• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 16 1st Leg: Olympiakos v Arsenal | Thursday, March 11 | KO: 20:00 UTC | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,661
  • Views 68,888

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Got tickets for this one mate, best places to be pre-match? Travelling with my ex’s new husband.

Damn, didn't realise you split with that Mongolian girl. I am sorry to hear that mate, always thought you two had a strong relationship.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I want to the following team:

Gk: Leno
RB: Chambers
RCB: Holding
LCB: Mari
LB: Tierney
CM: Ceballos
CM: Xhaka
ACM: Ødegaard
RW: Pepe
LW: Saka
CF: PEA

Partey and Luiz don't deserve to be starting on their on their form this season and have been out peformed by Ceballos and Holding so far.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
My biggest concern is Ødegaard. I'm still not convinced he can help us stretch a tough de
Agreed - Ødegaard doesn't seem to get involved much. He does not have that Martinelli like hunger.

So why does Areteta persist with him and give up giving Martinelli opportunties?
I don't care about positions - Martinelli can play anywhere across the attacking side.

Olympiakos has a worser team than last year, let me tell you, here in Greece everybody says that, they get tired more easily, their physical condition is moderate to bad and if you watch an Olympiakos game you ll easily notice that. Arsenal has quality players in all positions and IF they play seriously (not like last year), they 'll qualify to next round. You only have to be serious and persistent, i hope Arteta has learned his lesson from last year and will tell his players to play strong and take a 2 goal (i hope) advantage from the first leg.
Panathinaikos fans support you, good luck, i m confident that you ll qualify this time, i believe you deserve it.
All the best from Greece.
(Sorry if my english is bad.)

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Olympiakos has a worser team than last year, let me tell you, here in Greece everybody says that, they get tired more easily, their physical condition is moderate to bad and if you watch an Olympiakos game you ll easily notice that. Arsenal has quality players in all positions and IF they play seriously (not like last year), they 'll qualify to next round. You only have to be serious and persistent, i hope Arteta has learned his lesson from last year and will tell his players to play strong and take a 2 goal (i hope) advantage from the first leg.
Panathinaikos fans support you, good luck, i m confident that you ll qualify this time, i believe you deserve it.
Cheers mate, look forward to your posts after we lose 3-0 in Greece.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Every time something about Panathinaikos comes up, my mind always brings up this interview - top quality!

Cheers mate, look forward to your posts after we lose 3-0 in Greece.
3-0??? Then Arteta shall change planet, no club will ever trust him again. I'm not trolling, i ll say it again, a serious Arsenal has nothing to be afraid of. Last year you underestimated them, you won 1-0 in the first leg, but the 2nd game was a tragedy, this shall and will not happen this time. Psv eindhoven scored them 4 goals, thats why i m saying they re worser than last year.
I think a 0-2 or 1-2 is a good score in the first leg

Arsenal need to play Panathinaikos again

True a 5-0 win will give the whole team confidence. Panathinaikos are good at that and that is why Olympiacos voted to keep Panathinaikos artificially in the Super League when their debts should have relegated them: Panathinaikos FC escape relegation by a change of rules!

A team called 'Lamia' beat them 3 times in less than two weeks recently. Lamia are buzzing from the confidence. I doubt you will meet them in an competitive game due to their squad containing all the quality and skill of a Barrow FC - but perhaps try to arrange a friendly with them, you wont regret it. Anyways enough about that poor club and its damaged fans.

I am looking forward to a good game. Most importantly very happy to see the vast majority of Arsenal fans sure of a win like last time.

Last edited:
I'm Greek and a Panathinaikos fan as well but oh boy, that's a lot of optimism.
It' s not a matter of optimism. It's called rationalism. Besides their value in european games is below zero, they have nothing to be proud of, every year they reach to the round of 16 and that's it. The only greek club that is successful in uefa tournaments is well known, is called Panathinaikos, has reached a european final (they will never get over it :)))and much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom