• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerShy

Very good today. Generally been good for a while now. The "Xhaka" moments coming less frequently.

It shouldn't be overlooked how durable he has been in the middle of the park. Playing an awful lot of minutes. Hasn't let it impact his performances. With Partey being injured we've been unable to rest him.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'm never going to be his biggest fan since the shirt throwing incident but Partey aside he is by far the best midfielder we have. Would really like to see the 2 of them actually get a consistent run of games together to see how good a partnership they can become.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Transforms into a different player when Partey plays with him in midfield.

I've noticed they are often playing very close together. Sharing responsibilities and laying the ball off to each other.

With Ceballos and Elneny this is much less the case.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I've got to say though. For the first 10 minutes his passing was the worst its ever been. He still finished with an 88% pass accuracy, but it feels like those 12% came mostly in that timeframe.

Would still give him a rest whenever possible.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Partey can get over his injury problems we might actually have a decent partnership that can be relied upon for 40+ games.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's kind of rinse and repeat for me.

Yeah he's playing pretty well for Xhaka, particularly when he's next to Partey. So credit to him and his better form. He deserves praise.

Still, Xhaka on form has too many flaws and is too limited to be a starter for us long term if we wish to push on. I'm not even knocking him as his weaknesses are generally beyond his control.

If he's happy as a squad / rotation player next season, cool. If not, it would be best if he moves on.

I know he's going to be here as a starter for the next 5 years though :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He should have done better for Leicester goal did lose it so easily but after that xhaka he competed old xhaka could have easily lose his head start fouling

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He had a decent to good performance. He was at fault for the Leicester goal and still struggles with a press by the look of it. He worked really hard to atone after that. I think he covered the greatest distance too as he tried to disrupt Leicester and he was better defensively than offensively until Partey came on. He's still to conservative for me even passing backwards under no pressure instead of taking a gamble. I can't understand why Partey and him are the only CM's who play close to each other. Is it because Partey is able to cover the ground? Is it to protect the wide areas? It's an issue if he and his partner leave the middle area open to be run through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom