• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Shouldn't have been dropped for Willian, or Willian should have been dropped for Saka and not Pepe...Willian played well against Leicester, but Pepe was even better...unless Nico is starting in midweek, then it was a poor decision from Arteta.

Last edited:

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
There's a player in there somewhere but I have no faith he'll ever unlock it. He's the sort we should cut our losses on and get rid if someone's dumb enough to buy him. If he kicks on, so be it, he'll have saved his career and we were unlucky.

I'll give an example of a totally different sort of player that we got rid of. Ox. He gave glimpses of his potential. But we sold him to Liverpool and well, he's flopped for them too.

Maybe Pepe will do well for another team. But that'll be luck. We can't keep giving him season after season. Get rid

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There's a player in there somewhere but I have no faith he'll ever unlock it. He's the sort we should cut our losses on and get rid if someone's dumb enough to buy him. If he kicks on, so be it, he'll have saved his career and we were unlucky.

I'll give an example of a totally different sort of player that we got rid of. Ox. He gave glimpses of his potential. But we sold him to Liverpool and well, he's flopped for them too.

Maybe Pepe will do well for another team. But that'll be luck. We can't keep giving him season after season. Get rid
Ox is English and when we sold him the finance in football was completely different world. We wouldn’t even get 20 million pound for Pepe with his wages. Every club is struggling and this summer everyone will focus on keeping what they have

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Ox is English and when we sold him the finance in football was completely different world. We wouldn’t even get 20 million pound for Pepe with his wages. Every club is struggling and this summer everyone will focus on keeping what they have
I will give you that but do you think Pepe, without a sizeable improvement, is good enough to start next season?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I will give you that but do you think Pepe, without a sizeable improvement, is good enough to start next season?
I think pepe is good enough to start now. I don’t see us getting better attacker but next season. So he would be a starter for me. I’m not fan of putting midfielders out wide when you play with lone striker. He missed an absolute sitter, cleared one of the line and should have had pen. The likes of willian and esr simply not gonna give you the same in that position

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Play the guy against Olympiakos ffs
It's a little too late I'm afraid, even if he does well in the EL, I believe we have too many of our own players who can knock us out before other clubs do.
He should've started the season and be one of our key players along with Saka and Auba.

Arteta is such an idiot honestly, don't have words anymore for him. To this day Willian has more minutes than Pepe, unreal stuff

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It's a little too late I'm afraid, even if he does well in the EL, I believe we have too many of our own players who can knock us out before other clubs do.
He should've started the season and be one of our key players along with Saka and Auba.

Arteta is such an idiot honestly, don't have words anymore for him. To this day Willian has more minutes than Pepe, unreal stuff
I don't think Arteta is an idiot at all, but I do agree with you it's mind boggling that our record signing who clearly has ability isn't a key player in the side by now.
Pepe and Saka on either flank spearheaded by Auba is clearly our best attack, but I don't know what it's going to take for Mikel to see this.

Arteta couldn't wait to shoehorn Willian back in the side and we ended up with a result that would have fit right in with winter 2020 when we couldn't score. He hasn't learned but as long as people continue to draw up diagrams and write defence pieces to defend him what can you do.

Had it been Liverpool or another top 4 opponent (in the league) I am pretty sure Pepe would have started. It's very hard to prove and I won't deny my bias as a Pepe stan, but "easier" matches where you would expect Pepe to be a menace I find Willian gets those in a bid to make him look good.

Last edited:

Breezy ®

He was destroying burnley when he came on. Missed a chance, shouldve had a pen and unlucky not to score. The burnley defender were petrified of him running at them.

On this form he has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Just a bloody shame he doesn’t show this form nearly enough.

Also missed an absolute sitter, two sitters in fact.

Breezy ®

I volley with a weaker foot cleared off the line by two defenders is barely a sitter missed but ok.

A volley 6 yards out? It was a good clearance from the Burnley defender but he shouldn’t have been given a chance. At this level you have to be burying that. Not good enough.

Moah

I don't think Arteta is an idiot at all, but I do agree with you it's mind boggling that our record signing who clearly has ability isn't a key player in the side by now.
Pepe and Saka on either flank spearheaded by Auba is clearly our best attack, but I don't know what it's going to take for Mikel to see this.

Arteta couldn't wait to shoehorn Willian back in the side and we ended up with a result that would have fit right in with winter 2020 when we couldn't score. He hasn't learned but as long as people continue to draw up diagrams and write defence pieces to defend him what can you do.

Had it been Liverpool or another top 4 opponent (in the league) I am pretty sure Pepe would have started. It's very hard to prove and I won't deny my bias as a Pepe stan, but "easier" matches where you would expect Pepe to be a menace I find Willian gets those in a bid to make him look good.
I agree a club must try every possible way to make sure their record signing works out, we barely made it easy for him.
What is worse is the club is not giving him the chances despite him working his best and performing.

Moah

A volley 6 yards out? It was a good clearance from the Burnley defender but he shouldn’t have been given a chance. At this level you have to be burying that. Not good enough.
You hit that on target and its a goal 95% of the time. The ball still hit the woodwork despite being blocked by two players. The shot was good enough, we were just unlucky.

GunnerShy

There's some people on here that have trouble separating the Pepe of Aug-Dec with the Pepe we now see.

Recently he has shown improvement in every facet of his game. Whether Mikel has much to do with that I don't know. If he does, fair play.

Has to play all the big matches going forward. Martinelli should be the one getting the "Willian" minutes now the season is dusted

moloso

Seems to have developed/improved a weirdly effective tackling technique with his arse/body muscling the other player off the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom