• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Am shocked to discover that our manager and former club captain, who has always been praised for his man-management skills and has managed to keep squad morale high despite some awful form, might have known more about the problem-characters in our squad than some dweebs on the internet who are only ever looking to criticise.
The Özil blow hards on AM have gone awfully silent on their little prince. Think he is injured now... Guess they can blame that on Arteta too?

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Arteta has high standards, great stuff from the boss...keep this **** squad on its toes at all times!

Keep that **** in the dressing room. You never call out your entire squad and you should rarely call out individual players unless you have the medals and charm to back it up.

How many times did Wenger come out and back his boys to the hilt? Or Ferguson?

I remember when Ferguson came out crying (literally) about how important Rooney was to Man Utd all the while trying to ship him off to Chelsea because he saw the decline coming

Wenger never bashed Giroud in public and spent every single transfer window since the Frenchman arrived, trying to replace him.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Keep that **** in the dressing room. You never call out your entire squad and you should rarely call out individual players unless you have the medals and charm to back it up.

How many times did Wenger come out and back his boys to the hilt? Or Ferguson?

I remember when Ferguson came out crying (literally) about how important Rooney was to Man Utd all the while trying to ship him off to Chelsea because he saw the decline coming

Wenger never bashed Giroud in public and spent every single transfer window since the Frenchman arrived, trying to replace him.
If you actually read the whole quote it is totally legitimate what he says. Think the players understand that as they team improves, as it needs to improve, it will be harder to keep a spot for them. I personally think it is good that he comes out and lights a fire under the behinds of our players. One of our problems was that we had become fine with players coasting and that culture simply had to stop. Changing that will never be pain free and the squad is going through that pain right now. From where I am sitting it seems like the squad is bought in to what Arteta is trying to do. So statement is totally fine.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Superb team selection from Mikel, credit where it's due. Great man management to reward Willian with a start today!

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm not sure Arteta needs to say some of these things in public, but I appreciate the honestly.

Seeing him have a backbone and take on subversive elements of the squad generally is something I can really get behind though. It's been a long time coming.

Özil, Mustafi, Kola, Out. Telling Guendouzi he's played his last game for the club, I love this sort of stuff.

If you've got a bad attitude, disrespect the club, aren't committed etc Don't let the door him you on the way out. We don't need you, irrespective of how much talent you have.

Most of the current squad seem fairly decent characters to be fair, if a bit soft, but it's been like the inmates running the asylum for a long while before Arteta arrived. In hindsight I think that was largely Emery's downfall, he was just too weak, or at least wasn't supported by the club to take some of the players on.

Arteta hammering home the point about 'Non-negotiables' in his first press conference makes me think he knew what the issue was.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Jerry-Seinfeld-Has-Seen-Enough-Reaction-Gif.gif

silent_shadow

Established Member
Another 95 mins of my life I'll never get back.
Thanks Arteta.

Worst is, this result was not even a surprise. Yet you get a sizeable chunk of the fanbase who still back this man.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Sean Dyche has now taken 4 points from Arteta in the space of a few months.

How are Mikel and Ole still managing our teams? Frauds the pair of them.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
We are going to finish 10th aren't we?
Of course. That was always going to happen after the abysmal run where Arteta should have been fired. This season is a throw away. Its all about trying to build on the positives for next season, and I'm not sure there's enough here to build on.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Waiting for the match to end like some ****ing vultures. Should have scored four goals and didn't get a stonewall penalty.

But let's blame Arteta!
Arteta cannot coach the mistakes out of this lot and keeps picking the ones who let us down the most.

Top Bottom