• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

akhil

Whilst you are right about match day revenue hurting us more than other clubs, I think there is enough evidence to support that match day income has become less important with time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52529679

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44850888

In the second article it shows that more than half the teams in the premiership were in the green before match day revenues are taken into consideration. This includes teams habitually in the bottom half of the table too.

^Profit with out fans in 2016-2017

I think clubs are not as broke as they are pretending to be. Arsenal will definitely feel the effects more than others though for sure.

Paying CL salaries for a not so CL quality team is probably equally as important as having no match day revenue I suspect. Promises to restore some of the duct pay if we made it back into Europe leads me to believe this.

Are there figures from a more recent year? Does that take transfers fees into account? The clubs with the bigger stadiums also drive the transfer market to a certain extent. One of large profits could be driven by +ve net spends on the transfer market.

The wages as a % of matchday income is an interesting one. That kind of gives a more accurate view I think. But again the ones with the lowest share are the ones with the smaller stadiums and outside of London.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Reducing our wage bill and CL qualification can't come soon enough. Selling Kolasinac, Mustafi, Sokratis, getting Ozils £18m off the wage bill really needed. That should be roughly £35m a year. Of course Aubas wage has increased, Partey sounds expensive, Aouar won't be in low wages. Challenging times.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Reducing our wage bill and CL qualification can't come soon enough. Selling Kolasinac, Mustafi, Sokratis, getting Ozils £18m off the wage bill really needed. That should be roughly £35m a year. Of course Aubas wage has increased, Partey sounds expensive, Aouar won't be in low wages. Challenging times.

On the bright side, these losses could reduce Kroenkes reluctance to sell

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Not really challenging times when we finally sell few of those next season our wagebill will be in much healthier position when Özil mustafi Luiz all contracts run Down that'll clear more than 500k a week but first this summer Sokratis Kola Torreira has to go to cover both Partey Aouar wages.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This is from yesterday but I haven't seen it posted anywhere. We've borrowed £120m from The Bank of England. Seems odd when we have a billionaire owner!

Arsenal take out £120m Bank of England loan to ease Covid-19 cashflow worries | Football | The Guardian

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The thread is interesting as a whole.

EsqKksfWMAICMdT

Top Bottom