• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 2nd Leg: Arsenal (1) v Benfica (1) | Thursday February 25 | KO: 17:55 UTC | BT Sport

Who Advances To The Round of 16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Btw Lacazette almost got himself sent off when he smashed the ball into the net after Auba scored. Had the ball struck the Benfica player on the floor in the face, VAR would've sent him off for sure

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If Willian done well when he came on people need to accept that and be happy about it. Why go to war with Arsenal players ffs? He’s not being binned so get used to it and have some hope, why not?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
EvGxEfdXAAIa8e0

@Makingtrax

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

:shivering:Benfica were ****ing ****!
I think Benfica were pretty decent. Not some ragtag outfit, but some quality players. At least we didn’t lay an egg like Leicester did. We are on to the next round. Let’s see where this takes us!

And welcome back! You missed the final Özil drama and AM’s send off of our misunderstood prince!

254Giant

Player:Partey
We had the toughest fixture out of everybody but we fought till the end. Benfica were very well set up defensively but I think our attacking midfielders i.e. ESR and Ødegaard could have done better in releasing balls into the box. Very annoying from those two today.
Auba fuxked up in the 1st leg and made up for it. I was so furious with him last Thursday but today he did what he's supposed to do. As usual, all hail King Saka and Tierney. Ceballos almost ruined his career with that performance.
Smith Rowe was disappointing to me with his constant back passing. He had a golden chance to release Saka but he passed back. That was so frustrating.
Loved the composure though despite being behind. I gave up long ago on Arteta leaving. He's here for the long haul, I just want us to go as far as possible. Gonna be many ups and downs to come so brace yourselves Done with the manager obsession.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think Benfica were pretty decent. Not some ragtag outfit, but some quality players. At least we didn’t lay an egg like Leicester did. We are on to the next round. Let’s see where this takes us!

And welcome back! You missed the final Özil drama and AM’s send off of our misunderstood prince!
Ive probably been brainwashed into believing they were much worse than they were tbh. This place can do that to you :lol:

Özil went out with the meekest whimper ever.

They said the ‘hate’ would be just directed somewhere else... They seemed concerned that certain posters wouldn’t have anything else to post about once he was gone... And yet those same people now camp in Arteta’s thread, Pissing on anything remotely positive. Hypocritemania.

:popcorn:

Melquiades

The negativity toward this result is so strange to me.

Poor recent form or not, Benfica is unquestionably a PL-level team and not some bum Austrian farmers like Sp**s were playing.

We categorically outplayed them over both legs and widely outchanced them in open play but had some poor finishing from Auba in the first leg and they scored off a BS penalty (handball that deflected off ESR's body), a wonder free kick, and then a blown backpass.

On merit, the team played well and this should have been a comfortable result but Benfica were opportunistic with the few chances/situations they had. Stuff like this happens in small sample sizes but we did well to bear down and pull it out.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
That was a poor game tbh, I'm dissapointed in how flakey we were. I wouldn't have been surprised if we crashed out tonight. I'm not sure why we keep making terrible defensive individual errors recently, its looking quite frantic back there.

If we keep Partey and Tierney fit for the remaining EL games then we have a chance, just not a very big one considering our form so far this season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I fell asleep end of first half and wake up to us just scrapping through. We were actually losing as well. The ceballos mistake is purely down to our coaching. Any hesitation go back and start over. It’s amazing how often we pass backwards. Arteta survives, he’s still an incompetent clown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom