• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonger

When talking about Bellerin replacements, I didn't realise that Mazraoui of Ajax that many have wish listed contract runs out next year.

Surely that should be a fairly straightforward transfer to complete, if we are indeed interested we should be in his agents ear already.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Torreria, Guendouzi, el Nenny and AMN likely to be gone this summer. 60m ish to invest in the midfield. No excuses for not firming it up. Give Willock another loan and blood Azeez slowly.

There will be plenty of right back options available and plenty of back up for LB.

I think we're a cb and cm away from a top 4 team. A no.10 to rotate with ESR wouldn't hurt either.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We've made a lot of smart signings: Leno, Gabriel, Tierney, Martinelli and despite his cost Pepe can go up another gear.

Partey and Aubameyang are world class and we have two gems in ESR and Saka.

Impact

Established Member
When talking about Bellerin replacements, I didn't realise that Mazraoui of Ajax that many have wish listed contract runs out next year.

Surely that should be a fairly straightforward transfer to complete, if we are indeed interested we should be in his agents ear already.

Great, great shout. The closest attainable player in terms of profile to Joao Cancelo, which is important considering how Arteta has been using the RB position. Hope the Club are watching Mazraoui closely - he is high on my wishlist.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Edu you better start the search to upgrade midfield and RB position because it's vital

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Torreria, Guendouzi, el Nenny and AMN likely to be gone this summer. 60m ish to invest in the midfield. No excuses for not firming it up. Give Willock another loan and blood Azeez slowly.

There will be plenty of right back options available and plenty of back up for LB.

I think we're a cb and cm away from a top 4 team. A no.10 to rotate with ESR wouldn't hurt either.
60 million? Outside of city no one will spend 60 million this summer. No one has any money

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Great, great shout. The closest attainable player in terms of profile to Joao Cancelo, which is important considering how Arteta has been using the RB position. Hope the Club are watching Mazraoui closely - he is high on my wishlist.
Yeah I've been looking at Mazraoui for a few weeks now, he is my first choice RB signing given we are confident he is able to replicate what he does in the PL. If he has performed well in the CL for example (last season), then we should be all over him. He's only 23 and his playstyle and build is exactly what we want.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We won't have much money to spend that for sure imo the covid impact just too big kroenke won't do much until things get desperate. But big hope we get good money from Niles Guendouzi Mavropanos Bellerin if sold Laca too to improve the team.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We won't have much money to spend that for sure imo the covid impact just too big kroenke won't do much until things get desperate. But big hope we get good money from Niles Guendouzi Mavropanos Bellerin if sold Laca too to improve the team.

Yeah I do think we're probably being very delusional about what's possible, not only for us but for most clubs. There was spending last summer but only in expectation of a quick return of fans. January was more indicative of the reality. The financial losses for the 20-21 season across Europe are going to be massive and unprecedented. Maybe City and PSG can still spend big but apart from that how is anyone gonna have any money?

Maybe 2-3 seasons ago you'd get 20m for someone like Nketiah and you use that to buy someone, that kind of deal isn't gonna happen now. Instead of 20m you might get 10m if you're lucky, I mean which club is even gonna commit 10m towards a young player with almost no senior track record? You're less likely to take gambles like that when finances are tight.

We need to be looking at certain types of deals. 1)players out of contract 2)players with 1 year left and 3)players who'd be very eager to step up to Arsenal. Deals like Aouar just seem impossible in the current climate.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yeah I do think we're probably being very delusional about what's possible, not only for us but for most clubs. There was spending last summer but only in expectation of a quick return of fans. January was more indicative of the reality. The financial losses for the 20-21 season across Europe are going to be massive and unprecedented. Maybe City and PSG can still spend big but apart from that how is anyone gonna have any money?

Maybe 2-3 seasons ago you'd get 20m for someone like Nketiah and you use that to buy someone, that kind of deal isn't gonna happen now. Instead of 20m you might get 10m if you're lucky, I mean which club is even gonna commit 10m towards a young player with almost no senior track record? You're less likely to take gambles like that when finances are tight.

We need to be looking at certain types of deals. 1)players out of contract 2)players with 1 year left and 3)players who'd be very eager to step up to Arsenal. Deals like Aouar just seem impossible in the current climate.
The clubs like man city Chelsea psg won't be affected because they controlled by country lol even clubs like manutd us Liverpool shouldn't have problems because the owners are worth well above 10b but because we self sustain we won't be able do much but this summer is good possibility to cash in and sell players who not even in squad like Guendouzi Torreira AMN Mavropanos

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The clubs like man city Chelsea psg won't be affected because they controlled by country lol even clubs like manutd us Liverpool shouldn't have problems because the owners are worth well above 10b but because we self sustain we won't be able do much but this summer is good possibility to cash in and sell players who not even in squad like Guendouzi Torreira AMN Mavropanos

But how much money can we get for these players? The type of club that will want Douzi, Torreira etc it's small or midtable clubs, how much money do they have? For example Fiorentina want Torreira, are they gonna be 23m like when we bought him? I doubt it, more like 10-15m.

We can raise money, but we're going to have to sell a lot of players for less than their value pre-pandemic. We wanted 50m for Bellerin last summer apparently, you'd be lucky to get 25m for him this summer.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
But how much money can we get for these players? The type of club that will want Douzi, Torreira etc it's small or midtable clubs, how much money do they have? For example Fiorentina want Torreira, are they gonna be 23m like when we bought him? I doubt it, more like 10-15m.

We can raise money, but we're going to have to sell a lot of players for less than their value pre-pandemic. We wanted 50m for Bellerin last summer apparently, you'd be lucky to get 25m for him this summer.
I hope the teams that interested give us good money if Hertha want Guendouzi they can give us 15-20m they rich club Torreira not much hope we'll probably sell for 10m because only clubs from Italy will be interested won't be surprised he go on loan again. I think we'll be able to get good 25m from laca because good teams like Roma Monaco will be interested.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Leno
???? ???? Gabriel Tierney
Partey ????
Saka ???? ????
Aubameyang​

To compete for top four under Arteta we need to fill in the blanks with quality signings.

Unlikely.

Yeah except put Pepe left wing

benjamin86

Established Member

If we're reinvesting in this market it doesn't really matter, sell players for less and buy players for less?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom