• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 2nd Leg: Arsenal (1) v Benfica (1) | Thursday February 25 | KO: 17:55 UTC | BT Sport

Who Advances To The Round of 16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
That wasn't the point. You asserted that the "greater good" thing where being worse for a period of time can force decisions that make things better in the long-term doesn't happen - so I gave you a very recent counter-example. It happens, in football and in business also. Ideally you want high management decision makers that can see incompetence through flukey results, but you don't always get it.

With regard to the bolded part, you are #3. Congratulations.

I just think it's silly. If people think cheering for us to be worse will someday make us better.... why not just skip a step and cheer for us to be better?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think the only way Arteta is manager next season is by us winning the EL. Just when we seem to improve I am reminded that we are actually one **** up away from disaster in every game we play. The only reliability we have is that no one knows what Arsenal will turn up. Its no way to build a side and for that reason I think we'll have a new manager for next season, cos we ain't winning the EL with this rollercoaster manager!

Thing is the only reason we're walking this tight rope in the EL is cos of our league form, which could get worse at the weekend. It's like when we fail to create chances/fail to score chances and then complain about a bad ref decision or a wondergoal, at the end of the day it's our own fault. Create more chances and score more goals, and bad luck just doesn't matter. Play better in the league and you don't have to rely on the EL.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Forum has become that toxic that we aren't even capable of celebrating wins anymore :lol:

Whingefest FC strikes again.

artworks-000677958604-upjrji-t500x500.jpg

The door is always right there, nobody is forcing anyone to stay and read or stay in such a "toxic" place.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think he will be here after the summer as well. Should we start the season badly with a full stadium...the heat will be on. The board will not sack him before the summer though.
I think you're right. The problem with that is that if he fails, he's spent the money on players that might be like Willian, that another manager then has to try and work with. We must get it right before pre season to have any chance of improving.

roz

Fake News Merchant
As bad as we are, as low as we have fallen still a good time to have a drink & light up the crack pipe !

Next round baby!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You must have missed my question; I asked where I said it wasn't a slog? :lol:

Or you just gonna sit there shouting nonsense into my mentions all evening because you're upset Arsenal won a game?

I'm happy either way, just let me know.

Nah you’re right you didn’t.

Don’t think there’s much to gain from this tbh but fwiw I’m obviously happy we’ve kept our season alive but I think we’re allowed to be annoyed by the manner of it.

You can dispute that which is your right but that’s just what I feel.

Jae

artworks-000677958604-upjrji-t500x500.jpg

The door is always right there, nobody is forcing anyone to stay and read or stay in such a "toxic" place.

Mate if it bothers you that much supporting Arsenal then you can always go and support United or City can't you? The door is right there, nobody forcing you to stay and support us :lol:

Iceman10

Established Member
Exactly. It's just a stat at this point rather than it being a genuine assist.

The manager is going to credit for the win but the subs could be done in so many different ways. I don’t think Willian did enough to question why Laca, Pepe, and Martinelli are seemingly out of favour to be called upon as difference makers.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I just think it's silly. If people think cheering for us to be worse will someday make us better.... why not just skip a step and cheer for us to be better?

We do that anyway, it's part of being a fan. But you also have to look at it realistically. Not like us cheering in front of the screen has any impact, anyway, it's more of an assessment.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think you're right. The problem with that is that if he fails, he's spent the money on players that might be like Willian, that another manager then has to try and work with. We must get it right before pre season to have any chance of improving.
I think it is quite difficult all of this to be honest. You sack the manager, and you start over again, or you stick with the manager and he proves to not be up to scratch.

I am not "emotionally invested" (good God what a phrase...) in Arteta, nor was I in Emery. I do fear becoming a sacking club though. We can't afford that strategy. We don't have the money for it. The board should perhaps never have hired a young manager, but that is a moot point now.

I think for now we just have to roll with the punches. We need a solid summer. The January window was pretty decent. Arteta has a period now to prove that he can do the job. That is a fair shot. It is up to him to make the most of it.

say yes

forum master baiter
Nah you’re right you didn’t.

Don’t think there’s much to gain from this tbh but fwiw I’m obviously happy we’ve kept our season alive but I think we’re allowed to be annoyed by the manner of it.

You can dispute that which is your right but that’s just what I feel.
Fair. But can't help but feel that people need to enjoy these moments more. Sport is supposed to be fun ffs.

Doesn't matter how much people hate the manager; I will always be buzzing after a win like that. Can save the post-mortem about what we didn't do so well for tomorrow. The Arsenal won, from a tricky spot, and our season's still alive. Enjoy it.

roz

Fake News Merchant

Willian remontada
He’s shameless. Turning point for me tonight, give him til the end of the season but start looking for a new guy to come in for next season regardless if whether we manage to win the competition or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom