• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: Dream signing or NightMari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Some people will never rate him because he lacks pace which is an obsession on here for some reason. Terry and Per managed to do alright without ever having any. If you can read the game well you don't need it.

He has everything else you'd want in a PL level CB. Excellent in the air, reads the game well, decent distribution, knows when to tackle etc.

The only thing he really lacks other than pace is experience and that'll come with time.

My only other concern is he seems a little injury prone, but it's not like we're not used to that with Arsenal players :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I thought he had a good game. He kept pace with Vardy somehow and forced Vardy to block a Leicester later on. For Leicester's first goal, I don't really blame him. He ran back to deal with Vardy as David Luiz arrived late in the box. By the time Luiz was in position, Elneny was also still arriving to block the passing lane in the box. By the time Mari tried to cover, Tielemanns had shot and scored. He could have tried to tackle or block Tielemanns, but with our luck, a mistimed intervention would have seen him sent off. It's not like it was in Keown's day but Xhaka should have passed forward before any of that anyway.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not saying he didn't play well after that, but that was such an unusual and basic error. You rarely see them.

Across Europe’s top leagues you’ve never seen a communication breakdown between a group of players recovering their defensive shape after a lost ball on the halfway line? I see it every week at Arsenal alone. I’m not even getting into the rest of his performance just the goal.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Across Europe’s top leagues you’ve never seen a communication breakdown between a group of players recovering their defensive shape after a lost ball on the halfway line? I see it every week at Arsenal alone. I’m not even getting into the rest of his performance just the goal.
Not like that no. As a defenders you back off on occasions if you know for sure there are runners on either side but after a certain point you must engage the man on the ball. Look how far off he is from Tielemans when he takes the shot. He's got his angles horribly wrong, basically exposing the entire frame of the goal.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Not like that no. As a defenders you back off on occasions if you know for sure there are runners on either side but after a certain point you must engage the man on the ball. Look how far off he is from Tielemans when he takes the shot. He's got his angles horribly wrong, basically exposing the entire frame of the goal.
Honestly i think he was counting on El Neny to challenge Tielemans but i guess he learned from it: never ever trust a clown

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I thought he had a good game. He kept pace with Vardy somehow and forced Vardy to block a Leicester later on. For Leicester's first goal, I don't really blame him. He ran back to deal with Vardy as David Luiz arrived late in the box. By the time Luiz was in position, Elneny was also still arriving to block the passing lane in the box. By the time Mari tried to cover, Tielemanns had shot and scored. He could have tried to tackle or block Tielemanns, but with our luck, a mistimed intervention would have seen him sent off. It's not like it was in Keown's day but Xhaka should have passed forward before any of that anyway.
That first goal was a cluster **** on several players part. Willian and Xhaka first and then Elneny and Mari. A real team effort!

Pyres7

Vardy's 34 and he started in the EL last Thursday so he was probably out of juice. It's still impressive that Mari kept up with him but I doubt that happens when he's fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom