• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Leicester, Everton, West Ham and Villa all have good first teams but to be behind all of them as well as the other top sides is a massive underachievement. There’s simply no denying that.

say yes

forum master baiter
Top question.

@say yes @DUFFMAN @teamsoutheast

what would make you want Arteta gone? Does 10th and no EL win feel like progress?
Depends on whether performances are good or not. At the moment everything is pointing in the right direction performance-wise and I think we’ve been extremely unlucky with the results. But if that changes then I’d question his position.

From my perspective, he was allowed a rocky period in the transition. But he’s used that capital up and the honeymoon period is over now: he’s got to start delivering. No big setbacks. Onwards and upwards.

Simply put: my faith in Arteta is not because I think the current situation is good enough, but because I think he is building something here. And next season I expect to see that bear fruit. Ideally by putting together the best league season this club has had since 13/14; pushing for ~80 points in the league.

teamsoutheast

Assume we finish 10th and don’t win Europa? The people who see progress from last season despite getting less goals and points. What should be the minimum for Arteta next season? Top 4?
Providing he gets the players in we need to balance the team's shape, i'd say yeah that would be quite a fair request. The club is in transition at the moment. I said this during the Wenger era and i'll say it again, how long do we keep changing managers without giving them the time to implement their style and influence the players. We need some level of stability. Every manager will have his own style so we need to give them time to implement it before making rash decisions.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
It obviously isn't as big the as the Premier league or Champions league, but it's the nest best trophy to win after them (along with the Europa) certain teams (like Arsenal now) will never win the big 2 cups anymore, so of course we will enjoy the other trophies we win.

If Ole won the league cup with you (a player who scored United's most famous ever goal probably, and someone who clearly loves your club) would you not be even a little happy for him?

He may not be a great manager, but surely the emotional connection you have with him, would you not shed some tears of joy for him.
Of course I'd be happy for him. But I'd still want him gone. Solsjkaer isn't good enough to manage Manchester United. Football is quite simple. Hire a competent manager, buy players, get them players playing to the best of their ability, win matches you should be winning and lose against the better sides.

We sacked Van Gaal straight after winning the FA Cup. And rightly so - the football was dire.

Arteta has Arsenal Football Club sitting 10th place in the league after 27 matches played. You can dress it up how you want, blame refs, blame the players, blame the weather etc. But it's simply not good enough and the manager should always be questioned in this situation.

The fawning over Arteta - and the free ride he gets from the media, is just bizarre.

Can you imagine this place, City forums, Sp**s forums, Liverpool forums etc if Ole's Man United were 10th now? You'd all be loving it - saying what a bad manager he is. And you'd be right!

I don't understand Arsenal's decision making, it must be like a bad dream for you fans. 99% of clubs would get rid of Arteta by now. We got rid of Moyes when we were in 7th and had no hope of getting Champions League qualification.

But at Arsenal it's just accepted - being midtable is fine. Arteta is the one for the future, even though he's achieved nothing in the game as a player or a manager apart from the odd cup. I can point you to many medicore managers and players who won an FA Cup medal.

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Depends on whether performances are good or not. At the moment everything is pointing in the right direction performance-wise and I think we’ve been extremely unlucky with the results. But if that changes then I’d question his position.

From my perspective, he was allowed a rocky period in the transition. But he’s used that capital up and the honeymoon period is over now: he’s got to start delivering. No big setbacks. Onwards and upwards.

Simply put: my faith in Arteta is not because I think the current situation is good enough, but because I think he is building something here. And next season I expect to see that bear fruit. Ideally by putting together the best league season this club has had since 13/14; pushing for ~80 points in the league.
Last 9 matches we won 3. In a big club based on this alone it’s a club struggling. This is the period we supposedly turned it around

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Providing he gets the players in we need to balance the team's shape, i'd say yeah that would be quite a fair request. The club is in transition at the moment. I said this during the Wenger era and i'll say it again, how long do we keep changing managers without giving them the time to implement their style and influence the players. We need some level of stability. Every manager will have his own style so we need to give them time to implement it before making rash decisions.

What players do you believe we need to rid these excuses?

How many? What positions? And at what cost?

say yes

forum master baiter
Last 9 matches we won 3. In a big club based on this alone it’s a club struggling. This is the period we supposedly turned it around
I mean you’ve literally chosen to cut that quote off before the words “Performance-wise”..

Why would you deliberately misquote / misbold me to make such a crap point?

say yes

forum master baiter
This is where I get irritated with Arteta fans. You try to be fair and reasonable but you see this stuff and just think f*ck Arteta sometimes.

You don’t get to call Wenger mediocre if you back Arteta really and truly.
On the topic of being “fair and reasonable”, you never replied to me yesterday when I asked you for evidence that Arteta was constantly calling our players crap?

🤔

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This is where I get irritated with Arteta fans. You try to be fair and reasonable but you see this stuff and just think f*ck Arteta sometimes.

You don’t get to call Wenger mediocre if you back Arteta really and truly.
I wanted Emery gone at the end but fck me finishing 5th a whisker away from CL qualification twice looks incredibley good now that I'm watching this rubbish. And he was the one who was having to replace Arsène. Arteta isn't replacing Wenger. He's replacing Emery. And he's doing a terrible job of it.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

How many managers in the league get given “their players” until it works?

I think you’ll find most make do with what is given and some that do are even higher than us. Arteta has been backed and will get backed this summer too, but it won’t help him.

Arteta should be given the same amount of time as Emery got. If he needs that much more then why on Earth are you hiring him for?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

On the topic of being “fair and reasonable”, you never replied to me yesterday when I asked you for evidence that Arteta was constantly calling our players crap?

🤔
American Gooner answered you I didn’t think I needed to.

We won’t agree so I cba.

Also didn’t I tell you it was you process boyz that keep bringing up Wenger in a negative way? You’ll tell me that’s not the case also.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah @American_Gooner answered me by accepting he’s never said that :lol:

You just carry on being “fair and reasonable” though :lol:
I did said try tbf but you process boyz do my nut in then it goes out the window.

Arteta has said more than once he doesn’t have the players to play the way that he wants, you somehow tried to deny this and I simply can’t be bothered beyond that.

The players that drive the fanbase nuts (Xhaka, Laca, Bellerin) Arteta fought to keep so I’m not sure what he wants. He didn’t use the word “crap” but you’re reaching so I left you to it.

I want to see both the players and the manager be held accountable for the losses and I don’t see this happening. I just see the most twerking and diagrams.

say yes

forum master baiter
I did said try tbf but you process boyz do my nut in then it goes out the window.

Arteta has said more than once he doesn’t have the players to play the way that he wants, you somehow tried to deny this and I simply can’t be bothered beyond that.

The players that drive the fanbase nuts (Xhaka, Laca, Bellerin) Arteta fought to keep so I’m not sure what he wants. He didn’t use the word “crap” but you’re reaching so I left you to it.

I want to see both the players and the manager be held accountable for the losses and I don’t see this happening. I just see the most twerking and diagrams.
What an awful explanation. Can tell you're desperately reaching for a way out when you're having to fill your posts with asinine "process boyz" and "twerking" comments. In future, it might be less embarrassing to just accept you were wrong?

And if you don't want to get called out on nonsense posting, maybe don't post nonsense about the manager and then pretend you're trying to be "fair and reasonable"? There are plenty good reasons for not rating Arteta without having to make stupid **** up. Demeaning yourself here.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom