• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Well, the pitch at the Emirates is one of the few things that isn't broken at the moment. I guess letting Henry is charge of that should rapidly remedy the current excellence...

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Rumours of Celtic appointing Enzo Maresca from the Man City U23's. I remember him as a player but know nothing about him as a coach so what's the chances he ends up being the true heir to Pep? 😄

Kav

Established Member
Didn't the guy leave a youth coaching position to work for Sky because he felt it was beneath him (or Sky simply gave him more money)?
He was offered the coaching job on the basis of it being full time job.

He was already assistant manager to the Belgian National team while doing sky punditry as well. Wenger wanted someone full time for the job and Henry couldn’t commit to that because of his previous engagements.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Rumours of Celtic appointing Enzo Maresca from the Man City U23's. I remember him as a player but know nothing about him as a coach so what's the chances he ends up being the true heir to Pep? 😄
Pep has been managing for 15 years, how many his assistants have become top managers? :shivering:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Pep has been managing for 15 years, how many his assistants have become top managers? :shivering:
Still this guy been managing the City U23's, Celtic going for the more experienced option than we did if they get him 😄

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

A couple of high profile positions have passed him by without serious consideration, maybe he just wants to get back out there?

It's important to note his profile is currently not en vogue.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
A couple of high profile positions have passed him by without serious consideration, maybe he just wants to get back out there?

It's important to note his profile is currently not en vogue.
There are more top managers out there than top job available. Always.
But I was told that no manager would want a gig at Arsenal.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

There are more top managers out there than top job available. Always.
But I was told that no manager would want a gig at Arsenal.
I don't buy it tbh much like yourself.

Could be just getting it out there that he's willing to go to Shaktar to put clubs who would normally be shy on high alert.

Kav

Established Member
Allegri is an interesting option for sure. Won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but he knows how to get results. He’s grown as a manager over the years. Will be successful if he moves to the PL or La Liga.

I don’t have much hope that our owners have the balls to hire a top manager though. They went with Emery who was experienced but he wasn’t even among the top class managers available at the time. Then they went in the opposite direction by hiring Arteta. I think the owners are afraid of hiring managers with strong personality and experience who will demand more of them than they are willing to do.

mma

He is not going to Shakhtar lmao, can't believe people are even entertaining this.

Since firing at Juve he rejected Milan, Roma, Dortmund and Netherlands jobs. Milan, Roma, Arsenal, Utd, RM, Barca, Juve could all/some potentially be available in a couple months and he's going to agree with Shakhtar before he sees all options in the summer?

His agent just a few days ago said he rejected many approaches because it wasn't the right project, now Shakhtar is IT?

:lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom