• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You give @Riou too much credit tbh, he was making plenty of bummy posts at the height of the sh*tness we saw this season standing along side the manberg alts.

If you don't upset somebody you aint posting right imo. I get Sweet 'n' Sour and his loyal legion circling my sh*t all the time.
You’ve got nothing on me man, enemies everywhere. @Riou is genuinely my hero. :lol:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Maybe I'm in the minority, the Invincibles were just amazing but I'd take winning the Champions League title against Barca over it. Henry's miss there still haunts me to this day.

What does going the season unbeaten actually give you other than a bit of bragging rights and a nice stat? We've won 13 League titles to date, that's all going the season unbeaten gives you in real terms.

It eats a way at me a bit seeing clubs like Villa, Chelsea, Forest etc with CL / European Cups and us sat on 0.

We should have had 1 if not 2 CL's trophies over the past 2 decades or so. We underachieved on that front for sure.
I think for me it's close. Wenger deserved a CL if only for the art form he turned English football into. I would have loved to see him lift the trophy and a club like Arsenal is deserving of a CL title. Tbh I don't actually feel the need to see us lift that trophy per se, but we could do with shutting up rival fans who keep mentioning it's absence.

The fact they keep mentioning it is testament to the status of this club and the high expectations Wengers reign has set. Nobody mentions the absence of CL in relation to a Sp**s or Everton as nobody expects them to compete at that level nor have they ever set a footballing standard close to what Arsenal achieved under Wenger.

I do enjoy the fact that the Invincibles season is an achievement that probably won't ever be matched in the PL.

Combine that with the fact that he had the balls to claim he could do it beforehand. Rival fans mock it as a worthless achievement, but the fact no single manager ever dares to speak about going unbeaten speaks volumes.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think for me it's close. Wenger deserved a CL if only for the art form he turned English football into. I would have loved to see him lift the trophy and a club like Arsenal is deserving of a CL title. Tbh I don't actually feel the need to see us lift that trophy per se, but we could do with shutting up rival fans who keep mentioning it's absence.

The fact they keep mentioning it is testament to the status of this club and the high expectations Wengers reign has set. Nobody mentions the absence of CL in relation to a Sp**s or Everton as nobody expects them to compete at that level nor have they ever set a footballing standard close to what Arsenal achieved under Wenger.

I do enjoy the fact that the Invincibles season is an achievement that probably won't ever be matched in the PL.

Combine that with the fact that he had the balls to claim he could do it beforehand. Rival fans mock it as a worthless achievement, but the fact no single manager ever dares to speak about going unbeaten speaks volumes.

Fair points.

To be honest every time Man City or Liverpool reach the 20 mark unbeaten run from the start of a season I do start to get a bit twitchy about the Invincibles being equalled, which I definitely don't want to see happen. So it's not like it has no value and it's definitely one of the few things we can hold over other clubs and still brag about, which I like 😏

Finesse

Can't be having that, you can't just take games out here and there. End of the day we haven't played good consistent football this season and that's that.

The "that's that" is not our goal. It is just a fact paints a picture which may change as events unfold over the near future. The essential is the facts you stated above are the stages towards developing a consistent rhythm. You learn from what is the reason of inconsistencies to understand how to change it around to a consistent system. However the ultimate question is , do you see any improvement from December onwards vis a vis before December to show there is a direction towards the kind of consistency desired ? Football is a progressive game.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You know the Invincible season is a record worth having, as all the press in this country constantly try to downplay it but at the same time as soon as any team is like 10 game unbeaten into a season, they are always compared to us...everyone wants it, but no one else is getting it :drool:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Arteta fan boys keep telling me that Arsenal have been playing like prime Barca since December yet we are still 10th in March.

They've long ceased being fans and have since become cultists. I blame his quiet, restrained charisma :lol:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What surprises me is the vitriol which some spews over our manager. I can understand those who think that he hasn't done a good enough job, and that we should hire someone else.

But comments like "low IQ" - "horrible human being" etc Really? It certainly reflects more on the person making the statements.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
What surprises me is the vitriol which some spews over our manager. I can understand those who think that he hasn't done a good enough job, and that we should hire someone else.

But comments like "low IQ" - "horrible human being" etc Really? It certainly reflects more on the person making the statements.

I'm on record saying the terrorist stuff is out of line fit him and Emery... Even if I did call Emery Bùmery a couple of times.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don't like that stuff either and thankfully have refrained from doing it.

Called Arteta cone boy once but that's about it.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I have a dark sense of humour and the *********** and Dicteta stuff absolutely cracked me up. Was howling.

I get why people find it offensive but for me I'm rarely offended.

say yes

forum master baiter

Invincibles is the greatest bragging-rights winner ever. Definitely prefer it to winning the CL.

Whenever you want to wind up an opposition fan IRL, tell them that it's the greatest achievement in sporting history. They will get rustled and say it's not better than winning the CL. Then you just need to use the immortal line: "Someone wins the CL every year, only one club has ever won a golden PL trophy". Always works.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Maybe I'm in the minority, the Invincibles were just amazing but I'd take winning the Champions League title against Barca over it. Henry's miss there still haunts me to this day.

What does going the season unbeaten actually give you other than a bit of bragging rights and a nice stat? We've won 13 League titles to date, that's all going the season unbeaten gives you in real terms.

It eats a way at me a bit seeing clubs like Villa, Chelsea, Forest etc with CL / European Cups and us sat on 0.

We should have had 1 if not 2 CL's trophies over the past 2 decades or so. We underachieved on that front for sure.

I'm with you there. I would have loved a CL trophy. The Arsenal of that era deserved it.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
2006 was gutting but we should have won the Champs League in the Invincibles year itself then their would be no doubt on it being the greatest season ever. Porto/Monaco **** sake!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Arteta fan boys keep telling me that Arsenal have been playing like prime Barca since December yet we are still 10th in March.

Makes you wonder.
We certainly haven't played as well as knackered Barcelona at times but our damnation came in November and December. I saw a stat that showed Everton before their last match had 1/12 points. Despite some wins, we're so far behind because we really were flirting with a relegation battle. Other teams blips can't be used to our advantage because the only consistent and protracted run we've had was a losing one- with some draws. :confused:

Top Bottom