• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We're going to be midtable while he's here. The only way he's going to be success here is if Kroenke sells to an Oil gulf state.

We have players like Pepe, Saka, Tierney, Auba, Partey, Ødegaard. These are top four material and Our fans still think our team is midtable?

Players like martial or luke Shaw won't start for us. But they start for a team that is better than ours. It's not the players. Open yours eyes.
The manbergs and Hairspray has done more damage to this forum than I thought. They've completely brainwashed a large swathe of the posters on here.

say yes

forum master baiter
We're going to be midtable while he's here. The only way he's going to be success here is if Kroenke sells to an Oil gulf state.

We have players like Pepe, Saka, Tierney, Auba, Partey, Ødegaard. These are top four material and Our fans still think our team is midtable?

Players like martial or luke Shaw won't start for us. But they start for a team that is better than ours. It's not the players. Open yours eyes.
The manbergs and Hairspray has done more damage to this forum than I thought. They've completely brainwashed a large swathe of the posters on here.
Genuine question, do you think we have one of the top 4 squads in the league?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
oddly enough I actually feel pretty good about Arteta after that, which is weird cos I couldn't stand him about 2 weeks ago. Think it's cos he came out after the game and slagged the refs off and the players off for being sh*te and missing chances. I like that.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Most of the posters here still defending him are doing so out of obligation. I'm sure they know deep down our 'crapness' is his fault

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I genuinely do to be honest. I think City and Pool definitely have better squads and probably Chelsea. Us and United are pretty close on paper. Actually I'm not even sure Chelsea's is any better than we have, again on paper.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Maybe not outright top 4. But definitely top six. Leicester, man utd and most of the other top 4 contenders don't have top four players in every position. They have some top four players rounded out with average ones. There's no excuse why we should be 10th at this stage of the season with the quality of players we have.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Combination of VAR nonsense and poor finishing cost us, plus Xhaka doing Xhaka things. We were coasting before that moment.

My main criticism of Arteta would be not giving Pepe more game time.

I don't know what you do as a manager to cut out these silly individual errors though. Maybe it's my Arsenal bias but we seem to be committing howlers that lead to goals every other game.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
That doesn't have anything to do with my question unless you think Leicester have one of the top 4 squads in the league?
They don't, but looks like they have someone who will take them above their level, and we have someone who will take us 2 levels down

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don’t think so. That said, it’s better than 10-14th in the weakest PL season ever, and also a squad that has maybe up to 14 players that were signed, loaned, extended, and kept on under Arteta.

All that said, I don’t know why we are discussing Arteta tonight when we were clearly let down by the players today. Game should’ve been won in the first 30 minutes.

say yes

forum master baiter
Maybe not outright top 4. But definitely top six. Leicester, man utd and most of the other top 4 contenders don't have top four players in every position. They have some top four players rounded out with average ones. There's no excuse why we should be 10th at this stage of the season with the quality of players we have.
City, Chelsea, Liverpool and United clearly have better squads than us imo (which you'd expect given their spend). The only clubs clearly outperforming us relative to their squad are Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Villa.

Not defending where we are as 10th clearly isn't good enough, but I do feel like it's a bit disingenuous to pretend we've got one of the top 4 squads in the league. In reality, we're in a fight with with Sp**s for 5th / 6th best.

LG10

So we created chances and the match was fixed but we dropped point so must be the managers fault! Self hating ****s

say yes

forum master baiter
All that said, I don’t know why we are discussing Arteta tonight when we were clearly let down by the players today. Game should’ve been won in the first 30 minutes.
This is the key point for me. It's ok not to rate Arteta, but today clearly wasn't on him. He set us up well, we performed well, and we should have won comfortably. The players (and VAR) ****ed up, again.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

City, Chelsea, Liverpool and United If we had a competent manager, I'mclearly have better squads than us imo (which you'd expect given their spend). The only clubs clearly outperforming us relative to their squad are Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Villa.

Not defending where we are as 10th clearly isn't good enough, but I do feel like it's a bit disingenuous to pretend we've got one of the top 4 squads in the league. In reality, we're in a fight with with Sp**s for 5th / 6th best.

If we had a competent manager I'm Pretty confident we'd be around 4th-6th at this stage of the season given how this season has gone generally.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Oh Arteta is definitely changing the mentality of this team. We look perfectly content with being 10th place, that didn't happen back then.

He's even changing the mentality of the fanbase, it must be amusing to watch from a neutral perspective I'm sure
That’s it exactly. Unai or Arsène would have had the fans almost suicidal for being 10th. I wanted to give Arteta a chance but I’m not prepared to lower my Arsenal standards just because of that. Standards are standards. Arsenal should not be mid table.

And what’s more it’s highly suspect that the posters on here that were the most critical of Arsène (top 4 not being good enough), are the ones making the most excuses for Arteta.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Refs might have a hand in losing these sort of games but Arteta’s approach will always leave us in that sort of position unless we suddenly become defensively solid.

Didn‘t even like the guy but Emery was a top four manager if It weren’t for VAR. Arteta? Maybe top six. If you’re going to cry about how this is all so unfair on Arteta then you also need to consider where preceding managers might’ve taken us.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom