• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Auba said he’s the most talented player in the squad and that it’s not even close, I think Laca has said the same thing as well. He’s combining that with end product and work-rate now while being secure in possession.

Surely he won’t be dropped this time? 4 goals in 7 starts is top class form.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I don't think Martin dislikes Pepe personally, but his views on a lot of our non English players over the last few years, have been very dodgy tbh :lol:
Yeah he’s so weird, tends to target players who block players he likes. He can’t stand Pepe because of Saka and he’s already started grumbling about Ødegaard because he’s taking ESR’s position.

They’re both playing well so he’s being quite subtle with it at the moment. :lol:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
A-M is usually full of reaches but the Bellerin thing is valid IMO.

It’s not purely down to Hector, Arteta seems to tell Bellerin to come inside more while Cedric seems to play more like a natural RB.

Yeah he does seem to like Bellerin more in central areas. I still see no reason Pepe can’t flourish with Heccy though. If anything it frees up space out wide for him. He doesn’t need a partner to exchange one twos with, he’s good enough to take the game to the opposition on his own.

No way people can call him a flop now though. He’s done well and will only get better.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah he’s so weird, tends to target players who block players he likes. He can’t stand Pepe because of Saka and he’s already started grumbling about Ødegaard because he’s taking ESR’s position.

They’re both playing well so he’s being quite subtle with it at the moment. :lol:

I don't think he's racist, just a little "old-fashioned" tbh...softcore Brexit, is the best way I can probably describe Keown.

Pepe is our most skillful player, that doesn't mean he is our best overall player, that's probably Saka...but at his best is dribbling is top class.

I remember when Arshavin signed...he said Cesc was our best player, but he couldn't believe how much quality Diaby had, players couldn't get the ball of him in training.

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
Auba said he’s the most talented player in the squad and that it’s not even close, I think Laca has said the same thing as well. He’s combining that with end product and work-rate now while being secure in possession.

Do you have a quote for that from Auba? Not sure I would endorse this just on the back of one match when Saka has so consistently been a difference maker for the last couple of months. I do think Pepe’s success in this one does go back to overall balance, and whether we do ESR/Saka/Ødegaard with a CF or we only do two of the three with a quasi- goal scoring threat such as Pepe and Martinelli on either LW or RW. In this case Willian lived up to grouping him with ESR/Saka/Ødegaard.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Yeah he does seem to like Bellerin more in central areas. I still see no reason Pepe can’t flourish with Heccy though. If anything it frees up space out wide for him. He doesn’t need a partner to exchange one twos with, he’s good enough to take the game to the opposition on his own.

No way people can call him a flop now though. He’s done well and will only get better.
Those stats are better than expected and considering how our attack was basically non-existent until a couple months ago, very promising.

The key now is for Arteta to make the rotation a bit more balanced. Saka, Pepe, ESR, Ødegaard (and even Willian) should be getting regular minutes in the four behind Auba.

say yes

forum master baiter
I dunno man. I rate the guy highly but it’s not really about him.

He’s got to fight Saka for that spot; and Saka has been our best player this season.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
This Bellerin stuff is a bit of a reach. I'm not denying he's poor offensively and that does have some impact.

Yet how many times have we used Bellerin being a poor offensive partner to justify Saka not performing well on the right? We don't because Saka performs there irrespective and he's a kid not our record signing.

Pepe played well today, as he has done in most of his recent appearances so we should all get behind him and hope he keeps it up but there's a weird mollycoddling attitude towards Pepe on here sometimes.

Given his fee and the hype we should have seen more from him consistently over his 1.5 seasons here. Hopefully this nice little run he's on is the springboard for it.

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Do you have a quote for that from Auba? Not sure I would endorse this just on the back of one match when Saka has so consistently been a difference maker for the last couple of months. I do think Pepe’s success in this one does go back to overall balance, and whether we do ESR/Saka/Ødegaard with a CF or we only do two of the three with a quasi- goal scoring threat such as Pepe and Martinelli on either LW or RW. In this case Willian lived up to grouping him with ESR/Saka/Ødegaard.
I think @Macho translated a french Auba interview where they asked him who the most skilful in the squad was.

The time where Laca says it was also an interview when he was asked a similar question. No idea where I’ll find it but it was on the Arsenal YouTube channel.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Do you have a quote for that from Auba? Not sure I would endorse this just on the back of one match when Saka has so consistently been a difference maker for the last couple of months.

One match? He's had several now tbh. Hasn't really put a foot wrong since Southampton really. Then there's the end of last season that's been erased but whatever.

The time where Laca says it was also an interview when he was asked a similar question. No idea where I’ll find it but it was on the Arsenal YouTube channel.
Strikers union interview with Ian Wright.

I can repeat this stuff until I'm blue in the face tbh :lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I dunno man. I rate the guy highly but it’s not really about him.

He’s got to fight Saka for that spot; and Saka has been our best player this season.
He and Saka can play on either wing, Saka can play where on the pitch except ST tbh.

You never see Pep drop a player after a good game unless its to protect them. That’s how you create healthy competition.

Iceman10

Established Member
This Bellerin stuff is a bit of a reach. I'm not denying he's poor offensively and that does have some impact.

Yet how many times have we used Bellerin being a poor offensive partner to justify Saka not performing well on the right? We don't because Saka performs there irrespective and he's a kid not our record signing.

Pepe played well today, as he has done in most of his recent appearances so we should all get behind him and hope he keeps it up but there's a weird mollycoddling attitude towards Pepe on here sometimes.

I’m prepared to be patient with Pepe because I just don’t see us selling him for 25m this summer. I’ve not see anything other than patience from the player either, it would have been very easy for him to get his representatives leaking to the press about not being played enough, etc. but that didn’t happen. He is showing signs that he is ready to explode in his third season after in my view ironing some things out on the training pitch. I think we are beyond his lowest asset value now and it will only rebuild back up from here, most importantly with key contributions on the pitch.

I see @say yes talk about Pepe and Saka vying for RW, but I still think both can play together on either wing with a #10. This will require a tweak from either player, but I believe either would be more than capable of that.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Pepe is our most skillful player, that doesn't mean he is our best overall player, that's probably Saka.
I wouldn't argue otherwise. I'm not even convinced Pepe has a place at Arsenal tbh - he's better off elsewhere and his transfer to a decent club this summer is genuinely on my wishlist.

Saka wins you matches but I enjoy watching Pepe play, which just isn't going to happen here regardless of what he does.

say yes

forum master baiter
He and Saka can play on either wing, Saka can play where on the pitch except ST tbh.

You never see Pep drop a player after a good game unless its to protect them. That’s how you create healthy competition.
Saka is best at RW though? I mean yeah he’s good on the left too but he’s currently killing it on the right, can understand the manager not wanting to move him from there. Maybe it will change now ESR is injured.

Second bit is just wrong. Pep is constantly dropping e.g. Mahrez, no matter how he plays.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I’m prepared to be patient with Pepe because I just don’t see us selling him for 25m this summer. I’ve not see anything other than patience from the player either, it would have been very easy for him to get his representatives leaking to the press about not being played enough, etc. but that didn’t happen. He is showing signs that he is ready to explode in his third season after in my view ironing some things out on the training pitch. I think we are beyond his lowest asset value now and it will only rebuild back up from here, most importantly with key contributions on the pitch.

I see @say yes talk about Pepe and Saka vying for RW, but I still think both can play together on either wing with a #10. This will require a tweak from either player, but I believe either would be more than capable of that.

Saka will perform on either flank so I'm nor concerned about switching him up a bit to accommodate an inform Pepe. I don't think it's an either or situation, at all.

Pepe seems to have got his head down and worked hard and that seems to be paying off at the moment. There's clearly talent there, it's just going to come down to nurturing it and getting his consistency up a bit, which I do think is happening to be fair.

I want him to make it here as he's probably our most exciting player so I can see why some fans have really taken to him. We don't have many individual flair players that really excite you when they pick up the ball.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Second bit is just wrong. Pep is constantly dropping e.g. Mahrez, no matter how he plays.
There's no rhyme or reason to Pep's team selection but sitting on the bench for a title chasing side and the occasional CL match is different to being benched at a midtable club by kids.

Luckily it hasn't happened yet, but if Pepe packed it in and moped around I wouldn't have blamed him. Credit to Arteta he is obviously telling him something that makes him ok with it, but yeah he should be embarrased.

It's in Pepe's own interests for him to move on and climb that ladder again whilst he's mid twenties. He will regret it otherwise.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Saka is best at RW though? I mean yeah he’s good on the left too but he’s currently killing it on the right, can understand the manager not wanting to move him from there. Maybe it will change now ESR is injured.

Nah Mahrez gets dropped when he doesn’t have a good game.

The standards are so high at city that even a decent game means you might be dropped. But he’s never dropped a guy after they’ve had a good game. He might rest them but he doesn’t drop them.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nah Mahrez gets dropped when he doesn’t have a good game.

The standards are so high at city that even a decent game means you might be dropped. But he’s never dropped a guy after they’ve had a good game. He might rest them but he doesn’t drop them.
Tell that to my fantasy team. Rarely happens but I'mma strongly disagree with you there on that one chief.

Pep Roulette is real.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

So who does Arteta drop, then, for the next game, MotM Willian, Pepe, or Thursday MotM and player of the season Saka? Not all 3 can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom