish', or when certain types of shots are OP e.g. finesse shots, near post etc. I would like if they were all balanced and quite even (apparently its more so in fifa21, but in the previous ones there were usually OP skills or shots that everyone did)

Yeh Youtube has certainly increased the competitive nature of Fifa. I think the entire gaming industry has gone that way when you look at gigantic games such as Fortnite and Warzone. These games really promote competitive try hard type gaming. There are big issues with the Call of Duty of this year (Cold War). The game's SPMM (skill based matchmaking) is so strict and on point that all the casual fun has been sucked out of the game. Most people hover over the 1 KD area and me being a 1.7kd kinda guy is sitting at 1.4. When you have a couple good games they put you in god lobbies, its like a chore. I havent touched the game in a couple months anyway. Ultimate team probably made the leap before these games did, with FUT Champs. I have geniunely hated Ultimate Team since Fut champs came out, it changed the scope of the game. Now you jump on as a casual and everyone has insane teams. And yeah I was thinking the other day about the formation thing, its so dumb when you think about it, that everyone is just using the same formation. I'm sure there were noticeably OP ones even back in Fifa 12 but places like YT weren't zooming into that and isolating it so much. The need to do so definitely increased since FUT champs.

I would happily let Fifa die, maybe it will suffer for a few years and another company come around, or Fifa fix their act up and restructure the game a bit. Its probably unlikely a new game comes around when I think about it though, the barriers to entry into that market due to licenseing costs is what caused this monopoly in the first place.

I play on PS4, will get a PS5 as my treat for finally getting my first career job after uni :lol:

I only say the 'daddy's money' thing because I was a kid myself in the early days of FUT. I started in Fifa 11 with FUT, and I must have been like 13 or something. I remember always using up any pocket money I had to buy packs. But yeh you're right, I wouldn't have so much money so would only spend like £40 a year on packs. The real issue began when I was at Uni and had the student loan coming in, I think me and my roomate spent like £600 on packs one year. I can only imagine what some people do when they are getting good money in a job. I'm sure some people spend hundreds a month on it, which is essentially gambling in a way. I feel like it probably pulls on the same receptors. But yeah you're right, Youtube has actually done so much for Ultimate team. These youtubers not only spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on fifa points themselves, they propogate a culture in which people follow suit and find joy in opening packs. Watching them open packs always used to make me want to do it myself :lol:.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah maybe you are right about Konami, I haven't played their recent games enough to cast judgement. I just thought that a Japanese company would at least take some pride in creating a game. But saying that, apparently Nintendo is one of the worst companies around and they are Japanese. I've seen a couple YT videos bashing them and their antics.

Yes the pace has always been there, in a way real life has copied fifa in the last 5 years, its so much about pace and physicality now that Fifa is actually accidentally realistic. But what I meant is actual mechanics such as 'timed finish', or when certain types of shots are OP e.g. finesse shots, near post etc. I would like if they were all balanced and quite even (apparently its more so in fifa21, but in the previous ones there were usually OP skills or shots that everyone did)

Yeh Youtube has certainly increased the competitive nature of Fifa. I think the entire gaming industry has gone that way when you look at gigantic games such as Fortnite and Warzone. These games really promote competitive try hard type gaming. There are big issues with the Call of Duty of this year (Cold War). The game's SPMM (skill based matchmaking) is so strict and on point that all the casual fun has been sucked out of the game. Most people hover over the 1 KD area and me being a 1.7kd kinda guy is sitting at 1.4. When you have a couple good games they put you in god lobbies, its like a chore. I havent touched the game in a couple months anyway. Ultimate team probably made the leap before these games did, with FUT Champs. I have geniunely hated Ultimate Team since Fut champs came out, it changed the scope of the game. Now you jump on as a casual and everyone has insane teams. And yeah I was thinking the other day about the formation thing, its so dumb when you think about it, that everyone is just using the same formation. I'm sure there were noticeably OP ones even back in Fifa 12 but places like YT weren't zooming into that and isolating it so much. The need to do so definitely increased since FUT champs.

I would happily let Fifa die, maybe it will suffer for a few years and another company come around, or Fifa fix their act up and restructure the game a bit. Its probably unlikely a new game comes around when I think about it though, the barriers to entry into that market due to licenseing costs is what caused this monopoly in the first place.

I play on PS4, will get a PS5 as my treat for finally getting my first career job after uni :lol:

I only say the 'daddy's money' thing because I was a kid myself in the early days of FUT. I started in Fifa 11 with FUT, and I must have been like 13 or something. I remember always using up any pocket money I had to buy packs. But yeh you're right, I wouldn't have so much money so would only spend like £40 a year on packs. The real issue began when I was at Uni and had the student loan coming in, I think me and my roomate spent like £600 on packs one year. I can only imagine what some people do when they are getting good money in a job. I'm sure some people spend hundreds a month on it, which is essentially gambling in a way. I feel like it probably pulls on the same receptors. But yeah you're right, Youtube has actually done so much for Ultimate team. These youtubers not only spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on fifa points themselves, they propogate a culture in which people follow suit and find joy in opening packs. Watching them open packs always used to make me want to do it myself :lol:.

I 'think' the current issue with Nintendo from what I've read is they are pushing out things like Zelda remakes at brand new prices, I cant remember which Zelda it is but I remember having it back on Wii in like 2012 maybe and they’re re-releasing it in June for £59.99, it was £59.99 in 2012 and that came with a Wii controller and was a golden version. Apparently they are also a buzzkill when it comes to there old stuff and will do whatever they can to stop you playing SNES games on emulators etc but that I kinda understand.

Don't get me started on 'timed finishing', that is a disgrace and should have never been a thing, people learn to shoot and then you got the spaz timed finishing which just does it for you, luckily its died out but I remember when almost everyone was using it and it was a pisstake.

The thing with esports and Fifa is it will never work unless its fully manual, yes you can get good at the game etc but when it comes down to it when you shoot/pass/cross if you're not using full manual controls then the result is influenced by the random number generator in game, its why players miss open goals etc so there will always be an element of the game being unfair when on assisted which kind of makes there 'competitive' play a joke.

Ahhhh FUT Champs, what a absolute crock of ****, the most try hard mode on all of fifa all crammed into one weekend which you need to dedicate to Fifa and then get a ****ty red 82 rated card for your troubles :lol:

The problem with FUT is its like a damn second job, if you want top playerd you either have to spend, trade 24/7 or be involved in every aspect of the game to maximise your coins, for the casual gamer that is not possible.

I actually love the concept of FUT but I cant stand the sped up gameplay and everyone being 90+ rated after December, cant stand the over competitiveness and having to play every day of the week to stay relevant.

Out of interest, what is your best pull from a pack? I've probably played every FUT since its birth, probably spent in total in that time £1000-1200, best pull - IF Mane :lol:, 2nd best - Standard De Bruyne, 3rd - Standard Courtois, my pack luck has always been awful.

I play FUT every year, usually for about 2 weeks then realise I'm just wasting my time and give up, literally played it a few weeks back and made an average at best England team, played 4-5 games and each one had icons and loads of informs and special cards, very off putting.

I'm on Xbox Series X, player base is very low at the moment, online seasons last time I played had a player base of 400ish.

Unfortunately for all my dislike of Fifa its probably still my 'main' game, I tried COD:MW, fun game but very repetitive.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I 'think' the current issue with Nintendo from what I've read is they are pushing out things like Zelda remakes at brand new prices, I cant remember which Zelda it is but I remember having it back on Wii in like 2012 maybe and they’re re-releasing it in June for £59.99, it was £59.99 in 2012 and that came with a Wii controller and was a golden version. Apparently they are also a buzzkill when it comes to there old stuff and will do whatever they can to stop you playing SNES games on emulators etc but that I kinda understand.

Don't get me started on 'timed finishing', that is a disgrace and should have never been a thing, people learn to shoot and then you got the spaz timed finishing which just does it for you, luckily its died out but I remember when almost everyone was using it and it was a pisstake.

The thing with esports and Fifa is it will never work unless its fully manual, yes you can get good at the game etc but when it comes down to it when you shoot/pass/cross if you're not using full manual controls then the result is influenced by the random number generator in game, its why players miss open goals etc so there will always be an element of the game being unfair when on assisted which kind of makes there 'competitive' play a joke.

Ahhhh FUT Champs, what a absolute crock of ****, the most try hard mode on all of fifa all crammed into one weekend which you need to dedicate to Fifa and then get a ****ty red 82 rated card for your troubles :lol:

The problem with FUT is its like a damn second job, if you want top playerd you either have to spend, trade 24/7 or be involved in every aspect of the game to maximise your coins, for the casual gamer that is not possible.

I actually love the concept of FUT but I cant stand the sped up gameplay and everyone being 90+ rated after December, cant stand the over competitiveness and having to play every day of the week to stay relevant.

Out of interest, what is your best pull from a pack? I've probably played every FUT since its birth, probably spent in total in that time £1000-1200, best pull - IF Mane :lol:, 2nd best - Standard De Bruyne, 3rd - Standard Courtois, my pack luck has always been awful.

I play FUT every year, usually for about 2 weeks then realise I'm just wasting my time and give up, literally played it a few weeks back and made an average at best England team, played 4-5 games and each one had icons and loads of informs and special cards, very off putting.

I'm on Xbox Series X, player base is very low at the moment, online seasons last time I played had a player base of 400ish.

Unfortunately for all my dislike of Fifa its probably still my 'main' game, I tried COD:MW, fun game but very repetitive.
100% agree on the 90+ rated after December, it definitely didnt use to happen 5 years or so ago. They milk top players for every possible rating they can get up to 99 basically :lol: it makes it so every player is just quite similar tbh.

Yeah I am known amongst my friends as the unlucky guy in FUT, incidentally the other guy known as the unlucky person is my roomate I told you about. Most of my other friends dont spend so much and they get amazing players. At this stage I'm 100% sure that EA have an algorithm for that. I've been playing since FUT11, probably spent like £700-1000 (which is sickening to think of) and my best players are: normal Iniesta in fifa 12 (he was like 230k), normal hazard in fifa 16 and normal aubameyang in fifa 17 (this was the year I spent so much money, didnt get anyone). My friend who spent a lot and played so much Fut Champs didnt get good players that year either. I used my other account for this fifa, and bought 0 packs (bought some fut drafts as theyre fun) and I get Hazard and Casemiro within like 20 matches :lol::lol:. Its rigged im telling you.

Yeah if you don't play regularly or spend hundreds a month you get left behind. Its more so like that in fifa than any other game for me. In COD you need some time to get fresh and unlock guns but in fifa if you leave it for a couple months the game + the meta has passed you by completely. Its why I have been put off the game in recent years (since fut champs).

I recommend Battlefield as a good shooter. Much more slow paced and tactical than cod, and its not just made for you to run in and die like cod is (depending on the game mode). I prefer it to cod these days and I'm hoping Battlefield 6 will be good. Apart from that I recommend Hitman (basically a hitman simulator :lol:), Last of Us (amazing storyline) and CyberPunk (although it was extremely buggy last time I heard, Im waiting for my PS5 before I buy).

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
100% agree on the 90+ rated after December, it definitely didnt use to happen 5 years or so ago. They milk top players for every possible rating they can get up to 99 basically :lol: it makes it so every player is just quite similar tbh.

Yeah I am known amongst my friends as the unlucky guy in FUT, incidentally the other guy known as the unlucky person is my roomate I told you about. Most of my other friends dont spend so much and they get amazing players. At this stage I'm 100% sure that EA have an algorithm for that. I've been playing since FUT11, probably spent like £700-1000 (which is sickening to think of) and my best players are: normal Iniesta in fifa 12 (he was like 230k), normal hazard in fifa 16 and normal aubameyang in fifa 17 (this was the year I spent so much money, didnt get anyone). My friend who spent a lot and played so much Fut Champs didnt get good players that year either. I used my other account for this fifa, and bought 0 packs (bought some fut drafts as theyre fun) and I get Hazard and Casemiro within like 20 matches :lol::lol:. Its rigged im telling you.

Yeah if you don't play regularly or spend hundreds a month you get left behind. Its more so like that in fifa than any other game for me. In COD you need some time to get fresh and unlock guns but in fifa if you leave it for a couple months the game + the meta has passed you by completely. Its why I have been put off the game in recent years (since fut champs).

I recommend Battlefield as a good shooter. Much more slow paced and tactical than cod, and its not just made for you to run in and die like cod is (depending on the game mode). I prefer it to cod these days and I'm hoping Battlefield 6 will be good. Apart from that I recommend Hitman (basically a hitman simulator :lol:), Last of Us (amazing storyline) and CyberPunk (although it was extremely buggy last time I heard, Im waiting for my PS5 before I buy).

I've got my eye on Battlefield 6, hoping for big things with that one.

Hitman I like however I'm no where near ready to purchase, I didnt like there episode type content and think they took the piss a bit so what I plan to do is wait for however long it takes until all 3 games are packaged as one and then buy it when its on sale :lol:, I've played 1 & 2 (not fully) and had a look at 3 but they all seem so fractured, its actually somewhat confusing what you need to buy.

Last of Us - played the first one, not gonna lie; average for me, I get how it can be a 10/10 for many people but I weren't really a fan of it, its a good game but thats all I thought really.

Cyberpunk I will wait and wait, I got the XSX but the next gen version isnt ready yet and with all whats going on with that game its probably worth waiting a year.

I will be picking up the Division 2 Gold Edition at some point for £10, havent played it before but looks interesting and entertaining for that price.

Oh_Snap

I will be picking up the Division 2 Gold Edition at some point for £10, havent played it before but looks interesting and entertaining for that price.

Been playing this for the last few weeks on the weekend. Gameplay wise it's like mass effect 2 as a multiplayer looter shooter. i like it a lot but it's not a game i can play for just an hour, need 6+ hours a day for a game like this, hence i only play on weekends.

feel its a bit too much meaningless loot and you can do too much with it and constantly have to check if u want to extract this and that stat before you sell or dismantle an item.

since the expansion is already there for a while it doesnt really matter to play the original game which is level 1-30 (expansion 30-40) as you'll get a lot of stuff u wont really need. still liked it tho, just kinda frustrating that all the exotic weapons u pick up on the way dont mean **** once u start the expansion.

and as always, it's best with friends. endgame has "the summit", i call it nakatomi plaza, just a tower with 100 floors which gets harder on your way to the top. really fun with friends cuz u can crank the difficulty all the way up including some modifiers like that u start with no ammo etc.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Been playing this for the last few weeks on the weekend. Gameplay wise it's like mass effect 2 as a multiplayer looter shooter. i like it a lot but it's not a game i can play for just an hour, need 6+ hours a day for a game like this, hence i only play on weekends.

feel its a bit too much meaningless loot and you can do too much with it and constantly have to check if u want to extract this and that stat before you sell or dismantle an item.

since the expansion is already there for a while it doesnt really matter to play the original game which is level 1-30 (expansion 30-40) as you'll get a lot of stuff u wont really need. still liked it tho, just kinda frustrating that all the exotic weapons u pick up on the way dont mean **** once u start the expansion.

and as always, it's best with friends. endgame has "the summit", i call it nakatomi plaza, just a tower with 100 floors which gets harder on your way to the top. really fun with friends cuz u can crank the difficulty all the way up including some modifiers like that u start with no ammo etc.

Literally just started it, made my character etc and then turned it off as I opened the menu and havent got a clue what is what.

Need to Google the **** out of this and then continue :lol:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
EA just added a 'preview' for each pack type today.... think its their way to get round gambling rules. 👀

sneeky as **** but people seem to really like it online

1 preview for each pack type per day

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
EA just added a 'preview' for each pack type today.... think its their way to get round gambling rules. 👀

sneeky as **** but people seem to really like it online

1 preview for each pack type per day

I switched on Fifa for the first time in months and noticed this feature so I clicked on all the packs available to see what could be if I bought them, it pretty much confirmed to me the packs are **** as usual.

Can see why people will like it but at present it has a 24hr timer on it where once you viewed the pack you have to buy the pack or wait 24hrs til the timer expires to view the next one.. 100% the next thing EA will sell is tokens to skip the timer.

Top Bottom