• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Toney

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,246
  • Views 76,791

Is Toney an upgrade on Gabriel Jesus at CF?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If we are to go for a striker this summer Toney would be my number 1 choice. Strong, good in the air, ball really sticks to him, excellent finisher and really underrated passer. I guess it depends on what happens with Laca and also if we continue playing Auba up front is it really likely that we would spend decent money on a striker?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I watched his YouTube compilation last night, it doesnt exactly excite you at the prospect of signing him but thats all I've seen of him.

Is he any good?
I've liked what I've seen of him, albeit only in a few games. Bullied Sp**s' CB's in their Carabao Cup semi-final as well.

Goonger

If we are to go for a striker this summer Toney would be my number 1 choice. Strong, good in the air, ball really sticks to him, excellent finisher and really underrated passer. I guess it depends on what happens with Laca and also if we continue playing Auba up front is it really likely that we would spend decent money on a striker?

I shall echo this. Like Watkins & Calvert Lewin, has a good all round game. I think he can be more ruthless than those 2 though.

Sell Laca & Eddie & get this lad in.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I shall echo this. Like Watkins & Calvert Lewin, has a good all round game. I think he can be more ruthless than those 2 though.

Sell Laca & Eddie & get this lad in.

Yeah even last year when he banged the goals in Watkins wasn’t quite the finisher Toney is this year.

He looked like the converted winger that he actually was. I think Toney goalscoring wise might not do really well here but his hold up play is really incredible.

No matter where an aerial duel is he seems to get his head on it and the ball just sticks to him. He’s looked decent at laying the ball off as well.

Auba could rack up the goals playing off him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If he similar to Watkins then it'll be a good signing to compete with auba and Bolagun we may end up not spending much on him if we got 25M from laca

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I watched his YouTube compilation last night, it doesnt exactly excite you at the prospect of signing him but thats all I've seen of him.

Is he any good?
About where I’m at. He’s got the stats but they don’t match the eye test. Makes you wonder if he can take the step up.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
What is his non-penalty goal tally? Bit wary of that after Lacazette.

Just watched a highlight video. Looks decent. Seems to be a striker in the Giroud mold: decent link-up, physically imposing, strong in the air, lots of poacher goals. Definitely provides something else compared to Aubameyang.

I do have a strong bias towards van Persie/Aguero type strikers, though. Technical excellence, can create something out of nothing by themselves, good shot and vision. Not sure he fits that.

In that regard I see more in Isak for example, but I may be wrong as it's only a highlight video. Striker market isn't great at the moment it seems. I always rated Dolberg at Ajax, but he lost his form and I don't know how he's getting on at Nice. Look at his older highlights, though, astonishing technique.

I want a striker that can be our new n1 after next season, with one season behind Aubameyang to slowly take over the spot.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Just watched a highlight video. Looks decent. Seems to be a striker in the Giroud mold: decent link-up, physically imposing, strong in the air, lots of poacher goals. Definitely provides something else compared to Aubameyang.

I do have a strong bias towards van Persie/Aguero type strikers, though. Technical excellence, can create something out of nothing by themselves, good shot and vision. Not sure he fits that.

In that regard I see more in Isak for example, but I may be wrong as it's only a highlight video. Striker market isn't great at the moment it seems. I always rated Dolberg at Ajax, but he lost his form and I don't know how he's getting on at Nice. Look at his older highlights, though, astonishing technique.

I want a striker that can be our new n1 after next season, with one season behind Aubameyang to slowly take over the spot.

14 in 24. I think his skill set is less about the goals so you’d need Auba or Pepe in the team every game to get your goals.

Think he’d get more than Watkins has done so far in the league this year fwiw.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
14 in 24. I think his skill set is less about the goals so you’d need Auba or Pepe in the team every game to get your goals.

Think he’d get more than Watkins has done so far in the league this year fwiw.
Not bad at all admittedly. The way I see it is that Auba is our centre striker for one more year, so I wouldn't want him to have to rely on a goalscoring winger in Auba alongside him as he should be his longterm replacement. Pepe could be that goalscoring winger though.

Just watched the Edouard highlights as well and when I compare the two I see a lot more technical ability in Edoaurd, closer to my ideal type of striker, but I know neither well enough to make that call.

Goonger

He has 24 goals in the Championship in 33 games, 5 were penalties. He also has 9 assists.

Last season in League 1, he scored 24 goals from 32 games, 2 were penalties. He had 5 assists.

What I like is he's well rounded. He's not just a poacher, he's not just a target man, he can do a bit of both. And he's worked his way up, played in physically demanding lower league football, so there should be no season or 2 to get used to the physicality of English football.

Edouard is good. He is more technical, has a bit more grace to his game. This guy has a bit more power, hunger & ruthlessness. I would prefer the latter.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

I watched Dolberg come on as a substitute for Nice the other day, he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. Looks like he's totally lost his form and confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom