• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
In: Ryan (free), Bertrand (free), Bogle (20m), Koulibaly (45m), Aouar (45m), Coutinho (loan with option).

I still want Zaha, but f it, Pepe can stay.

Out: Heccy B (25m), Kola (2m), Luiz (free), Chambers (15m), Mavrapanos (10m), Guendouzi (15m), AMN (20m), Nelson (20m), Lacazette (20m).127m

-------------------------Leno
---------Koulibaly--------Gabriel------------
--Bogle--------------------------------Tierney--
-------------Partey-------Aouar----------------
-------Saka--------Coutinho------Pepe------
---------------------Aubameyang

benjamin86

Established Member
In: Ryan (free), Bertrand (free), Bogle (20m), Koulibaly (45m), Aouar (45m), Coutinho (loan with option).

I still want Zaha, but f it, Pepe can stay.

Out: Heccy B (25m), Kola (2m), Luiz (free), Chambers (15m), Mavrapanos (10m), Guendouzi (15m), AMN (20m), Nelson (20m), Lacazette (20m).127m

-------------------------Leno
---------Koulibaly--------Gabriel------------
--Bogle--------------------------------Tierney--
-------------Partey-------Aouar----------------
-------Saka--------Coutinho------Pepe------
---------------------Aubameyang
No.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Thinking about the CM position, the name Bissouma often comes up and I really see the appeal, still question marks over how good his technical ceiling is imo. You need someone next to Partey who's mobile but also technically superior to opponents and press resistant. Gerson looks good, very good dribbler too and technically secure. Joan Jordan is another name, we were linked a while ago, extremely good and technical midfielder.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'm less keen on a striker if we hopefully continue with Auba up but just going to keep putting Ivan Toney's name in here. Just matched Watkins best goalscoring season today with 13 games to go.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I'm less keen on a striker if we hopefully continue with Auba up but just going to keep putting Ivan Toney's name in here. Just matched Watkins best goalscoring season today with 13 games to go.

I heard he's good in the air and holding the ball up, and even if Auba is our main striker next season you still want another option with a different skill set. But he'd be quite expensive if Brentford get promoted, no?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I heard he's good in the air and holding the ball up, and even if Auba is our main striker next season you still want another option with a different skill set. But he'd be quite expensive if Brentford get promoted, no?
He's also an excellent finisher and his passing is probably his most underrated part of his game. Joint top assists in the championship currently with 9.

If they don't go up I'd imagine they'd get at least equal to what they got for Watkins. Can't imagine we'd look near him if they do get promoted though. Leicester have been rumoured to be interested in him.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

Best comparison to him in the PL would be someone like DCL. Very similar qualities ... Toney is a top 6 level striker at the very least.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Best comparison to him in the PL would be someone like DCL. Very similar qualities ... Toney is a top 6 level striker at the very least.

But i guess you don't know till you know. Maupay banged in the Championship, he's not doing much at Brighton, Watkins was even better and he's doing much better in the PL, but is he a CL level striker? Toney was playing League 1 a year ago, it's a bold statement to say he's CL quality.

But i'd leave it to people who've watched more of him. He plays a different style to Auba, which is something I think we need.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

But i guess you don't know till you know. Maupay banged in the Championship, he's not doing much at Brighton, Watkins was even better and he's doing much better in the PL, but is he a CL level striker? Toney was playing League 1 a year ago, it's a bold statement to say he's CL quality.

But i'd leave it to people who've watched more of him. He plays a different style to Auba, which is something I think we need.
Don't think we really need to worry about whether any potential incoming strikers are CL ready in my opinion. We've got to be more realistic at this moment in time. Any signings we make at this point are to help potentially get us CL football again down the road.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Don't think we really need to worry about whether any potential incoming strikers are CL ready in my opinion. We've got to be more realistic at this moment in time. Any signings we make at this point are to help potentially get us CL football again down the road.

I guess, I can't see us going for Toney though, just doesn't feel like an Arsenal signing. If I had to bet money on it i'd say we'd get Edouard, just cos there's been longstanding interest and it's the easiest deal to do - he wants to leave and they have to sell this summer.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I guess, I can't see us going for Toney though, just doesn't feel like an Arsenal signing. If I had to bet money on it i'd say we'd get Edouard, just cos there's been longstanding interest and it's the easiest deal to do - he wants to leave and they have to sell this summer.
Arsenal would never look at English player from lower league if a foreign exotic player is available. Just part of our posh dna

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Watching the match today reminded me of Ricardo Perriera. He was out of position and didn't have his best game, but is coming off a long injury. 2 years left on his deal and Leicester have 3 right footed fullbacks...

I thought he was head a shoulders above every other rb in the prem last season, bar TAA. If he can recover that level, he'd be a hell of a player for us at RB.

Reactions: roz

TopGunner81

Watching the match today reminded me of Ricardo Perriera. He was out of position and didn't have his best game, but is coming off a long injury. 2 years left on his deal and Leicester have 3 right footed fullbacks...

I thought he was head a shoulders above every other rb in the prem last season, bar TAA. If he can recover that level, he'd be a hell of a player for us at RB.

They'd want 40-50m for him though, probably out of our price range at the moment

roz

Fake News Merchant

Quality player, as you said poor today but coming off a long injury. Perfect time to get a bid going in the summer. Would be cheaper than normal due to having so much cover in that position & the injury he sustained. Reckon they’d be tempted if we went 15/20mil.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Quality player, as you said poor today but coming off a long injury. Perfect time to get a bid going in the summer. Would be cheaper than normal due to having so much cover in that position & the injury he sustained. Reckon they’d be tempted if we went 15/20mil.

That would be a brilliant deal. Very little adaptation time as well as he's proven in the league and in his peak years. Obviously have to see how he ends the season though after that ACL.

Goonger

I think if James Justin wasn't out for most of the year we might have had a bit of a chance, not sure now though.

TopGunner81

27 year old right back with only 2 years left on his deal, non home grown as well. Not sure they'd be able to get that.
This is Leicester City we are talking about, they tend to get big fees for their players. They got 50m for Chilwell, and I know he’s homegrown but he’s also no where near as good as Pereira. Can’t see him going for anything under 40m unfortunately

Top Bottom