• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Who wants 4 managers in 4 years anyway? That’s constant chopping and changing and a club in constant transition. Nothing more boring and disheartening than going into a season knowing you aren’t doing anything because your club is in transition due to a new manager - different if you’re Chelsea because you have a great squad and are hiring elite managers.
That’s poor thinking. There is nothing that says having less managers brings better results. Changing managers every year which we don’t have Ben do is not a bad thing. What’s dumb is sticking with bad manager and ignore all the signs until there is no hiding anymore. Good clubs are proactive and Arsenal is far from it

scytheavatar

Established Member
Who wants 4 managers in 4 years anyway? That’s constant chopping and changing and a club in constant transition. Nothing more boring and disheartening than going into a season knowing you aren’t doing anything because your club is in transition due to a new manager - different if you’re Chelsea because you have a great squad and are hiring elite managers.

If we do not have a great squad like Chelsea and are not hiring elite managers like them then how can we possibly expect to become competitive to them? Do you understand what you are writing, that you expect Arteta to beat "elite managers with great squads" due to him being Arteta. What exactly has he shown to make you think he's better than elite?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If we're looking for positives in an otherwise poor season for Arteta and Arsenal, probably top of my list would be the fact that the players seem to be strongly behind Arteta still. That's a very good sign. It would have been very easy for them to turn on him in November / December during our awful run.

Under Emery I think it's fair to say that a number of them downed tools towards the end of his reign.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
If a better manager is available then we should immediately move for him. Just like Liverpool sacked Brendan Rogers as soon as they knew that Klopp was available.

Iceman10

Established Member
If we're looking for positives in an otherwise poor season for Arteta and Arsenal, probably top of my list would be the fact that the players seem to be strongly behind Arteta still. That's a very good sign. It would have been very easy for them to turn on him in November / December during our awful run.

Under Emery I think it's fair to say that a number of them downed tools towards the end of his reign.

This is something I acknowledge on the whole as true and within the pluses for Arteta among positives and negatives. There are nitpicking things that can be brought up but on the whole it is true. Back in December there were some media pieces suggesting Arteta was going the same way as Emery in losing the dressing room but those articles now appear to be nothing more than click-bait and agenda BS.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yes it depends, if you are pretending that Arteta is doing a great job and the blame isnt down to him at all then ofc that is protecting. But for example apparently saying that if the boardroom continues like this it will damage the club with or without Arteta.. is an excuse. Some people who obviously don't like Arteta are getting so touchy that if you even try to comment on state of the club and its leadership/ownership you are making excuses for him.

Think some people need to zoom out and realise that they are doing the exact thing they're accusing you of in the opposite direction. But anyway this forum is how it is, a lot of people use it to complain so having a balanced view on things is taken out of context.
Well I don't think whether people like or hate Arteta personally has got anything to do with this. Certainly not for me anyway.

For me it's simple, the club has invested the 5th most money in this squad and therefore that should be the yard stick. Top 4 and you're over performing like Arsène. 5th and you're doing OK like Unai, and I fully backed him in his first year. 8th and then 11th (currently) and something is very wrong.

If people want to stick with him to see if he comes good eventually, that's fine too. But anybody suggesting that either the current football, his past decisions or his position in the league is anything other than abysmal for this great club, is ridiculous.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If a better manager is available then we should immediately move for him. Just like Liverpool sacked Brendan Rogers as soon as they knew that Klopp was available.
Tuchel was available just 2 months ago. If we finds 9/10th and Rodgers for whatever reason just walked out on Leicester. Do you see the club going after him and sacking Arteta?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Looking at how people have voted and have to admit I’m disappointed with my boy @El Duderino

This is probably the time to tell you that the great lebowski is a horribly overrated movie.

Of course it's overrated! Doesn't mean it isn't a good movie, though.

I just lost all trust in Arteta, sadly. I was a big fan, but I've seen enough this season to think we should look elsewhere if possible.

Hopefully he gets backing from the club during the transfer window so there are no more excuses made and he proves me wrong so I can eat the biggest humble pie (and I'll happilly do it).

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Jeff Bridges and John Goodman in the same film, means excellence for me.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought this was a rather odd contrast between two players.

Willian
I was really pleased with Willian yesterday because of the way he trains and he is starting to produce in games.

Martinelli
He needs to take his opportunity and if he plays on Sunday he needs to perform like everybody else

Olivier_Giroud

Anyone who is surprised that Ex-Arsenal Player Cosplaying-as-Manager Arteta is starting Willian is Low IQ just like him.

With the way the Pretender was praising Willian after the Benfica game, practically tagging him as the HERO, one should expect that he is going to serve us the WILLIAN EXPERIENCE every game....

This game is over even before it started, weekend ruined once again.

Olivier_Giroud

Of course it's overrated! Doesn't mean it isn't a good movie, though.

I just lost all trust in Arteta, sadly. I was a big fan, but I've seen enough this season to think we should look elsewhere if possible.

Hopefully he gets backing from the club during the transfer window so there are no more excuses made and he proves me wrong so I can eat the biggest humble pie (and I'll happilly do it).
You lost all trust in Arteta and you wanted him to be backed this transfer window??? Are you willing to lose millions of transfer money so that Arteta does not have an excuse? Would you listen to yourself?

Arteta has not done anything to justify for him staying, much more wasting millions of transfer money from a Club with skint owners... He has no track record to speak of.... He is not even a Club Legend... He is not actually the same League as Lampard and Ole, far from it. Those people won everything as a Club players from League Titles to Champions League.. Arteta won a Mickey Mouse cup.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
You lost all trust in Arteta and you wanted him to be backed this transfer window??? Are you willing to lose millions of transfer money so that Arteta does not have an excuse? Would you listen to yourself?

Arteta has not done anything to justify for him staying much more wasting millions of transfer money from skint owners... He has no track record to speak of.... He is not even a Club Legend... He is not actually the same League as Lampard and Ole far from it. Those people won everything as a Club players from League Titles to Champions League.. Arteta won a Mickey Mouse cup.

I want him backed because he's not going to be sacked, despite me wanting a change at the helm.

Might as well try to make the most of it.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Thought this was a rather odd contrast between two players.

Willian

Martinelli
I'm pretty sure you or many others if not you were completely fine with this when it was Pepe.

It's for the best anyways, being included in today's attacking line up isn't a good thing it's quite damning actually. Martinelli low key caught life - people still want to see him. That's not the case for todays front three.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Tuchel was available just 2 months ago. If we finds 9/10th and Rodgers for whatever reason just walked out on Leicester. Do you see the club going after him and sacking Arteta?
But are Rodgers and Tuchel that big of an upgrade on Arteta. Think only if someone like Allegri was available, that we jettison Arteta.

Top Bottom