• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 443,816
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Apparently Man United and West Ham were interested in bringing in Fredi Bobic as DoF. Bobic has been the mind behind Eintracht Frankfurts's rise from relegation fodder to DFB Cup winners under Niko Kovac and now CL aspirants under Adi Hütter. He's signed absolute successes like Jovic, Kostic, Haller, N'Dicka, Hinteregger, Kamada, Rebic, Kostic, Dost, Silva but also had some horrible flops like Torró, Wolf, N. Müller, Hrgota, Blum, Paciencia etc. Overall you'd have to rate his balance sheet positively, though. He's definitely managed to bring in very good managers to suit their overall style and tailor the squad to this style and the managers' needs. He's made a plus of 26m in transfers over his whole tenure at Eintracht and their overall trajectory from fighting relegation to fighting for a CL spot is clearly positive.

Bobic is sure an interesting guy. His reputation at times is somewhat dodgy as his transfer strategy has sometimes been accused of being like throwing **** at the wall until something sticks. He's also always suffered a bit from his reputation from his time at VfB Stuttgart where he was DoF before at Frankfurt. He was a complete novice back then and did a rather horrible job including chopping down the academy, bringing in some very, very dodgy and subpar players for key roles - although it has to be said he was demanded to bring down the budget while keeping Stuttgart an EL level club; tough job. But he also just didn't do that well and his time was definitely a starting point for Stuttgart's later relegation.
At Eintracht he seems to have learned and developed, though. As I wrote, his whole time their has been a success with Frankfurt on a very positive trajectory overall, an overall transfer plus, some big big transfers hits and rather small flops, and two very, very good manager appointments.

Would've been interesting to see a German DoF like Bobic in the Premier League. But all sources point to him having chosen Hertha Berlin for familial reasons.

Ahhh Fredi Bobic, the only thing I really know of the guy is from a game called Ultimate Soccer Manager 2 that used to be on PC, my first ever management game and Bobic was one of the best players on the game with Gaston Taument.

This game is up there with CM01/02.

Apologies for the trip down memory lane that no one really cares about but me :drool:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Lukaku won't work with pep style he not good around striker passing not his best attributes. Kane will be great fit Halland too imo

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

The inclusion of Lukaku on the list is strange, bangs in goals but surely would have a negative affect on style of play.

Saying that I wouldnt be surprised if his assist record is actually quite good.

He works incredibly well with De Bruyne. He's unselfish, and his assist record is good. But yes, would be a bit of a surprise, I can't imagine he's high on their list.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think Haaland would prefer England to Spain. No hassle with culture and language adaptation, and perhaps an environment which is more amenable to his physicality.

I still think City is the most likely destination, not for sentimental reasons, but simply because it is the best performing club in England right now. Their finances pretty guarantees that they will be up there in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The inclusion of Lukaku on the list is strange, bangs in goals but surely would have a negative affect on style of play.

Saying that I wouldnt be surprised if his assist record is actually quite good.

I wouldn't leave Inter if I were Lukaku, could win a title there this year and go on to win more. The coach loves him, he has a great partnership with Lautaro who says he wants to sign a new deal. He's the King of Milan, why leave?

Harz

Ugh Håland with Man City is going to be scary. Impossible to win the PL title for a few years against this City team unless the bald **** pulls off one of his signature implosions.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I wouldn't leave Inter if I were Lukaku, could win a title there this year and go on to win more. The coach loves him, he has a great partnership with Lautaro who says he wants to sign a new deal. He's the King of Milan, why leave?

If I'm Lukaku I dont return to the PL either, hes on course to becoming a Milan great if he continues his goal scoring record.

I suppose more trophies are likely at City but hes done the PL even though hes not won the title, I suppose its all down to what he values more.

Either way I cant see him joining City and believe hes only on that list as he was at Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom