• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 2nd Leg: Arsenal (1) v Benfica (1) | Thursday February 25 | KO: 17:55 UTC | BT Sport

Who Advances To The Round of 16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Full trust in Arsenal tonight, we will 100% go into the last 16....comfortable 2-0 win tonight, Auba and Laca to score.

After Laca scores, he will take of his boot and hold up "Trust The Process" to the camera...it's gonna be beautiful :drool:

Last edited:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
**** me lads n lasses, i have a really bad feeling about this.
Weigl, Nunez, otamendi, grimaldo, Jan

Quality players on their day

mpower2540

Think we’ll start relatively fast, but we need to score during that time. If it gets into the second half at 0-0 I have a feeling Mikel will try and protect rather than attack.

We should smash this lot, if we go out tonight then it’ll be down to utter incompetence, and I think I’d be ready to say Arteta should go.

Funnily enough I think we’ll batter them.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
**** me lads n lasses, i have a really bad feeling about this.
Weigl, Nunez, otamendi, grimaldo, Jan

Quality players on their day

Most of Benfica's player's "days" are about 5 years or so ago, tbf :lol:

Should have beaten them easily last match, can't see they surviving again tonight, tbh.

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
If Benfica uses a high defensive line again (doubt they will though) I hope no one says we’re struggling against “low block” this time. :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Benfica uses a high defensive line again (doubt they will though) I hope no one says we’re struggling against “low block” this time. :lol:
They will because they need to score auba need to move and not be offside like last time out i think he had 6 offside calls against him lol

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Venue
newFile.jpg

• The clubs have been paired just once previously in UEFA competition, Sven Göran Eriksson's Eagles getting the better of George Graham's Gunners in a 1991/92 European Cup second round tie with a 3-1 comeback victory in extra time in London after a 1-1 first-leg draw in Lisbon, Benfica striker Isaías scoring three times in the tie.

• Arsenal have won five of their seven previous home matches against visitors from Portugal, that loss to Benfica 30 years ago their only defeat. They have faced Portuguese sides in the each of their last two UEFA Europa League campaigns, drawing 0-0 at home to Sporting CP on Matchday 4 in 2018/19 and coming from behind twice to defeat Vitória SC 3-2 in London on Matchday 3 in 2019/20 thanks to a late Pepé double.

• This is just the third two-legged tie Arsenal have been involved in against Portuguese opponents. Having lost the first of them against Benfica, they won the second, 6-2 on aggregate against Porto in the 2009/10 UEFA Champions League round of 16, with Nicklas Bendtner scoring a hat-trick in the second-leg 5-0 home win. That is the Gunners' most recent last-16 success in the UEFA Champions League, the seven ties since having all ended in defeat.

• The Lisbon club's record in two-legged ties against English opposition is W5 L7, with victories in the two most recent, both in the UEFA Europa League – against Newcastle United in the 2012/13 quarter-finals (3-1 h, 1-1 a) and Arsenal's local rivals Tottenham Hotspur in the 2013/14 round of 16 (3-1 a, 2-2 h).

• Benfica have won just 11 of their 37 matches against English clubs (D7 L19), losing European finals to Manchester United (1968 European Cup, 1-4) and Chelsea (2013 UEFA Europa League, 1-2). Their 18 previous UEFA encounters in England, including that 1968 final at Wembley Stadium, have yielded just four wins – as opposed to 12 losses. Their most recent visit brought a 2-0 defeat by United at Old Trafford in the 2017/18 UEFA Champions League group stage.

Team News
Thomas out; Holding to be assessed for a concussion

Untitled.jpg
What no jeans?:eek:

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Working 14 hour days means watching this will be difficult. Gonna try and have it streaming on one of my screens in the office.

Easy win

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Guess you’ve blanked out the thread for the opening leg. Don’t blame you. :lol:
:lol: Completely forgot about that tbf.

This is a season defining game though, has to be a serious thread. :popcorn:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
:lol: Completely forgot about that tbf.

This is a season defining game though, has to be a serious thread. :popcorn:
No problem with this match, should win it. It’s Leicester that’ll tip people over edge. Wolves have got Newcastle and Palace have got Fulham. Both winnable. We could be 13th at the weekend. :lol:

Reactions: A_G

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

and I'mma say this now yea

If you were screaming trust the process when we were 15th in the league but go insane if/when we crash out at any stage of Europa league knockout stages then you're a clown :lol:

The damage was done in 2020, Europa is nothing but a prayer - would be nice if we go all the way though.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
ESR needs his rightful place at number 10 again. Our build-up and speed of movement when we advance has been lacking since Ødegaard took that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom