• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Well if you take out that 8 game disaster patch and then average out our points, we’d be in second place behind City (calculated this a couple weeks ago, may or may not be exactly right anymore).

The results outside of that bad patch have been decent.
That is a lot of adjustment and I'm sure if you erased every teams bad patch this season everyone looks great. The points between teams are pretty close this season.

The red cards in very winnable matches and individual gaffs like Sterling scoring a header is what has been unfair on Mikel, none of those should have happened.

A number of those matches we lost in that run we thoroughly deserved to lose however. Wrong personnel, pumping crosses when we run out of ideas, not figuring out certain tactics against the like Sp**s, Leicester and Villa etc.

Credit to Arteta atleast theres a formation and plan now. Players slotting in or getting dropped doesn't hurt as much these days particularly upfront (was always fine at the back).

Makavelii

That is a lot of adjustment and I'm sure if you erased every teams bad patch this season everyone looks great. The points between teams are pretty close this season.

The red cards in very winnable matches and individual gaffs like Sterling scoring a header is what has been unfair on Mikel, none of those should have happened.

A number of those matches we lost in that run we thoroughly deserved to lose however. Wrong personnel, pumping crosses when we run out of ideas, not figuring out certain tactics against the like Sp**s, Leicester and Villa etc.

Credit to Arteta atleast theres a formation and plan now. Players slotting in or getting dropped doesn't hurt as much these days particularly upfront (was always fine at the back).
Fair points.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Remember when me you, @Tir Na Nog and @GDeep™ were calling for Arteta when the rest of the forum were popping their corks at Emery coming. Good to see you're still all in. I've had my doubts this year, but he's still here and who knows he might make us proud yet.
Haven’t you been ****ting on him for the last few weeks ? Don’t think you’ll be able to claim that one g

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Same old waffle, no substance, no metrics, no understanding of the history or patterns in the premier league.

:lol:

@Makingtrax in this thread

5592d6f8c06cbce7da3f7c630e637263.gif

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
That is harsh ;) . @AbouCuéllar may need to just revise his perspective to see where you are coming from. Arsenal has been given a reality check post Wenger. A perspective most had been deprived of due to Arsène's institutional brilliance. I can relate how and why most fans wanted him out and expected Emery / New Blood / Younger Manager to move the club on. We know the rest ! Today the veil has been removed and most fans are very measured with expectations and the reality has set in. Now we understand better how and what is needed for TOP4 finishes and winning trophies. I welcomed them to the club. We have been there a lot and understood since the Wenger years.

Em*ry was a disaster hire from the start. The moment he was hired I feared we would lose all the beautiful things Wenger had brought to this club, all the beautiful image he had built around it. Those who thought Em*ry was going to carry the club on were just as wrong as those who are saying now that Wenger should've continued / acting like he had no faults and hadn't brought the club into a steady decline and outdated approach in respect to his competitors in Europe and England.

The success of English clubs in Europe has been your attempt to move any discussion away from the Premier League and Arsenal's incredible success between 1996 and 2016, compared to before or after. Or indeed, compared to other clubs that have spent more, like Sp**s or Liverpool.
You're strawmanning. When have I ever discredit Arsène's fantastic success from 1996-2010? I've even said, while I think, with the full benefit of hindsight, 2010-11 might've been the right season to move on (this of course comes with the important caveat that the hire has to be a good one; if you totally bungle it incompetently, as Gazidis surely would've given what he did with Em*ry, then of course you are better off with Wenger), that Wenger's managerial job in 2012-13 was certainly a good one given his players available (removing the context of him being inseparable from the project and the players recruited; that is, Wenger was equally in charge of squad planning and coaching, so ultimately the buck for the whole quality of the project comes down to him, and there's no other way to say it than: the project in the decade of 2010-2020 was not a success, and was failing worse with each season).

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Haven’t you been ****ting on him for the last few weeks ? Don’t think you’ll be able to claim that one g
If you notice, he only really sh*ts on Arteta when Wenger is mentioned :lol:

I had to ask him myself but it actually checked out. Not sure how genuine the support is, but yeah he's telling the truth.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Well if you take out that 8 game disaster patch and then average out our points, we’d be in second place behind City (calculated this a couple weeks ago, may or may not be exactly right anymore).

The results outside of that bad patch have been decent.
Does that argument wash? Our losses have been consistent throughout the year in an up and down cycle throughout. There hasn't really been any sustained good or bad patch up until now.

The games we've lost this year
23 Sept Leics
28 Sept Pool
17 Oct City
25 Oct Leics
8 Nov Villa
29 Nov Wolves
6 Dec Spuds
13 Dec Burnley
19 Dec Everton
22 Dec City
23 Jan Southhptn
2 Feb Wolves
6 Feb Villa
21 Feb City

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That's slanderous, take it back bro :lol: I'll wait for your humble apology. Here's a couple, there's loads from 2018 before Wenger left.

January 2018 Post #4,823 @Makingtrax
Be a gutsy thing to do, to give the job to Arteta. An unknown quantity.The average age of our board is about 103. Do you think their hearts could take it?

April 2018 Post #8,623 @Makingtrax
But look at Barcelona in 2008. They appointed a guy who'd only had one year with a B team, Pep Guardiola. Everybody said it was a risk. Yet he turned out to be a superstar. Arteta has worked with two of the best attacking managers ever Wenger and Guardiola. Benitez, Ancelloti, LVG etc are just...

When Emery was appointed:
May 2018 Post #13448 @Makingtrax
Feels like my dog has died. :( Think I'll get a puppy and call it Arteta.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
That's slanderous, take it back bro :lol: I'll wait for your humble apology. Here's a couple, there's loads from 2018 before Wenger left.

January 2018 Post #4,823 @Makingtrax
Be a gutsy thing to do, to give the job to Arteta. An unknown quantity.The average age of our board is about 103. Do you think their hearts could take it?

April 2018 Post #8,623 @Makingtrax
But look at Barcelona in 2008. They appointed a guy who'd only had one year with a B team, Pep Guardiola. Everybody said it was a risk. Yet he turned out to be a superstar. Arteta has worked with two of the best attacking managers ever Wenger and Guardiola. Benitez, Ancelloti, LVG etc are just...

When Emery was appointed:
May 2018 Post #13448 @Makingtrax
Feels like my dog has died. :( Think I'll get a puppy and call it Arteta.
I'm not talking about back then, I remember you being someone who wanted Arteta.

I'm saying now, the last few weeks.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Em*ry was a disaster hire from the start. The moment he was hired I feared we would lose all the beautiful things Wenger had brought to this club, all the beautiful image he had built around it. Those who thought Em*ry was going to carry the club on were just as wrong as those who are saying now that Wenger should've continued / acting like he had no faults and hadn't brought the club into a steady decline and outdated approach in respect to his competitors in Europe and England.

You're strawmanning. When have I ever discredit Arsène's fantastic success from 1996-2010? I've even said, while I think, with the full benefit of hindsight, 2010-11 might've been the right season to move on (this of course comes with the important caveat that the hire has to be a good one; if you totally bungle it incompetently, as Gazidis surely would've given what he did with Em*ry, then of course you are better off with Wenger), that Wenger's managerial job in 2012-13 was certainly a good one given his players available (removing the context of him being inseparable from the project and the players recruited; that is, Wenger was equally in charge of squad planning and coaching, so ultimately the buck for the whole quality of the project comes down to him, and there's no other way to say it than: the project in the decade of 2010-2020 was not a success, and was failing worse with each season).
:lol: There's no strawman. I ask you yet again if not in this thread, in the History thread, show me your metrics. There was no decline between 2010 to 2016. If you can't show them, stop harping on about it.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That died down, and then MakingSweetSoulfulHouseTrax brought up big Wengz again on page 1355. All in response to people being (god forbid!) positive about Arsenal's current manager.
:lol: Total twisting of the facts. I was replying to all those posts rubbishing Arsène again. Nothing to do with Arteta, and you know it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
:lol: You said 'you can't claim that one'. What were you referring to then?
You were saying stuff like "hope he makes us proud" but you've haven't exactly been the most supportive recently, thats what I mean.

I think he would make the people tryna back him throughout these difficult times more proud than people who wanted him before they even knew him as a manager. Not a big deal, just pointing it out.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If you notice, he only really sh*ts on Arteta when Wenger is mentioned :lol:

I had to ask him myself but it actually checked out. Not sure how genuine the support is, but yeah he's telling the truth.

To be fair if Jesus descended from the heavens and questioned Wenger playing Lord Bendtner on the wing. Trax would be there with reams of net spend data to sent Jesus packing back to heaven.

He's more committed to Arsène than than the 12 Apostles were to Jesus :lol:

Got to admire that level of commitment to be honest.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Listen, I'm a Wenger stan. I love the man. I feel he gets shat on to prop Arteta up at times, but it's not just the Cultists that keep bringing him into the discussion.

Though he's not blame-free, I'll continue to defend the man when people try to shift blame to him that is unwarranted.

Having said that, it's all getting a bit old and DialSpray is not even here trying to bait Trax into spiriling the discussion back to Arsène yet again.

Can we move on for a bit?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I asked Val for a "This thread has been Wenger free for XYZ days" functionality for this thread, but the head honchos felt it would cost too much and bring the servers down.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Does that argument wash? Our losses have been consistent throughout the year in an up and down cycle throughout. There hasn't really been any sustained good or bad patch up until now.

23 Sept Leics
28 Sept Pool
17 Oct City
25 Oct Leics
8 Nov Villa
29 Nov Wolves
6 Dec Spuds
13 Dec Burnley
19 Dec Everton
22 Dec City
23 Jan Southhptn
2 Feb Wolves
6 Feb Villa
21 Feb City

But it's part of the "Process™️", otherwise, we wouldn't know if we were progressing at a steady pace or not (or some such nonsense).

I've seen Refineries shut down, dismantled & rebuilt in the time it'll arguably take us to start acting like a cohesive team that doesn't celebrate an away at the ground of a rival like it's some sort of momentous occasion instead of it being something that is expected of a club of our stature :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

23 Sept Leics
28 Sept Pool
17 Oct City
25 Oct Leics
8 Nov Villa
29 Nov Wolves
6 Dec Spuds
13 Dec Burnley
19 Dec Everton
22 Dec City
23 Jan Southhptn
2 Feb Wolves
6 Feb Villa
21 Feb City
Yeah I would argue that we haven't shown runs of good form enough. I think we need time and to replace some of our problems before we become more consistent. However, you really did botch the statistics a bit to screw over your boy Arteta :lol:

Late December - February was clearly a very good period where we won a lot of games, got clean sheets, and scored a lot of goals. That Southampton loss was in the FA cup, which we won last year and isnt our priority this season. Our run of form pre maturely ended vs Wolves as well, shoulda been at least 1 more if we weren't absolutely robbed.

Top Bottom