• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
As mentioned countless times in this thread, he is a middling player with some decent attributes with the capacity for a brainfart from time to time. The sort of player Everton will have gone for 10 years ago, and the type that we are apparently so dependent on now.

Think about it..10 years ago we had Fabregas and Cazorla. Midfielders who can receive the ball in any area of the pitch on any foot without bother, and who can find their player or wriggle free out of trouble with ease. Now we have Xhaka who spends an age sorting out which foot he is going to use to kick the ball and ****s his kecks the minute he is pressed. We’ve not made the CL in every year he has played for us. How has it come to this?

Why

Always Me ?
Thing is when we play well people don't really whinge about individual performances, as someone said above if we won 3-1 we would kind of forget about what Xhaka did today. We would take the piss, but AFTV wouldn't be screaming for him to be gone and getting the 12yr olds on Twitter to hope his kids die.

So thats the thing. When we play well people basically go its a 7/10 performance.

Problem is he does still do stupid **** a lot. He loses the ball a lot, his passes often end up going to the wrong person, His pressing and staying on his feet since the red has been better, but he still has a few tackles go a stray where he should have stayed on his feet.

He doesn't really add much I am afraid. He doesn't deserve the hate he gets from social media. Nobody does. But he isn't someone who should be nailed on in the teamsheet every week. Its a sad indictment on someone like AMN who is desperate to play CM that he can't keep someone like Xhaka out the team.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Nothing more alpha than bringing down your enemies with you. Xhaka will leave smirking at the social media abusers after he successfully drops Arsenal to the championship
And what about ordinary fans who never mention him on social media. I actually heard him say he loves the club and called Arsenal "my club". I assume this is tongue in cheek so lol, but I have a sense of humour bypass with this guy.

Why

Always Me ?
Had to google what Nelson was upto these days. Didn't realise he was assistant manager at Atletico since 2018.

Blimey, more experience than Arteta in Management. I am putting £50 on him being next Arsenal Manager as we like "Arsenal legends" as Managers.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
At least he is giving apologies now. Last year January when he put himself up for sale and no one except Hertha Berlin touched him with a barge pole must have been a truly humbling experience. Now he really wants his contract to be extended. So he has to this stuff even though it is for namesake.
He can shove his apology tbh. The sad thing is that this fool had an early contract extension. But for that, he'd be gone I three months. 23 days until lockdown ends in the UK. Somebody get a XhakaOut banner to Emirates. I'll even pay the cost of your oyster

blaze_of_glory

This is what I mean. People acting like he's the worst player ever. Ok, he's not top tier but saying he's the worst CM we've had? Off the top of my head he's better than Flamini, Denilson, Elneny, Ceballos. Probably slightly behind Song due to his mistakes but positive influence in the squad unlike Song (apparently).

Out performed Partey this year as well though he's not as good a player.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Both Song and Xhaka aren't very good defensively for players who played a lot as defensive midfielders...some similarities between the 2 :lol:

But yeah, Song is kinda remembered weirdly now...maybe due to the meme he became a Barca, but from 2008-2012 for us he was quality.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He can shove his apology tbh. The sad thing is that this fool had an early contract extension. But for that, he'd be gone I three months. 23 days until lockdown ends in the UK. Somebody get a XhakaOut banner to Emirates. I'll even pay the cost of your oyster
Ivan's masterclass. Leaves the contract for players like Sanchez to the end. But Xhaka? Let's renew it as soon as possible.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Whilst an upgrade is ideal, can you guys honestly see it? he looks quite central to whatever it is Arteta is trying to do to me.

Especially when you look at some of the younger options available who have had to go on loan.

skip spence

Know what, Ive slowly drifted away from watching our games and this mans no small part in that, just cant stand watching him play any longer. Absolute plodder he is, turns like an ocean liner, cant play in short spaces, cant defend and the game always seems to pass him by (unless the opposition falls back giving him ample space). Not to forget the moments of madness that come with the seasons like rain. Sure he hits the ball sweetly but Ronald Koeman he aint. Youve seen that guys highlight reel? That Id watch!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This is what I mean. People acting like he's the worst player ever. Ok, he's not top tier but saying he's the worst CM we've had? Off the top of my head he's better than Flamini, Denilson, Elneny, Ceballos. Probably slightly behind Song due to his mistakes but positive influence in the squad unlike Song (apparently).

Out performed Partey this year as well though he's not as good a player.
Flamini first time round was top drawer or pretty near. Denilson was underwhelming but in terms of keeping us ticking over in a possession based team, he was okay most weeks. No constant glaring mistakes. Elneny and Ceballos aren't starters and one isn't our player.
Petit, Platt, Vieira, Gilberto, Edu Cesc, Santi, Coq, Song, Hleb, Nasri, Ramsey, Arteta (lol) were all starters and all comfortably better.
Partey has been injured all season. Not hard for Xhaka to be better than a one legged man in about three games.
If he's a positive influence, it can only be because he's a convenient scapegoat to hide behind and because his team mates look at him and feel happy they're not as cr#p as he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom