• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I saw this the other day. Quite interesting how vocal he was especially to Mari. He's quite encouraging and sounds like a teacher done times. I'd like to see more of this especially when we're defending a corner.
Interesting enough, this was one of the sole reasons I preferred Emi over him. Glad to see him being more vocal and a commanding presence in the area.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Made some top saves again today but I have to question him trusting Xhaka facing his own goal today. He should be able to trust every team mate but surely he knows who he's looking at.
I'd say this is something they are both required to do... Xhaka was running to him so Leno was probably expecting that Xhaka does have a solution once he receives a ball, but Xhaka was offering himself even though all the paths for the pass were closed down.
I remember when Douzi was here, Leno was always happy to pass the ball to him in tight spaces, but he was always afraid of passing it to Xhaka, probably knowing his limitations. Think we'll see that again for the next couple of games.

Let's be honest here, top midfielders will find a way out of the trouble, but Xhaka is not agile enough to do so

mirrorstare

Don't really care about the mistake, it's not like it happened to someone else recently too (Ceballos). When we are predictable in our buildup we can and will get punished for it. It's coaching stuff and it happened to Emery too.

But he earned us a point today with that 1v1 save.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'd say this is something they are both required to do... Xhaka was running to him so Leno was probably expecting that Xhaka does have a solution once he receives a ball, but Xhaka was offering himself even though all the paths for the pass were closed down.
I remember when Douzi was here, Leno was always happy to pass the ball to him in tight spaces, but he was always afraid of passing it to Xhaka, probably knowing his limitations. Think we'll see that again for the next couple of games.

Let's be honest here, top midfielders will find a way out of the trouble, but Xhaka is not agile enough to do so
I can't remember the match but Cech was in goal and Xhaka went to take the ball to play out from the back.iirc, he lost it and old man Cech had a ho at Guendouzi who had been doing that all match until then. If Cech got it that early then Leno was foolish to trust Xhaka today. In the box, Leno had to be the leader. It's things like this that raise questions but I'm not laying it all at his door.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Modern coach: "Jens...when you get the ball, take your time, wait for your teammates to get into position...remember never go long, always play it short...

Lehmann...

Bernd needs to take notes!

Last edited:

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I wonder how he will feel when he looks at Emi Martinez named goalkeeper of the season. The insecurities will be even more worse.

Leno is a good number 2 and safe hands. However, I never saw him having Martinez like power to command his box.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Modern coach: "Jens...when you get the ball, take your time, wait for your teammates get into position...remember never go long, always play it short...

Lehmann...

Bernd needs to take notes!
Leno's hands are not as powerful. His arm will pull out of the socket if he tries that.

Last edited:

Riou

Seen a lot of people try to shift blame to Leno for the goal on Saturday, not for me.

Xhaka comes short and calls for the ball from Leno, of course he's gonna pass it to him, we focus on playing it short...Xhaka easily could have given it back to Leno for him to kick it long, but instead tries chipping it over a 6 foot 3 striker on his weak foot, because of course Xhaka tries that!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Seen a lot of people try to shift blame to Leno for the goal on Saturday, not for me.

Xhaka comes short and calls for the ball from Leno, of course he's gonna pass it to him, we focus on playing it short...Xhaka easily could have given it back to Leno for him to kick it long, but instead tries chipping it over a 6 foot 3 striker on his weak foot, because of course Xhaka tries that!
Xhaka clearly panicked once he had the poor touch and started to be closed down. He is such a tool.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Bernd Leno, I like him, he is a good shot stopper & decent in the air but if he'd stop doing these stupid passes from outside the back I'd be completely for him. Until then I'm yet to be 100% confident with him unless it's just Artetas idea.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'm not blaming him for the goal, but the Burnley game once again showed his distribution is absolutely dreadful. Shame, because his purely goalkeeping skills are great.

Riou

I miss when goalkeepers were just expectetd to be goalkeepers, tbh...the reason they are keepers in the first place is because they are the worst actual footballers ffs :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Fwiw, I'm definitely not blaming Leno but I do think it's (another) a wake up call for all our players when they see certain team mates in certain situations. Jens in that situation probably smashes the ball at Xhaka's face and catches the rebound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom