• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Invincibles is the greatest bragging-rights winner ever. Definitely prefer it to winning the CL.

Whenever you want to wind up an opposition fan IRL, tell them that it's the greatest achievement in sporting history. They will get rustled and say it's not better than winning the CL. Then you just need to use the immortal line: "Someone wins the CL every year, only one club has ever won a golden PL trophy". Always works.

"Is yours gold?" Is literally the best go to. There's literally no comeback to it. We're literally the only team to achieve it.

It's also hilarious how opposition fans try to downplay it all the time yet Liverpool fans were desperate to do it, then they lost 3-0 to Watford and pretended it didn't matter again.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

"Is yours gold?" Is literally the best go to. There's literally no comeback to it. We're literally the only team to achieve it.

It's also hilarious how opposition fans try to downplay it all the time yet Liverpool fans were desperate to do it, then they lost 3-0 to Watford and pretended it didn't matter again.

The worst are the Chelsea fans "We got 5 more points the following season winning more matches/points than your invincibles". You can tell their single loss that season at what was back then Eastlands against a City side with such luminaries as Antoine Sibierski, Paul Bosvelt & Sun Jihai stung more than they'd care to admit :lol:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Invincibles is the greatest bragging-rights winner ever. Definitely prefer it to winning the CL.

Whenever you want to wind up an opposition fan IRL, tell them that it's the greatest achievement in sporting history. They will get rustled and say it's not better than winning the CL. Then you just need to use the immortal line: "Someone wins the CL every year, only one club has ever won a golden PL trophy". Always works.
It's great wind up material. Gets them so worked up. More so than them mentioning the CL.

Fair points.

To be honest every time Man City or Liverpool reach the 20 mark unbeaten run from the start of a season I do start to get a bit twitchy about the Invincibles being equalled, which I definitely don't want to see happen. So it's not like it has no value and it's definitely one of the few things we can hold over other clubs and still brag about, which I like 😏
I highly enjoyed that Watford game. It's literally feeding off scraps, but it was very much uplifting.

Finesse

Another very crucial issue some of us may not have considered or may completely not be aware of is team core player dynamics and power. I speak to very many players and over the years there is this dynamic they always point out. There is this dressing room culture where a click of players , a mixture of senior / key players / big characters who sort of control a dressing room. The rest follow and some just don't get involved but never cross them. These guys control the politics and they are known by the players and managers. There is some form of mutual respect. These guys can over a while directly and indirectly influence a manager's tenure , success and failure. When the going for the Manager gets tough , they can fold up , push the blame to the manager and let the knifes cut him out. That's when we hear the classic he has lost the dressing room / they no longer play or run for him etc.

I think at Arsenal , Arteta over time has disbanded and moved about things to wane the power of the one at Arsenal. It has cost him a lot in the process and nearly cost him the job. Gradually they have come to the realisation he has the very highest backing from the very top. As some fans have realised too , he is not going away soon. Hence they have resigned and now joined the process and playing for the Manager and started finding more in themselves than before. If they keep doing so and throw themselves behind the kind of commitment he wants , you will start seeing top performances from this team. Competition for places will be fierce and the team spirit we seek would finally crystallise.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Another very crucial issue some of us may not have considered or may completely not be aware of is team core player dynamics and power. I speak to very many players and over the years there is this dynamic they always point out. There is this dressing room culture where a click of players , a mixture of senior / key players / big characters who sort of control a dressing room. The rest follow and some just don't get involved but never cross them. These guys control the politics and they are known by the players and managers. There is some form of mutual respect. These guys can over a while directly and indirectly influence a manager's tenure , success and failure. When the going for the Manager gets tough , they can fold up , push the blame to the manager and let the knifes cut him out. That's when we hear the classic he has lost the dressing room / they no longer play or run for him etc.

I think at Arsenal , Arteta over time has disbanded and moved about things to wane the power of the one at Arsenal. It has cost him a lot in the process and nearly cost him the job. Gradually they have come to the realisation he has the very highest backing from the very top. As some fans have realised too , he is not going away soon. Hence they have resigned and now joined the process and playing for the Manager and started finding more in themselves than before. If they keep doing so and throw themselves behind the kind of commitment he wants , you will start seeing top performances from this team. Competition for places will be fierce and the team spirit we seek would finally crystallise.
Weird brag.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta fan boys keep telling me that Arsenal have been playing like prime Barca since December yet we are still 10th in March.

Makes you wonder.
They've long ceased being fans and have since become cultists. I blame his quiet, restrained charisma :lol:
Just scrolled through last 10 pages of this thread and haven't seen any of this

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Wonder if the mods could fix an intelligence test as part of the lobby. Would make this place a forum of wonder. Nothing special, a bit higher than a carrot would be fine.

You know what they say about human psychology, we are bothered by others most by those traits they have that we recognise in ourselves 😜
I'm trying to not crap on Mikel nowadays, but is it bad that I think no amount of money would help that guy?
Yeah, it's bad, kinda like pretty much every take I read from you 😬

Remember all the hate Arteta got for Marí and Cedric signings (and Luiz extension)? That's gone a bit quiet now...suddenly they look like two rather keen additions to the dressing room and the squad (Luiz still our best CB after Gabriel, right there with Marí)...funny how that goes 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Mid-table Mikel sounds like it came from Trump's mouth.
Trump definitely wouldn't be a big fan of Mikel. Probably see him as a race traitor for speaking spanish, not knowing where Spain is on a map, and thinking that all spanish speakers are tan taco and spicy food-eating monsters.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The only thing I think is uncalled for, I wish people would stop belittling his FA cup win, wish people would stop belittling the FA cup in general.

That trophy has given me so of my best times as an Arsenal fan, and for Mikel to win one so quickly as a manager (Increasing our record total too) deserves a lot of credit for that, especially having to beat Oil Money FC in both the semi-final and final!

say yes

forum master baiter
I'm trying to not crap on Mikel nowadays, but is it bad that I think no amount of money would help that guy?
Taking this thread back to a more serious place, no. I completely disagree with your evaluation of Mikel, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Unlike many posters on here, I also know that you would happily be wrong; and will give Mikel a fair whack.

On money though - I think the Ole experiment at United has shown that even a useless manager can succeed (to an extent) if you back their vision for the squad with enough money.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Imagine "losing" Arteta to Barcelona ffs.

It'd be like having a fat girlfriend you want to break up with but stick by out of misplaced loyalty and principles, only to have her dump you for a better looking acquaintance who you hate. Humiliation/10

Not that I would know what that's like or anything...

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
The only thing I think is uncalled for, I wish people would stop belittling his FA cup win, wish people would stop belittling the FA cup in general.

That trophy has given me so of my best times as an Arsenal fan, and for Mikel to win one so quickly as a manager (Increasing our record total too) deserves a lot of credit for that, especially having to beat Oil Money FC in both the semi-final and final!
Let's just get Dimatteo then. He won the Champions League.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Let's just get Dimatteo then. He won the Champions League.

Unemployed atm, I think...might be a nice cheap option, after Mikel leaves us for Barca ;)

I would take any trophy win, over finishing as high as 2nd, tbh.

With the board/structure at out club now, we will never be able to push on and win the Premier league or Champions league, we just don't have an owner that will push us to that level...so I would take an FA win, hell even a league cup win, over finishing in the Champions league spots personally, at least until we have an owner that will help kick us on.

Don't get me wrong, I want Arsenal in the Champions league, finishing high up the league gives you bragging rights too...but trophies above all else for me.

Last edited:

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Unemployed atm, I think...might be a nice cheap option, after Mikel leaves us for Barca.
I was being sarcastic.

Managers can get fluky cup wins. It's not unheard of.

The real test is the league on how good you actually are. The FA Cup was obviously brilliant, but it should have been followed up with a good season in the league.

Hell, we might even win the Europa League - that would definitely get supporters like myself back on Arteta side. But ultimately, our goal is to win the league and Champions League - we can't just have luck on our side to do it.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If Arteta had been sacked on Christmas day and the new manager had the exact same results from then ( Top 4 pace) the Arteta haters would be lapping it up, saying what a good job the new manager was doing compared to Arteta, and how the uptick in results was evidence it was right to sack him :lol:

If some fans can't forgive the first portion of the season and want him sacked, fair enough, but it can't really be argued Arteta's not improved results / performances since Christmas and he's improved them to an acceptable degree, being on top 4 pace.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If Arteta had been sacked on Christmas day and the new manager had the exact same results from then ( Top 4 pace) the Arteta haters would be lapping it up, saying what a good job the new manager was doing compared to Arteta, and how the uptick in results was evidence it was right to sack him :lol:
What's wrong with that? Arteta finished last season strongly as well so let's not pretend this uptick in form is permanent we just don't know.

Tbf it doesn't really matter Hairspray was actually right in the end, even if this guy completely sh*ts the bed (again) this is just our lot for the foreseeable.

And people will say "no blah blah blah next season is different" but tbh it will just be Bellerin and Xhaka's name being mentioned if things go tits up it's just so obvious.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom