• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melquiades

Why are we immune to selling players? It's a totally legit thing to do, it's all good, just sell him.

This is not right because our budget is not big and we need replacement also we need to strength 3-4 other positions

And if we sell Lacazette we're almost certainly going to need to replace him. We can't go into next year with 1 established CF in Auba and then if he gets hurt be stuck in the Wolves situation of this year.

And replacing him is probably going to cost more than we get from selling him. So I don't see how selling him frees up money for this team. It's a false economy.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
And if we sell Lacazette we're almost certainly going to need to replace him. We can't go into next year with 1 established CF in Auba and then if he gets hurt be stuck in the Wolves situation of this year.

And replacing him is probably going to cost more than we get from selling him. So I don't see how selling him frees up money for this team. It's a false economy.

Teams need a bit of churn. Lacazette's been here for a while, sell him for 20m and spent it on a young striker, could be worse, could be the same, could be much better. At least it's something new. You're never gonna get back to the top by carrying on with the same stuff every year. You need to chop down a tree every now and then.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if Laca finishes his contract here to be honest.

If we can get a semi decent price, and have a replacement in budget lined up then fair enough sell.

We've got a fair bit of work to do with the squad on what will be a limited budget though. It wouldn't be the end of the world if Laca stayed here as 2nd choice next season. He's decent enough. You never know Martinelli might be ready to step up as a CF by then.

Melquiades

Teams need a bit of churn. Lacazette's been here for a while, sell him for 20m and spent it on a young striker, could be worse, could be the same, could be much better. At least it's something new. You're never gonna get back to the top by carrying on with the same stuff every year. You need to chop down a tree every now and then.

What good young PL-level strikers are available for 20m? Rhian Brewster cost 23m last year for 0 goals this year. Nketiah is worth 20m if we sell him and he hasn't done jack in the PL.

I will say that I really rate Balogun and if he's signed my opinion might be a bit different. But at this point it seems like a foregone conclusion that he's walking.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
What good young PL-level strikers are available for 20m? Rhian Brewster cost 23m last year for 0 goals this year. Nketiah is worth 20m if we sell him and he hasn't done jack in the PL.

I will say that I really rate Balogun and if he's signed my opinion might be a bit different. But at this point it seems like a foregone conclusion that he's walking.

Odsonne Edouard would cost 20m. 23 years old, 80 goals in 160 games for Celtic, plus about 30 assists. Why not give him a go? Lacazette is our past, not our future.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!

Is there any club out there that will give Lacazette the wages he wants and length of contract? I dont think so, which is why we will be stuck with him. Player power.

Arsenal1508

Whenever I see posts like this, I know this is a young fan that is just getting into football. The more years go by, you'll be able to understand the transfer market more - kind of like stock trading but for football.

No way anyone will pay 20 million for Lacazette.

You have to consider this - Lacazette another poor season. He is on 180K per week, but is not that level type of player. He is 30 years old and has regressed since he got to Arsenal. He would be on his final year of his contract - why would a team pay transfer fee of 20 million pounds for a player in the final year of their contract unless it is a Robin Van Persie level player?

He is not even worth the transfer fee of his wages alone. He gets about 9.5 million pounds per year.
So if a team took him on, they'd atleast pay him that much and hope that he can score goals. That's a lot of money for a player that looks worse and worse.

Lacazette also knows that no team is going to give him 9.5 million per year again. He will take a contract like Balotteli now (2-3 million) per year for his last contract.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Whenever I see posts like this, I know this is a young fan that is just getting into football. The more years go by, you'll be able to understand the transfer market more - kind of like stock trading but for football.

You have to consider this - Lacazette another poor season. He is on 180K per week, but is not that level type of player. He is 30 years old and has regressed since he got to Arsenal. He would be on his final year of his contract - why would a team pay transfer fee of 20 million pounds for a player in the final year of their contract unless it is a Robin Van Persie level player?

He is not even worth the transfer fee of his wages alone. He gets about 9.5 million pounds per year.
So if a team took him on, they'd atleast pay him that much and hope that he can score goals. That's a lot of money for a player that looks worse and worse.

Lacazette also knows that no team is going to give him 9.5 million per year again. He will take a contract like Balotteli now (2-3 million) per year for his last contract.

Whenever I see posts like this, I know this is a patronising a*sehole.

Arsenal1508

Whenever I see posts like this, I know this is a patronising a*sehole.

Hmm - sensitive are we?

Listen, I didn't just stop at a single paragraph. I made valid points that hopefully you'll and others understand when discussing transfers.

There is a reason why we were giving players away for free in January - becauses simply there is no market for a transfer fee for players that are not attractive to other teams anymore. Teams that will take a punt on players prefer not to put a transfer fee unless they are getting a sure thing.

We haven't tricked teams like Liverpool have in being able to sell players for high transfers.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

maybe he is willing to swap the bigger wages for a longer deal & more security elsewhere... its a precarious position for him at 30 this summer or 31 next summer testing the free agent market

will be interesting to see what level of clubs he will look to join... even if not good enough for us his 10-15 goals league goals a season still carry demand

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Hmm - sensitive are we?

Listen, I didn't just stop at a single paragraph. I made valid points that hopefully you'll and others understand when discussing transfers.

There is a reason why we were giving players away for free in January - becauses simply there is no market for a transfer fee for players that are not attractive to other teams anymore. Teams that will take a punt on players prefer not to put a transfer fee unless they are getting a sure thing.

We haven't tricked teams like Liverpool have in being able to sell players for high transfers.

Stick to your arguments in the future and leave out the patronising guff.

mirrorstare

Last match we were hopeless as usual until he stepped on the pitch. Without him we would be scared of Fulham, but if we want the thrills of a relegation battle then sure, sell him.

He's, football wise, the main reason Arteta still has a job so maybe the sacrifice is worth it.

mirrorstare

:lol::lol: Fair enough

We're diving a lot more under Arteta in general, one of the many things of "modern football" I didn't want this club to adopt at all.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
:lol::lol: Fair enough

We're diving a lot more under Arteta in general, one of the many things of "modern football" I didn't want this club to adopt at all.
If we are the only club in the league whos players stay on their feet, walk me though how this helps our cause. Apart from you being happier of course? As Im typing this Lucas Moura wins a free kick on the edge of the box for sp*rs and Cahill gets yellow. There was zero contact from the defender.

Its ingrained into the game at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom