• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's weird that Arsenal fans kinda make fun of Thierry...who cares if he wants to take a short cut to becoming a coach (anyone would if they could) after all the joy he brought us as a player let him do what he wants.

Not saying we should appoint him, but hope he succeeds wherever he goes.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It's weird that Arsenal fans kinda make fun of Thierry...who cares if he wants to take a short cut to becoming a coach (anyone would if they could) after all the joy he brought us as a player let him do what he wants.

Nah, not having it. He's not ready for Arsenal and it would be a horrible appointment for him and the club.

I just look at Tony Adam's career and thank the universe he went to Portsmouth first.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I wouldn't make fun of him I just find it weird when footballers worked their whole careers to be at their peak but think they can walk into a top job after doing their badges and maybe assisting for a season.

There's an education that goes into being a manager too. Can't take short cuts

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
so the poll leader and AM favorite gets knocked out by slavia prague lol
brendan is a perennial choker and we should stay clear of him
He's been knocked out of the Europa in the Round of 32 five times. That definitely takes the shine off him slightly.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Don't think it reflects on Rodgers, it's a cup competition and all we did was extend the lifeline for another round.

They were without Maddison, would we have got through last night without Saka?

Peterq

Don't think it reflects on Rodgers, it's a cup competition and all we did was extend the lifeline for another round.

They were without Maddison, would we have got through last night without Saka?
You’re right that is just lame cup competition so no fuss. Rodgers is so good coach that his team only need Maddison to win two games against Slavia Praga ;)

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You’re right that is just lame cup competition so no fuss. Rodgers is so good coach that his team only need Maddison to win two games against Slavia Praga ;)
Just my personal opinion I don't think cups are a great way to gauge a manager (unless they win it) I even hold this view towards Arteta.

After group stages for me it's a dice roll and that's just how I feel. It's looking like two seasons in a row Rodgers/Leicester finish higher than us in the league with a largely comparable squad *shrugs*

Peterq

Just my personal opinion I don't think cups are a great way to gauge a manager (unless they win it) I even hold this view towards Arteta.

After group stages for me it's a dice roll and that's just how I feel. It's looking like two seasons in a row Rodgers/Leicester finish higher than us in the league with a largely comparable squad *shrugs*
Leicester is one of the best run clubs in EPL. They have sign essential players way before Rogers - senior players like Schmeichel and younger like Tielemans. Rogers didn't make them top players and now again lose chance for trophy. That's why I'm not fan of his work but like how they operate as a club. They league position is no surprise.
We are in transition again. Look at Leicester squad and how long they build squad and compere this to Arsenal. Of course we can change manager and I'm sure next year there will be similar discussion. Arteta for me right now is 50/50, wins trophy, outplaying tactical very good managers like Klopp, Ancelotti and Bielsa despite being rookie but on the other hand very poor league position. Personally I think he deserve to be judged on the end of season. For me more important is Edu job I give him 60/40 for no, good squad cleaning but didn't sell anybody.
Our status right now is determined by absolutely pathetic work of Huss and Raul. I don't know how they could operate for so long in Arsenal - suspicious fees, contracts problems with our academy players looks like nightmare to solve right now.
Per is looking like a person that could help to steady this ship but we should be looking more mid and long term in this season a lot of young players breaking into first squad and they are stars in making.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Leicester is one of the best run clubs in EPL. They have sign essential players way before Rogers - senior players like Schmeichel and younger like Tielemans. Rogers didn't make them top players and now again lose chance for trophy. That's why I'm not fan of his work but like how they operate as a club. They league position is no surprise.
I don't agree with this part. No doubt they're an excellently ran club but Rodgers has played a massive part in their form over the last 2 seasons. Yes they should have secured top 4 last season and didn't but they where a mid table side under Puel before he took over.

Peterq

I don't agree with this part. No doubt they're an excellently ran club but Rodgers has played a massive part in their form over the last 2 seasons. Yes they should have secured top 4 last season and didn't but they where a mid table side under Puel before he took over.
Of course he is great coach but I'm not fan of his work. Personally I don't think he is heavily involved in signing players in Leicester and his signing history is big question mark, secondly he fails to deliver like you said top 4 or cups trophy. But his teams play with character and great style without doubt.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Of course he is great coach but I'm not fan of his work. Personally I don't think he is heavily involved in signing players in Leicester and his signing history is big question mark, secondly he fails to deliver like you said top 4 or cups trophy. But his teams play with character and great style without doubt.
I wouldn't know how much he has to do with recruitment but they had the same staff on that side of things in place when Claude Puel was in charge and he finished 9th two seasons in a row. Rodgers has came in and as I said, should have secured it last year, didn't and now learned from that mistake this season and as good as secured champions league already for next season. They've even got a decent chance of finishing 2nd which, for a club like Leicester is a brilliant achievement.

EDIT - I should have added that it's fair enough if your not a fan, everyone has different opinions.

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

@OnlyOne A-M in the mud again :lol:
tenor.gif

Top Bottom